• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octo Expansion/Future DLC Discussion Thread

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Still not sure if I like the backpack/ink tank design, though I do kinda like how the bottom can hold her tablet or whatever on the bottom.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Splatoon's Twitter Has released footage for one of the challenges of the octo expansion. Some of you probably want to be surprised by the type of challenges you'll get, so i'll put the details in a spoiler tab.
Title says #1 so they'll likely release more as time goes on. The challenge seems to be a simple "splat all the enemies" with the gimmick of them being on a merry-go-round that you can control. There's also a time limit, so you'll have to beat it as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Last edited:

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Splatoon's Twitter Has released footage for one of the challenges of the octo expansion. Some of you probably want to be surprised by the type of challenges you'll get, so i'll put the details in a spoiler tab.
Title says #1 so they'll likely release more as time goes on. The challenge seems to be a simple "splat all the enemies" with the gimmick of them being on a merry-go-round that you can control. There's also a time limit, so you'll have to beat it as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Interesting, now i just wanna play it even more!

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
But i don’t like time challanges. D:

Anyway, this is probably said lready but i really hope the DLC expands on splatoons lore.
Especially the lore on the salmonids and possible more information on grizz.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
But i don’t like time challanges. D:

Anyway, this is probably said lready but i really hope the DLC expands on splatoons lore.
Especially the lore on the salmonids and possible more information on grizz.
considering we're getting 80+ levels, i'm sure not all of them will be timed.

ZeppyWolf

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1358-2245-5708
Im super excited for this dlc! I hope (probably wont happen) once you complete the dlc and you get to play as the octoling, you can play the singleplayer levels as the octolings and you get messages from dj octavio instead of marie! Just a thought though.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224

New footage of the infinite Inkjet challenge.

Looks like these level will really test our knowhow of these specials. This challenge pretty much being all about the boost jump from the Inkjet. Also it definitely looks like the level is a pretty good length given the means of mobility.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Still no official date? :(

Not sure how I feel about the Inkjet challenge(s). When the buffed its mobility in the pre-3.0 patch it became harder to shoot down... with a Sting Ray (don't judge my hobbies!), now these challenges and the damage nerf will make it even harder.

There better be a Sting Ray shooting challenge to compensate! :p

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Can't wait for the coming "meme cake" apocalypse. But that in-game text... not sure if that's early translation or bad poetry. woof¡ @_@

edit: and the beats of eight does not help. xD

Last edited:

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
The thing I'm happiest about is the presence of a checkpoint in that Inkjet level demo. This suggests that the new levels are at least as long as a short Octo Canyon level.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Can't wait for the coming "meme cake" apocalypse. But that in-game text... not sure if that's early translation or bad poetry. woof¡ @_@

edit: and the beats of eight does not help. xD
The poetry isn't that bad
Is it our fate to spray this hate?
Rhyme and meter shant make you sad...

^Okay, now that's some bad poetry

Last edited:

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Not sure how I feel about the stage music for Octo Expansion. Not that it is bad, it's just they feel a lot more standard.

They sound like music that could fit in other games, they lack that super distinctive feel.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Not sure how I feel about the stage music for Octo Expansion. Not that it is bad, it's just they feel a lot more standard.

They sound like music that could fit in other games, they lack that super distinctive feel.
I agree. You can hear a little bit of the Octo Canyon music in there, but barely, and the Drum & Bass styling feels quite generic. Wish it sounded more like the Off The Hook track in the trailer. I liked the sound of that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom