• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octo Expansion/Future DLC Discussion Thread

Kidnacho

Senior Squid
NNID
Kidnacho
Switch Friend Code
SW-3767-4369-9288
I also like the idea of having multiple weapons to clear these challenges with. Each with a higher cost and assumingly higher reward. I like to have a little challenge every now and then and this could help improve my skills with weapons I don't typically use. Such as chargers or blasters. Maybe this could get me back into the Roller scene.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
I hope every weapon in the game, at least every unique weapon (i.e. not the Deco, Firefin in variants) gets a level. Having players use every weapon will force them to broaden their horizons. Maybe more players will try new weps and finally join the Heavy Splatling cool kids club.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I think the specials are going to be infinte. But it makes you think, howwouldthr baller infinite work? Could you just not be able to blow up? Also how would you get splatter from the Octolings? Also I probably wouldn't enjoy infinite sting ray. One other thing, would the specials be updated? Like the Sting ray buff that came quite a few patches ago, would it be the current sting ray or the Sting Ray we saw in 1.0?

Reactions: the

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I hope every weapon in the game, at least every unique weapon (i.e. not the Deco, Firefin in variants) gets a level. Having players use every weapon will force them to broaden their horizons. Maybe more players will try new weps and finally join the Heavy Splatling cool kids club.
Heavy Splatling is great. But also know that the broadening the horizons part is what Salmon Run is for. But I guess they could do that here too. I am interested to see how this Single Player starts up, and how you exit and stuff. Also looking forward to the changes to the customization at the beginning.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I think the specials are going to be infinte. But it makes you think, howwouldthr baller infinite work? Could you just not be able to blow up? Also how would you get splatter from the Octolings? Also I probably wouldn't enjoy infinite sting ray. One other thing, would the specials be updated? Like the Sting ray buff that came quite a few patches ago, would it be the current sting ray or the Sting Ray we saw in 1.0?
It's not even "think", they just are. In a recent Switch trailer which showed short clips of Octo Expansion, one of the Special only stages can be seen and the UI clearly indicates an infinity symbol next to the special.

As for Baller, what I'm expecting is, you can't explode, or explode results in an instant loss/splat, same would probably go if the Baller were to break at any point. Because more likely than not, the level which has infinite Baller is an obstacle course designed around the Baller's mobility and not any combative property.

And I don't really see an infinite Sting Ray being a thing, unless the particular stage will act more like a stationary turret shooter level.

And yah, the Specials will probably always be their most up to date version, if Octo Canyon is any indication.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
It's not even "think", they just are. In a recent Switch trailer which showed short clips of Octo Expansion, one of the Special only stages can be seen and the UI clearly indicates an infinity symbol next to the special.

As for Baller, what I'm expecting is, you can't explode, or explode results in an instant loss/splat, same would probably go if the Baller were to break at any point. Because more likely than not, the level which has infinite Baller is an obstacle course designed around the Baller's mobility and not any combative property.

And I don't really see an infinite Sting Ray being a thing, unless the particular stage will act more like a stationary turret shooter level.

And yah, the Specials will probably always be their most up to date version, if Octo Canyon is any indication.
But OctoCanyon doesn't have updated specials, like Salmon Run. Maybe they are using the specials during the time they syltarted developing the DLC, but I doubt it. If Octo Valley is any sign it would probably be the 1.0 specials

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
But OctoCanyon doesn't have updated specials, like Salmon Run. Maybe they are using the specials during the time they syltarted developing the DLC, but I doubt it. If Octo Valley is any sign it would probably be the 1.0 specials
Oh yah, you're right. Didn't notice.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Heavy Splatling is great. But also know that the broadening the horizons part is what Salmon Run is for. But I guess they could do that here too. I am interested to see how this Single Player starts up, and how you exit and stuff. Also looking forward to the changes to the customization at the beginning.
Judging by your icon, I think you might, maybe, just maybe, be a splatling fan. Also, I do agree with Salmon, but it isn't always open for play and, well, let's just say some of the weapons aren't really built for it. If I only used the Tenta Brella in Salmon Run, I don't think I'd be a fan of that weapon.
As for how the mode's set up...hm. I know we'll enter via the tunnel on Spike's side of the hub. I'm sure some big neon sign will be added that basically has a giant arrow on the subway, saying 'HEY. OCTOPI ARE IN HERE". No clue on how we'll switch between Agent 4 and 8 though. Will Agent 8 only be playable in the Subway? Will Agent 4 be able to enter the subway? I haven't the slightest clue.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Judging by your icon, I think you might, maybe, just maybe, be a splatling fan. Also, I do agree with Salmon, but it isn't always open for play and, well, let's just say some of the weapons aren't really built for it. If I only used the Tenta Brella in Salmon Run, I don't think I'd be a fan of that weapon.
As for how the mode's set up...hm. I know we'll enter via the tunnel on Spike's side of the hub. I'm sure some big neon sign will be added that basically has a giant arrow on the subway, saying 'HEY. OCTOPI ARE IN HERE". No clue on how we'll switch between Agent 4 and 8 though. Will Agent 8 only be playable in the Subway? Will Agent 4 be able to enter the subway? I haven't the slightest clue.
Well yes I main the Mini but enjoy playing the Heavy. Don't care to much for the Hydra but it can be fun. But as for the location, I think it will also be that Subway area near Spyke too. But looking around the Square it makes me realize that there is a ton of unfinished stuff around. Possible hint of more DLC to come soon?

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
The area near sypke seems likely. It is right across from Marie. And that's the inly other single player thing. So, if they put it near sypke, you'd have the two different single player campaigns on both sides of the lobby.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
The area near sypke seems likely. It is right across from Marie. And that's the inly other single player thing. So, if they put it near sypke, you'd have the two different single player campaigns on both sides of the lobby.
Yeah I could see that. It still holds the question of, will you just become Agent 8 when you Enter? Or what? It seems kind of weird in my opinion, being two different characters.

the

Inkling Commander
Yeah I could see that. It still holds the question of, will you just become Agent 8 when you Enter? Or what? It seems kind of weird in my opinion, being two different characters.
Perhaps you’ll meet capn cuttlefish in or near the subway, and he’ll “tell” the story in the form of a flashback

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Deep sea inhabitants. Gamexplain's got this covered.

Octoboy07

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4646-5491-1608
octoling fan theory: have you ever noticed the goggles octolings wear? (if not look at my profile picture) i believe that all octolings are good, but are being mind controlled by their goggles. This probably explains why marina is in off the hook, and not trying to destroy us with the (probably) mind controlled octarian army.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
i believe that all octolings are good, but are being mind controlled by their goggles.
This is the strongest theory going about the lore we're given currently. The spoiler free version being that S2's sunken scrolls hinting that octoling's are also being turned to inkling culture via certain performances.

Perhaps you’ll meet capn cuttlefish in or near the subway, and he’ll “tell” the story in the form of a flashback
What if Agent 4 is the one on the other end of the phone, and you're trying to guide Agent 8 from the surface?

the

Inkling Commander
octoling fan theory: have you ever noticed the goggles octolings wear? (if not look at my profile picture) i believe that all octolings are good, but are being mind controlled by their goggles. This probably explains why marina is in off the hook, and not trying to destroy us with the (probably) mind controlled octarian army.
This makes a lot of sense now that i think about it. I mean callie’s brainwashed with shades, so they seem to have the technology...

Phichikapparho

Full Squid
NNID
Phichi
Is it likely that we will have to have the main campaign done before being able to start on the upcoming octoling expansion campaign?

If so I gotta get on that, only about 50% done.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Is it likely that we will have to have the main campaign done before being able to start on the upcoming octoling expansion campaign?

If so I gotta get on that, only about 50% done.
So people found out, but I forgot what the theory was XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom