• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octo Expansion/Future DLC Discussion Thread

Cephalobro

Which gear rewards do you think it will have after the DLC story? I personally think the replicas of the weapons used by enemy Octolings (or at least the Octoshot Replica) and both sets of the Splatoon 2 Octoling Armor.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
The Octoling armor almost certainly, some of the models have been in the game from day 1. The Octoshot is a good bet as well. I'd really like to see all the other weapons as well (it'd be great if each one was the weapon's alternate kit). But I'm not holding my breath, but it would be a good idea--with 80 levels, it would make sense to give us a new weapon after completing a few.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If and when we get more octo based gear and weapons I would like to see some new abilities and specials coming along with`em.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224

Newest type of challenge. Fighting on a battlefield of crates.

Also we finally hear Octoling Girl's voice, and honestly, she's a lot higher pitch than I expected, even from the datamined clips posted earlier.

Also, I find it super interesting that the death animations for the Sanitized Octarians look really glitched and digitized.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108

Newest type of challenge. Fighting on a battlefield of crates.

Also we finally hear Octoling Girl's voice, and honestly, she's a lot higher pitch than I expected, even from the datamined clips posted earlier.

Also, I find it super interesting that the death animations for the Sanitized Octarians look really glitched and digitized.
This keeps looking better and better!

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Hm... "sanitized"... or simulated?

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224

New type of challenge, Rainmaker challenges. So, taking the Rainmaker on your side of the map to the other side while Octolings oppose you.

But the part that is cool is this is our first time see a Dualies Octoling and instead of all of them just having Splat Bombs like in Octo Canyon, they appear to have faithful sets, not only just subs but specials too. We can see the Ocoling using Burst Bombs and Tenta Missiles.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

This stage looks like Manta Maria, which is good since I wanted to see more multiplayer stages added to single-player.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108

New type of challenge, Rainmaker challenges. So, taking the Rainmaker on your side of the map to the other side while Octolings oppose you.

But the part that is cool is this is our first time see a Dualies Octoling and instead of all of them just having Splat Bombs like in Octo Canyon, they appear to have faithful sets, not only just subs but specials too. We can see the Ocoling using Burst Bombs and Tenta Missiles.
YESSSSSS I LOVE THE RAINMAKER!!! Really cool how the Octolings use Tenta Missles like a real player would (swimming while targeting).

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
"She is DedF1sh. An up and coming DJ with a bright future, who in her pursuit for the ideal music, stepped into the experimental underground facility and was 'disinfected'. Although she's lost her will, she continues to make beats and her mixes flow within the underground."

Attached to the tweet a video of 3 theme's that'll be heard in the DLC. I really dig the first one.

Last edited:

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Damn Boi.

Why were they hiding those first two themes from the trailers. I redact my earlier statement about Octo Expansion's music. Those two and songs and the one in the freezing platform trailer have changed my mind.

These new tracks are lit.

Last edited:

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid

These clips continue to show how different this is from the first single player campaign, and how much harder as well. This one looks really tricky.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Can i just say that design wise i really like the Octo boy over octo girl?
He looks so cute ~
Me too, but it is just because Nintendo decided to make the Octo girl "sexy" for no reason whatsoever. I don't dig that.

Reactions: the

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Me too, but it is just because Nintendo decided to make the Octo girl "sexy" for no reason whatsoever. I don't dig that.
Can't believe Nintendo did that.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108

These clips continue to show how different this is from the first single player campaign, and how much harder as well. This one looks really tricky.
Is that... FLOATING BUBBLE GUM?!?!?!?!?!?

Cephalobro

Nice try Nintendo, but I will play as the male Octoling no matter how much you try to persuade me otherwise.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Really? I think the Inkling Girl is much sexier. The Octoling Girl is more action-hero type sexy, the Inkling is more straight up Lolita.

As for why? It's a Japanese company. Their threshold for what's inappropriately sexy is very different from ours. Consider Zelda's lingerie-wearing Great Fairies, for instance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom