• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[North America] NEW SPLATFEST: Team Past Travel vs. Team Future Travel!

Team Past or Team Future?

• Travel to the past

Votes: 50 46.7%
  • Travel to the future

Votes: 40 37.4%
  • Undecided/screw Splatfests I'm salty

Votes: 17 15.9%

• Total voters

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Well, this just feels unfair for team Past. I only had 3 losses so far (two because of disconnections) and even found two really good teams. Meanwhile, I got in double digits for splats many game and even won 70~7 once. I don't know whether team Past is really good, team Future is really bad, or both.

Also nice to see a few fun maps and a second Rapid Blaster Deco user.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose

'Twas fun, but, I really don't think Future can pull this one. This was a quick one, only took me a few hours altogether. I lost one, yes, ONE game, throughout my entire Splatfest adventure. I think there were about 5 maybe 6 games that weren't 1X/0-1. Easily one of my most enjoyable Splatfests, mainly because I wasn't constantly getting upset with my teams. I had some great teams throughout this Splatfest and SOOOOO many games where we were given the chance to spawn camp. I really don't think Future is taking this one, sorry.

Also, Praise be to Hydra Splatling!

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
Well good to see Past is doing since I pick it but I don't truly feel like playing lol. I might get play a bit but meh.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm really not suited to the Hydra Splatling, I guess. Switched back to melee with the Octobrush. Still feel like I do best in Turf Wars, even Splatfest Turfing, with my trusty old plain Inkbrush.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I'm really not suited to the Hydra Splatling, I guess. Switched back to melee with the Octobrush. Still feel like I do best in Turf Wars, even Splatfest Turfing, with my trusty old plain Inkbrush.
Lol, trust me, it's not the most appealing weapon at first. You really gotta invest some time and effort into it.
There's a reason you don't see it very often, competitively or even in solo queue. :oops:

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Oh I made my post when it was really late and I was super tired. forgot to mention, I had 1 match where it was team past vs team past. It only happened once though and I think it was because there might have been fewer team future teams playing/all were already in a match or something. The popularity feels too close for team past to be more popular but who knows.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
I'm not doing so well this fest, but that's probably because i've been using the splatterscope rather than my usual dual squelcher. One of the games I played was 3v4, but we still managed to win, pushed them to their spawn even. I'm already a Past Queen, but i'll keep playing for fun.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
Team Past winning this for sure. On the start, nothing but bad Future players and plenty of Past players grinding on my team. Apparently my friend is dead wrong on this one.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
It was around 2:23 am today when I finally got to King status, only had around ~5-6 losses total I think.

Also, on my to King status I decided to reroll my Goggles in hopes to get more run speed on them but got this instead. ;)

Last edited:

97Stephen

Pro Squid
This has got to be my best Splatfest ever. I only lost three battles my whole time, and 80% of the ones that we won were spawncamps. I had one great team that lasted a long time. We would com'on and booyah at the start of every battle. I never lost a game with them. Team future seemed to get harder after one o'clock though, maybe all the noobs were out early.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Oh I made my post when it was really late and I was super tired. forgot to mention, I had 1 match where it was team past vs team past. It only happened once though and I think it was because there might have been fewer team future teams playing/all were already in a match or something. The popularity feels too close for team past to be more popular but who knows.
It must have been either a matchmaking error or more past on at the time, as it seems future vs future matches are somewhat common. Last splatfest (Naughty vs Nice) I faced my own team exactly once despite them being more popular.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
So I switched from the splatterscope to my usual dual squelcher... and we only lost two matches, one of which was because a member got dc'd...

Yeah, i'm willing to bet Team Past is going to win, i'll be shocked if not.

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
Judging by what people have been saying here and the handful of Future vs. Future matches I played during this Splatfest, it looks like Team Future is the more popular side this time. I guess that means Team Past has pretty good chances of winning given the way things have been going.

I felt better about my performance in this Splatfest than I did in the last two. I think I won more than I lost and when I used a weapon I actually have experience using (splattershot jr.), I tended to do alright. Honestly though, a lot of it seemed to just come down to matchmaking luck. When our team was overleveled we usually won, often by decent margins. When our team was underleveled, especially when the other team had more than one lvl 50, we usually lost. I'm not sure what to take away from that...

Shoutouts to Captain F, Miles, and James on Team Future! We stomped a bunch of groups that should have easily beaten us on paper and got a pretty sick win streak. I wish the rest of my games had gone as smoothly as ours, or that I had at least realized by the time I finished you'd be out of my recently played with list. :(
I didn't really think about people being taken off my recently played with list and ended up having a sort of similar problem. I wish there was a way to favorite people in-game right after a match so you wouldn't have to worry about that.

SpaceCanary

Full Squid
NNID
SpaceCanary
I think what this Splatfest is trying to tell us is:
. . . it has all happened before. . .
. . . and it will all happen again.

Meaning more Splatfest blowouts.
Sigh.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
All right, reached Future Queen. Not nearly as much a struggle as with Team Nice, but it was still a struggle. Definitely, the pattern I'm seeing is that there are good Future quartets and bad Future quartets, though more bad ones than good ones. But the ones who are good are really good.

I'm seeing the inkers who are afraid of enemies and enemy ink on my side though. Earlier today, I had one person who stood at the spawn point in Hammerhead Bridge and would not leave until about a minute in, and then they never went beyond a few steps into the grating. Looks like the weapons of choice for these guys this time around, rather than the Aerospray RGs and Splattershot Jr's, I'm seeing them use Carbon Rollers and Splat Rollers instead.

GlitchDeity

Inkling
NNID
DekuMask
I was having really bad luck with match ups, everybody on team future that I got matched against did horrible. Like, every game was just my team sitting at the enemy spawn splatting them. Very boring games and that really sucks.

Also, can they please just change the wins X6 thing? it's not even interesting anymore, we all just know the least picked team will win. :c

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom