• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Splatfest! Pokemon Red v. Blue! Which Side Will You Choose?

Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue?

• Total voters

R2D221

Senior Squid
NNID
R2D221
What is this?!?!?! More Blue than Red??!?!?! Red is CLEARLY the superior version :p. jkin, but not. Are you guys really picking water bowser over a fire breathing dragon?!?!?! Charmander is also probably the cutest starting pokemon from the first gen (not including pikachu).
You know, the nickname “Water Bowser” just makes it more badass.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
My two cents: Kamex is a much cooler name than Lizardon.

And the "fire-breathing dragon" isn't exactly unique. Damn near every Dragon-type can learn Flamethrower/Fire Blast.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Ouch, punches thrown. Charizard is only over-rated because he's popular.
I mean... I think being popular is a pre-requisite in order for something to be overrated. Mewtwo is popular, but he isn't overrated because he's legitimately quite unique in design/concept/origin. Charizard, on the other hand, is a fire-breathing dragon. How many fire breathing dragons exist in fiction? Oh, his tail has a flame on it? Revolutionary.

If you want to compare to his starter counterparts, a turtle with water pumps on its shoulders is a lot more creative. A plant/dinosaur hybrid capable of photosynthesis is quite unique. I guess they don't possess the mass appeal of a fire breathing dragon, though, which kind of goes back to my point.

In any case, I'm in the JP region, and I voted Green. Red was my OG Pokemon game and the love of my life, but Venusaur will always be my baby.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
I'm thinking about going Blue (EU). Even if Red was my first one I also had Blue and Blue has Meowth, Vulpix, Sandshrew. As to the rest the games are even and I refuse to choose a side simply based on colour or cover.

If Yellow was an option, I would have just chosen it instead.

Who didn't like the talking Pikachu?
And when you try using a yellowstone it's just like "Nah." :oops:

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Information from twitter.

Red currently has 52% of the votes.
Remember how Naughty vs Nice was evenly split on Twitter and how it was in reality at the final results of the Splatfest? It would be nice to have another Art vs Science split but now that seems to be nothing but a legend.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I figure younger kids aren't using twitter, neither are teh 1337 h@rdkorez. So the twitter results show only the middle segment of players.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I chose Team Blue because Mega Blastoise will always be cooler to me than either Mega Charizard. Mega Blastoise losesone of its shoulder cannons, but now it has wrist-cannons! With mini-shells on them! That's pretty handy. Also, I use Clawitzer in one of my online battling teams, and I know full well how useful Mega Launcher is as an ability if you know what goes with it.

That being said, my favorite version, I would say, is currently OmegaRuby. They remade Hoenn and tied it into Kalos. That's really neat. The post-credits quest involving Rayquaza is also one of the most memorable events in the entire series, and that's saying something considering I get harder to impress very quickly.

I mean... I think being popular is a pre-requisite in order for something to be overrated. Mewtwo is popular, but he isn't overrated because he's legitimately quite unique in design/concept/origin. Charizard, on the other hand, is a fire-breathing dragon. How many fire breathing dragons exist in fiction? Oh, his tail has a flame on it? Revolutionary.

If you want to compare to his starter counterparts, a turtle with water pumps on its shoulders is a lot more creative. A plant/dinosaur hybrid capable of photosynthesis is quite unique. I guess they don't possess the mass appeal of a fire breathing dragon, though, which kind of goes back to my point.

In any case, I'm in the JP region, and I voted Green. Red was my OG Pokemon game and the love of my life, but Venusaur will always be my baby.
Charizard was popular for one sole reason: The TCG and his huge numbers. Charizard didn't hold a candle to Venusaur or Blastoise in the Base Set in battle, but people were attracted to its 120 HP and 100-damage attack. Power creep's made Charizard even more useless with each passing set, but it came first.

GangstaPanda

Inkster Jr.
NNID
LittleSkittlez
Remember how Naughty vs Nice was evenly split on Twitter and how it was in reality at the final results of the Splatfest? It would be nice to have another Art vs Science split but now that seems to be nothing but a legend.
Was Art Science really that even? Wasnt playing back then. And how did the naughty or nice turn out? I got the game in may when it came out but just stopped for no reason idk why im just after picking it back up a week ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom