• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octo Expansion/Future DLC Discussion Thread

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
Something I've been wondering related to this Octo expansion is if the enemy Octolings now have access to all of the weapon classes in the arsenal. As it stands now, they can use shooters, rollers, blasters and sloshers. If they can use weapons like Chargers, Brellas, ect., I think it would make for an extremely challenging new story mode in my opinion. I noticed one using a special in the trailer, so that's what got me thinking about this.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Something I've been wondering related to this Octo expansion is if the enemy Octolings now have access to all of the weapon classes in the arsenal. As it stands now, they can use shooters, rollers, blasters and sloshers. If they can use weapons like Chargers, Brellas, ect., I think it would make for an extremely challenging new story mode in my opinion. I noticed one using a special in the trailer, so that's what got me thinking about this.
They can, there's a screenshot somewhere of 8 7 Octolings lined up, each with a different Hero weapon. Only one missing is the one with a normal Shooter, but that one is a given are the Charger and Splatling.

Last edited:

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
That makes me wonder where they got a hold of all this tech. I wonder if those are the hero weapons or the replica versions. Either way, I think someone is supplying or selling them those weapons. My guess would be Mr. Grizz. He's shady, has access to weapons since he loans them out to his employees for Salmon Run, and seems like the kind of character who would probably cut a deal with DJ Octavio or whoever to make a quick buck.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Well the Grizzco manual does mention trade and tech sharing between the Octarians and Salmonoids, but I don't see why the Octarians couldn't just make their own weapons as well. Octobrush says hello. And then you have the Octoshot (replica) from the first game which is either made after, before, or the same time as the Splattershot as they're both the same weapon.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I feel like Charger AI would either be extremely weak or OP...because to kill you need good accuracy, and well, that isn't exactly the point of what they are trying to do here

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I feel like Charger AI would either be extremely weak or OP...because to kill you need good accuracy, and well, that isn't exactly the point of what they are trying to do here
With Chargers and Splatlings being weapons which for the most part, play a sedimentary role, I guess it just doesn't make sense to give Octolings the weapon, since their purpose is to be more aggressive and upfront in combat. If they want something to play a Charger or Splatling role, they technically already have Octosnipers and Octocommanders to do the job.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
With Chargers and Splatlings being weapons which for the most part, play a sedimentary role, I guess it just doesn't make sense to give Octolings the weapon, since their purpose is to be more aggressive and upfront in combat. If they want something to play a Charger or Splatling role, they technically already have Octosnipers and Octocommanders to do the job.
Yeah but those guys are stationary...and they don't appear in the Octoling only levels...but good point

Reactions: the

the

Inkling Commander
Yeah but those guys are stationary...and they don't appear in the Octoling only levels...but good point
The moray towers octoling stage in story mode has octosnipers iirc! So it’s not impossible...

I do hope they have octoling stages that take place in multiplayer maps again, but now that I think of it idk if they will.... because it seems like the whole story is in the outskirts of inkopolis, and everything is directly connected to the subway...

Maybe we’ll get a subway map added to the game for multiplayer after this DLC drops? :p

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
Like the other poster said, I think because the Octosnipers and Octocommanders are stationary, they're too easy to outflank. With chargers and splatling guns, I think Octolings are better equipped to defend their turf. I also personally want more of a challenge in single player. And I think it was already headed this way when the Octolings started wielding more weapon classes in the normal campaign mode. And since they're going to be playable anyway, I think that's all the more reason to let them start using these weapons.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
As much as I want the expansion, I am still creeped out by Marina showing half her butt and how low the Octoling's pants were in the trailer. I hope the devs don't decide to head the franchise into a gross fanservicey direction.

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I hear you. That's the kind of thing that turned me off from Fire Emblem. I like that up until now that Nintendo has been the most family friendly of the big three and I hope it stays that way.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
The moray towers octoling stage in story mode has octosnipers iirc! So it’s not impossible...

I do hope they have octoling stages that take place in multiplayer maps again, but now that I think of it idk if they will.... because it seems like the whole story is in the outskirts of inkopolis, and everything is directly connected to the subway...

Maybe we’ll get a subway map added to the game for multiplayer after this DLC drops? :p
Well a lot of the maps aren't in Inkopolis...but I see what you mean....

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Well a lot of the maps aren't in Inkopolis...but I see what you mean....
If I remeber correctly there was a map data mined months ago that were called line and tunnel one of these could potentially be a subway map that you are refering to....

But again this is just a guess based off some old info

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
If I remeber correctly there was a map data mined months ago that were called line and tunnel one of these could potentially be a subway map that you are refering to....

But again this is just a guess based off some old info
I think that turned into Canal...but correct me if I am wrong

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
apologies in advanced for the double post

His name is "Mr. Gusoku."
He looks a little scary, but he is in fact a friendly gentleman.
He seems to be attentive to a certain thing that you can get at the underground experimental facility.

This is "Neri Memory." (couldn't find anything when looking up 'Neri' and 'Neri memory', so it's likely a made up word, but who knows)
You can get it by clearing the challenges at the laboratory.
It seems that a piece of lost memory of No. 8 was made up and knocked up. (weird text, but messing around with it mentions that they're made up of fragments of your lost memories and also something about made up memories. It's a bit weird).
If you collect and show it to Mr. Gusok, you will be pleased

So from what i'm getting at, these neri memories are part of your memory, but pretty much all of these collectibles make it seem like your memory is of agent 4 (the splatoon 2 protagonist or more specifically you.)

T H E P L O T T H I C K E N S

the

Inkling Commander
apologies in advanced for the double post

His name is "Mr. Gusoku."
He looks a little scary, but he is in fact a friendly gentleman.
He seems to be attentive to a certain thing that you can get at the underground experimental facility.

This is "Neri Memory." (couldn't find anything when looking up 'Neri' and 'Neri memory', so it's likely a made up word, but who knows)
You can get it by clearing the challenges at the laboratory.
It seems that a piece of lost memory of No. 8 was made up and knocked up. (weird text, but messing around with it mentions that they're made up of fragments of your lost memories and also something about made up memories. It's a bit weird).
If you collect and show it to Mr. Gusok, you will be pleased

So from what i'm getting at, these neri memories are part of your memory, but pretty much all of these collectibles make it seem like your memory is of agent 4 (the splatoon 2 protagonist or more specifically you.)

T H E P L O T T H I C K E N S
So I guess they might be like the sunken scrolls in a way? But instead of straight up lore it’s memories?

Also I LOVE that they’re novelty erasers lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom