[North America] NEW SPLATFEST: Team Past Travel vs. Team Future Travel!

Team Past or Team Future?

• Travel to the past

Votes: 50 46.7%
  • Travel to the future

Votes: 40 37.4%
  • Undecided/screw Splatfests I'm salty

Votes: 17 15.9%

• Total voters

No-Intro-Needed

Inkling
NNID
SuperMario28
Team Past won by 55% to 45% win percentage while Team Future won by popularity 61% to 39% (Total = 369-331 Team Past). I'm glad I chose the less popular team again.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I could take a 45/55 difference. Isn't as stupid as say a 41/59.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I've played like 5-6 splatfests and I've only ever won one (Burgers vs. Pizza)
So I always get really mad after the results screen XD

And also, I had one game where a guy literally just stood at spawn with a blaster and fired upwards for the ENTIRE GAME... I wonder why future lost...

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
NA Splatfests in a nutshell:

Little to no disconnections (even if you do, you rejoin right into a really good team).
Really good teams nearly every team you join.
Go up against the opposition's worst best players. Some may actually splat you and little to no spawn camping against you. Some may fail their spawn camping.
You will stay fresh regardless of you playstyle or weapon.

The phrases "The connection is unstable", "Disconnected from team. Returning to lobby", and mainly "A communication error has occurred" will be implanted into your brain throughout the whole fest.
Defeated at spawning point with your teammates bloating the opposition's K/D ratios and ink spread (you're likely to disconnect here).
Winning a game...to disconnect happen upon you when you're about to get your points.
Switching weapons in and out like a mad(wo)man just to fail anyways.
Your fresh rating will be like when you first played the game.

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Full Squid
NNID
LimitCrown
I could take a 45/55 difference. Isn't as stupid as say a 41/59.
Only 54% of the amount of wins was needed to offset Team Ninja's popularity. In this Splatfest, Team Past needed only 52% of the amount of wins in order to offset Team Future's popularity. It demonstrates how little the popularity of a team actually matters in Splatfests now.

Last edited:

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Surprising absolutely no-one, Callie's team takes the Splatfest once again! Ammonites represent!
Goddamned little squid skank rigging the damn teams in her favor every ****ing time no wonder she's on the naughty list

So, I'm kinda curious. How long did we have the 4x multiplier before it was bumped up to 6x? And what made them decide to do that anyway?

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
The popularity shouldn't matter at all. Pretty sure its entire point is to be the deciding factor in a tie for wins.

When was the last time you went to a soccer game and the winning team was decided by how many fans were in the stands? Unlike in soccer, you need a winner for this, and I'm 95% sure that is the only reason Popularity is even taken into account.

So, with that, your team sucked, it's unfortunate. That doesn't mean you sucked, just a majority of your team. You got your 18 snails, now move on.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Lol, why am I not surprised Callie won again? You ought to know by now the less popular team will win.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
You ought to know by now the less popular team will win.
This only counts for the north american splatfests though. Europe and Japan doesn't have this problem.

SpaceCanary

Full Squid
NNID
SpaceCanary
So, I'm kinda curious. How long did we have the 4x multiplier before it was bumped up to 6x? And what made them decide to do that anyway?
The x6 multiplier was first introduced in Pirates vs. Ninjas Splatfest. As to why they did it, I have no clue, but whatever it is, it's not working.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
The x6 multiplier was first introduced in Pirates vs. Ninjas Splatfest. As to why they did it, I have no clue, but whatever it is, it's not working.
So you're saying that the splatfests should be determined solely on popularity?
If that isn't what you're saying, then define "not working" because since the Splatfests aren't determined by Popularity (as it should be) they are clearly working.

Love how the first splatfest happens and people are crying "why does popularity decide the winner?!" Then the least popular teams win, and all the people on that team scream in unison "Why doesn't popularity count for as much?!"

Oh, how fanbases work. . .

97Stephen

Pro Squid
If that isn't what you're saying, then define "not working" because since the Splatfests aren't determined by Popularity (as it should be) they are clearly working.

Love how the first splatfest happens and people are crying "why does popularity decide the winner?!" Then the least popular teams win, and all the people on that team scream in unison "Why doesn't popularity count for as much?!"

I think the problem is that popularity does decide which team wins. In NA at least the less popular team always wins. I think people want popularity to count more to give the more popular team a chance. We don't want popularity to count too much, but right know it doesn't count at all except to screw the more popular team.

SpaceCanary

Full Squid
NNID
SpaceCanary

What I'm trying to say is that popularity does decide the winner. . . just now the more popular team always loses instead of always wins. x6 way surpasses the happy medium that would allow either popularity or wins to decide victory, and to have a close Splatfest for once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom