• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Splatfest! Pokemon Red v. Blue! Which Side Will You Choose?

Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue?

• Total voters

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Was Art Science really that even? Wasnt playing back then. And how did the naughty or nice turn out? I got the game in may when it came out but just stopped for no reason idk why im just after picking it back up a week ago
Art won 51 & 51 vs. Science.

Naughty had 41% popularity and 59% wins vs. Nice.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Charizard was popular for one sole reason: The TCG and his huge numbers. Charizard didn't hold a candle to Venusaur or Blastoise in the Base Set in battle, but people were attracted to its 120 HP and 100-damage attack. Power creep's made Charizard even more useless with each passing set, but it came first.
To be honest, base set Venusaur and especially Blastoise were much more viable in the base set, both had powerful abilities to support their teams. (Venusaur could transport grass energy between your pokemon, which allowed a team to load energy on powerful grass attackers and reduce waste. Meanwhile, Blastoise's Rain Dance allowed unlimited placement of energy on water types, allowing powerful water types to charge in one turn.) However, kids looked at the pretty artwork and giant numbers but ignored the steep 4 energy cost for Charizard's only move, and the fact that one had to discard 2 energies every time the move was used.
I'll look out for pokemon-themed usernames. Renamed myself to "MissIngno.", haha. :D
Probably going to become Smeargle and try to pound everyone with an Inkbrush/Octobrush

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Probably going to become Smeargle and try to pound everyone with an Inkbrush/Octobrush
That's awesome...I was considering playing inkbrush part of the day myself....that's such a good plan :p I won't change my name though!

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
According to the official japanese Twitter the maps will be: Blackbelly Skatepark, Camp Triggerfish and Museum d’Alfonsino but I'm not sure if this is for Japan only or for all 3 regions.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
According to the official japanese Twitter the maps will be: Blackbelly Skatepark, Camp Triggerfish and Museum d’Alfonsino but I'm not sure if this is for Japan only or for all 3 regions.
Surprised they don't want to include Ancho-V-Games, at least in Japan.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Funny you should mention this. I just got done with a match, and one of my teammates was named "TRUMP 2016." And surprise surprise, she was wearing a Team Red shirt.

Unlike either of the above, however, she actually proved useful in combat.

EDIT: Might as well get on the Pokémon naming bandwagon, but on my terms. I'll be the Greek Flareon on Team Blue.

Last edited:

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Funny you should mention this. I just got done with a match, and one of my teammates was named "TRUMP 2016." And surprise surprise, she was wearing a Team Red shirt.

Unlike either of the above, however, she actually proved useful in combat.
Was that a dig against Charizard, too? :D

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Man... this Splatfest is starting to make me become fond of Pokémon again. It's been a while, but I'm sorely tempted to get back into it. If only I knew where my games went... all I have on-hand are Crystal (with the battery going out) and Platinum.

Though I'm not sure where to start if I do end up getting another game. But that's a matter for another thread.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Man... this Splatfest is starting to make me become fond of Pokémon again. It's been a while, but I'm sorely tempted to get back into it. If only I knew where my games went... all I have on-hand are Crystal (with the battery going out) and Platinum.

Though I'm not sure where to start if I do end up getting another game. But that's a matter for another thread.
My GBC Pokémon games are already dead in terms of battery.

Platinum's the best main RPG though. :)

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
To be honest, base set Venusaur and especially Blastoise were much more viable in the base set, both had powerful abilities to support their teams. (Venusaur could transport grass energy between your pokemon, which allowed a team to load energy on powerful grass attackers and reduce waste. Meanwhile, Blastoise's Rain Dance allowed unlimited placement of energy on water types, allowing powerful water types to charge in one turn.) However, kids looked at the pretty artwork and giant numbers but ignored the steep 4 energy cost for Charizard's only move, and the fact that one had to discard 2 energies every time the move was used.
Yep, that's exactly my point. The people who weren't interested in playing and only interested in collecting liked the big numbers on Charizard. And at that point, I'd say there was hardly anyone playing, and even fewer people playing properly because TCGs hadn't yet become mainstream, and Pokémon had the "Gotta catch 'em all!" slogan that encouraged people to collect rather than battle. It wasn't until Yu-Gi-Oh! that properly informed the mainstream that there are games you can play with these cards. Nowadays, it's mostly players and relatively few collectors of the Pokémon Trading Card Game though. Or maybe the collectors are quieter.

If you want to be up to date, wait a bit longer and get Z Version. Or, if you don't get either OmegaRuby or AlphaSapphire, as that's the current competition standard and is the most up to date as far as Pokémon (as there are Mega Evolutions introduced in the Hoenn remakes that aren't in the Kalos games and are incompatible with them as a result).

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I didn't get into Pokemon until Gen 4 so I'm choosing Blue version because it's my favorite color and Blastoise represents my favorite Pokemon type! This means I'm on Marie's team unfortunately, but eh I'll live with it!

Just start with the latest one, which by the end of the year will hopefully be Pokemon Z!

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
It... It seems like Blue is the more popular team.
WHAT KIND OF BACKWARDS WORLD ARE WE LIVING IN!!!!

(I like it~)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom