• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Splatfest! Pokemon Red v. Blue! Which Side Will You Choose?

Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue?

• Total voters

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
So is this going to be the first true red-colored ink we'll be seeing?

Pretty cool splatfest- sad that i'll be joining the upcoming EU one, whatever that one may be.
Oh my gosh, I forgot about ink colors.
It would be really awesome if they made red ink for this, but I feel like they might make it orange :(

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
so there's a lot and I mean a lot of confusion of why America had no splatfest this week

The reason is ALL SPLATOON PLAYERS ACROSS THE WORLD (America Japan Europe Australia) are all getting the same splatfest at the same time tomorrow

Spoilers below
The splatfest theme
Pokemon red or blue

This sounds good but trust me there will be a lot of cons with server disconnects and everything so good luck

Voting has started now so get squidding

_horiizon_

Inkling
NNID
fadinghorizons
Yoooo pokemon actually joined forces with splatoon! Mega hype! So what team are you squids joining? Will this be like future v. past where everyone picks red but blue comes out on top or will Callie keep her splatfest reign going?

dubious

Inkster Jr.
NNID
hyomin
Will this be like future v. past where everyone picks blue but red comes out on top or will Callie keep her splatfest reign going?
Fixed, as Red is Callie's choice :P

Looking at my own plaza, there already looks to be more Blue shirts than Red in terms of NA players.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing...

I had to check serebii even to get convinced, this is SO HYPE!
That said, I may go with Marie on this one, I know instantly red team will be more popular, I hope this doesn't turn out like Rock vs Pop though.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Yeesss! The nostalgia! I personally prefer Blastoise over Charizard and Charizard is probably gonna be popular! So this totally matches up! I finally have a Splatfest where I choose my favorite Squid sister as a team without losing (probably)

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
Now THIS is how you do a sponsored splatfest! It's Nintendo, so most people know/care about what it is, it will promote Pokemon, and Pokemon has a HUGE fanbase. I'm very excited about this, I've been a Pokemon fan for most of my life! I've never actually played Red and Blue but hey, Pokemon is Pokemon! I'm going with blue because 1. Better color (it's my favorite) 2. Will probably be less popular, which is good and 3. SQUIRTLE!

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Don't care how popularity rolls out, I will for sure be picking Red. It was my very first introduction into the Pokemon game, and it is the reason I'm still a fan 18 years later. Oh, the nostalgia. . .

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
wHERES THE POLL?

PS: The splatfest is gonna be on my BIRTHDAY YAS! I turn 20 :-000

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Which version of Red are we talking here? Japan Red was the original and used similar sprites to Green. US Red was created after the devs made Blue with updates to the sprites and Cerulean Cave. So technically, if you choose Red based on the US Red version, you actually like Blue better because US Red is Blue with different Pokemon. If you choose Red based on the Japanese version of Red, then you are a true blue Red fan. :p

I choose Blue because:

Butterfree > Beedrill
Persian + Slash + Gen 1 Crit Rate >>>>>>> Primeape
Victreebell + Razor Leaf + Gen 1 Crit Rate >>>>>>>> Vileplume
It was the first Pokemon Game I played.

R2D221

Senior Squid
NNID
R2D221
I will be picking Blastoise, only because he has cannons in its shell!!!

No, but seriously, I've never played Pokémon in my life, so while I know this is pretty exciting for everyone, for me it's just kind of meh.

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
The theme is cool and all...

But I can't help but be reminded that after the Splatfest is over, we'll have 2 weeks of people arguing and complaining about how Splatfests aren't fair, how some people have never won a single Splatfest, how x6 multiplier is dumb, how popularity should be a bigger factor, basically repeating the same things we've been hearing Splatfest after Splatfest.

Also, uh, Venusaur master race. Blastoise and Charizard are inferior!
I would default to the version I had as a young'in... but I actually owned both versions + Yellow. So I guess I'll default to Callie's side since I usually end up choosing the side she supports anyway... but we'll see. Maybe I'll spice things up with Blue. But then again, Arcanine is cooler than Ninetales...

Hard decisions here.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
This is pretty unexpected. On one hand, a poor choice since Red/Fire/Charizard is always far more popular than any other starter and the "A" game is usually more popular than the "B" game. On the other hand great choice because only older gamers care about Red & Blue at all, it has no meaning beyond colors and the evolved "second starter from X & Y" to the kiddies - so this is as much an adult theme splatfest as a fest about Gone with the Wind.

Also I can't believe they're really doing a worldwide simultaneous splatfest! I didn't think they had the server capacity for it. Must have done some big upgrades! I wonder if we can get more frequent splatfests now that they're running them at the same time? This is pretty exciting!

Tough choice for me. I never played Red & Blue so I don't have a particular attachment. If this were a choice of Charmander vs Squirtle, I might have to pick Red...I Charmander is so cute, and I almost NEVER evolve my starter Pokemon...they're too cute as they are, I hate to see them get ugly. But this choice is Charizard vs. Blastoise....and Charizard is just so fugly, it's hard not to go Blastoise. But I did play Charizard in X & Y, but only because I already picked Froakie as my first starter and didn't want two water types.

Also, Pepto Bismol Ink.....maybe blue...

This is like the world imploding though. Callie & Marie, introducing Pokemon. All they needed was for Isabel and Yoshi to walk by for a cameo and I would have to assume I'm never going to sleep, eat, or bathe again.

Pretty cool splatfest- sad that i'll be joining the upcoming EU one, whatever that one may be.
LOL, ESRB might change it to "M" if they ever have red ink....this game would look nastier than Devil's Third with red ink....

You're getting Red & Blue as well I believe.

But I can't help but be reminded that after the Splatfest is over, we'll have 2 weeks of people arguing and complaining about how Splatfests aren't fair, how some people have never won a single Splatfest, how x6 multiplier is dumb, how popularity should be a bigger factor, basically repeating the same things we've been hearing Splatfest after Splatfest.
Don't worry, when that happens, @Zombie Aladdin and I can just change the topic to food, retro arcades, pinball, and bronies again :D

ZeroParadox

Senior Squid
NNID
ZeroParadox
I'm definitely going for Team Red.

No logical explanation - I just bought the game that had a giant dragon on the cover.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Team Red hands down. Charizard all the way. We will burn all the Blues to ashes.....

KrisLegendary

Inkling
Personally going with Pokemon Red. Charizard is a tank. Doesn't necessarily bother me if I lose because I'll get snails in the end anyway.
Besides, looking at all these comments now, who knows, Blue might be more popular. Haha.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686

Well if the ink splatters on these official Pokemon Splatfest shirts are anything to go by then look at the shirt that Team Green in Japan is getting. It has pink ink splatters on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom