Next US Splatfest: Pirates VS Ninjas

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
And I'm only showing how careless people can be when the opposing team has some DC'd teammates. smh
Disconnections are going to happen on every side, and you practically said, "4 people didn't go easy on a friend because 3 of her teammates DCed, so everyone on team Pirate is a cheater" with your "all Pirates are cheaters" post and just one video of one match with people simply playing their best against one person to secure victory without proof of them doing it just to be jerks. Doesn't help that your friend squidbagged, which is a controversial taunt.

Politoed

Inkling
NNID
Politoed
I think the popularity is more there just to show literally how popular each team was rather than to affect the results now.
It almost always seems to be the popular team that loses more than the less popular.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
I still think x4 was enough, but I guess they wanted to make 100% sure that popularity wouldn't have a chance at all of determining who wins unless the win/lose % ended in a tie. Though x4 would almost always do that too right? Eh, nothing worth complaining about.

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
Sorry if I sound salty, but I have been at every Splatfest and have only won one time.
Well I knew pirates would win and something else to know as well
Least popular teams always wins
Besides the art vs science one. That was a awesome splatfest
I think the popularity is more there just to show literally how popular each team was rather than to affect the results now.
It almost always seems to be the popular team that loses more than the less popular.
Yep. I called it, and I will be specifically picking the team I think will be least popular next time so I don't have those lame mirror matches.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
If only you noticed it early... Sheesh, every heard of showing mercy?
It can actually be hard to tell if there are disconnects in a game or not depending on the player. Not every single player actually pays attention to the squids at the top. A lot of players, especially during Splatfests, focus solely on inking turf and don't pay attention to what's going on with the other team. So it's very possible that they didn't even notice that the other team was disconnected like that because they weren't paying attention to the squids at the top or they just didn't think about who they were seeing.

Secondly, everyone plays Splatoon differently. When it comes to Splatfests and Ranked battles, I am a player who will not show mercy to the other team. During this last Splatfest, I had quite a few battles where it was 4 vs 3 and we showed mercy to the Ninjas... It costed us the battles. So to be quite frank... No, I won't show mercy when it comes to a Splatfest because I'm here to win. I've had too many battles where pulling back costed us the match in the last minute.

Thirdly... This is not cheating. .-. If it's cheating, I would love to know how Team Pirates purposefully forced Team Ninjas to disconnect. That would be cheating. Not showing mercy during a battle isn't cheating. It's merely playing Splatoon in one way that it was meant to be played.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
Not to mention, disconnects in Splatfests have always been a problem, especially near the end of the event. So its really not surprising seeing a sudden 4v1 situation like that.

Mr. Gency

Full Squid
NNID
Mister-Gency
I went with my love of stealth and got my first lose since water slides vs rollercoasters. Awesome.

As soon as splatfest started and I saw all those Naruto posts, I was just like "I want to go back to Callie."

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
They should have changed our ranks to be flavoured, so you'd go from Cabin Boy/Girl to Bosun to First Mate to Captain. Just a couple of wins from maxing my Splatfest rank anyway.
And with Team Ninja, it'd be Trainee, Genin, Chunin, Jonin, and Kage?

7 Splatfests, and not Arowana once. NoA must be biased.
Arowana Mall has not shown up for a Japanese Splatfest either, though it did show up once for a European one.

Well my Pirate expedition last night was not so great. Made it to Pirate King, but my So Hawt rating is not even above 10. The lag was just so unbearable, tis why I didn't continue playing after reaching King, but hopefully it'll be better today. Just don't understand how regional lag can be so much worse than worldwide, Nintendo please fix!
I'd have to ask people who play in European Splatfests and Japanese Splatfests to confirm it, but I don't think it's the fault of Nintendo of America, but rather the privatized lines in the United States, as well as an abuse by the ISPs of the "up to" phrase advertised. That is, Internet service providers in the United States can deliberately lower their users' connection speed for whatever reason they want.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Well, looks like we won! RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER! :D

Also, I noticed everyone jumping to the conclusion that Pirates would win because the bad players were on Ninjas due to overpopularity. I'm not sure if someone in this thread said something conflicting, but so far, all the Splatfest results in terms of win % have been double-digit numbers starting with either a 4 or a 5 in the first digit. Even more, I think this is the largest win % yet. I don't really think we ought to keep leaning towards the conclusion that the less popular team will win, since all win % results so far have been shown to be pretty close.
I'm going to throw a curveball at you guys:

If ninjas prove to be more popular then they're going to lose, you know why? (more bad players in the mix)

Check out the results of the previous splatfests.
I DUCKING CALLED IT.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Well, my record is now 4-3 and I have over 100 snails (though that won't stay for long once I start getting more slots open). Overall, I feel good about going with Pirates even though I didn't break my vibe record. We stuck together to the end and it showed!

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Uh huh, sure. Let's all ignore "unfair" and "have mercy" because that's what a pirate is in a nutshell!
There is no mercy in Splatfest matey! It aint be our fault ye team mates be filled with fear. Why would we take it easy on ye? It's a war out there, aint no mercy in War ya Landlubber. If the tides be changed, I bet yer boot would be in ye mouth right now.

Also, Good Game guys, 'twas fun playing with ya.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I swear I never want to see Moray Towers again. I think that I only got Walleye like 7 times and Trigger fish about 3 times. Finally got Pirate king but at the end of my run, I had a lot disconnected team members.
Funny thing is, I never played Moray until midway through Defender. I kept on getting Walleye over and over again.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
So does this mean the reason why Team Pirates won because of not just from popularity, but they were also using the power of lag? Wow, pirates are definitely ruthless.

(My current avatar's pretty fitting for them winning, though.)

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Or, Cthulu Forbid, Pirates just had better members on their team. Love how when Pirates win, they're automatically scum who abused a method they have no control over.

Never mind that this actually happened a few times, where someone dropped at the beginning of the game, and we STILL won.

That was damn good team by the way, we got quite a few wins together. R.I.P. tickle cat.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Well I knew pirates would win and something else to know as well
Least popular teams always wins
Besides the art vs science one. That was a awesome splatfest
Yeah, I liked that one alot even if we didn't win. The Ninjas at the end put up a good fight. It would've been a closer race if we had more time. That win percentage though...

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
why don't we just say that it was a good splatest I was on team ninja and I was spawned camped by my own ninja brotherin and I almost got spawn camped by pirates saying one team won or lost because of lag is poor sportsmanship not every battle (most of them actually) didn't have dc it's based by who won the battles and there were scum 1v4 spawn campers on BOTH sides

So I say again well done pirates congrats on wiping the floor with team ninja

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom