• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octo Lab Block - Crimson Squid (IC Thread)

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
"... Oh, spare parts" Ride mumbled as he looked around the room at the parts. He looked back at the mech, "Could I repair this? Or will I end up blowing this place sky high." Either way it seemed like a plan to him. He starting scavenging around the room searching for anything that would server remotely useful.

Ride didn't know much about repairing mechs, but he was sure it wasn't that different. Oh boy, how he was wrong. He had no idea what he was doing, where anything went. Fortunately, he found what seemed to be a blueprint for the mech, hopefully making this whole ordeal much easier for him. Then, like all good things, there is a downside, it was in Octarian. Like he actually paid attention in school, hehe, funny.

Attempt to fix the massive mech thingymajig. (I know "fix" isn't an action, otherwise I would've had no idea what to put there.)

Active Weapons:
Slot 1: Sticky Notes
Slot 2: Box of Gumdrops
Slot 3:
Slot 4:

Last edited:

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Oh no, oh gosh no. Ugh, whatamIgonnado, whatamIgonnado???" muttered Parzival. Parzival realized that the Octoling looked as scared as he did. Parzival decided he would say hi or something, to see what would happen. I mean, he still had 1 suction bomb left, right?

Talk with the Octoling

BlueDogXL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CarawiiU
Alex did what any good agent would do-- squid away. But he looked at it again and saw the curiousness. "H-hello..." He managed. He had many questions, some that weren't even related to the situation, but the "Hi" was all he could manage.
Talk with: Possible Octotrooper
Do not eat more cookies. You don't have any, anyway.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Pieri ducked down as soon as she heard the door open. "Ssssh, OOPA. Quiet," she whispered. "Silent mode...pleeease."

She hoped the inktank would be like the ones she saw in Turf wars that disappeared as players transformed.
She morphed herself into a squid and flopped under shelf, hoping to hid from the people who entered. That Ink gun caught her eye though. She'd seen enough turf wars, she could figure out how to work and... it was better in her hands then the octolings.

Pieri started inching her way towards the gun, all while trying to stay hidden and listen in on the conversation.

Hide from the voices
Go to Ink Pistol

Active Weapon:
Slot 1: Sticky Notes + Sticky Note Map
Slot 2: Pencil
Slot 3: Bag of Gumdrops
Slot 4:
Slot 5:

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
((Well time for your rolls! This gets me giddy.))

@ThatSquidYouKnow ((VeryButter and you count as one, and that one is... NEGATIVE I would also like to tell you to read VeryButter's too.))
"Uh... H-hello! Who are you?" Parzival called out towards the Octoling, hoping she would answer. To his surprise, she did. "H-hello? W-Whoever's there, show yourself!" The Octoling called out, however Parzival was overcome with nervousness. An Octoling, And there was an Octoshot in the room. Not a good combination, he thought. Parzival was caught for words, he didn't know how to talk to this person. "Um... H-how about we team up... you and me? W-we're not in a good spot r-right now." He stammered, nervous. At least until the following door bursted open in a gout of flame. A tall, metallic form emerged through it. It's gleaming eye scanning the room. "Where is the Jordas mech?" It demanded, its left arm raised. A deep whir emerging from it, rising in pitch as it looked at the two.

Well what will you do now, Parzival?

@Right Whale ((Did the stars align? Seems like it, lucky squid.))
Ride found what looked like a couple dynamo power cores, a couple scrap sheets of metal, several roller joints, and went to work on the thing. He first started on the back, which had a open panel to the power core. Unsure of what to do, Ride fits the dynamo cores inside and flips a switch. Bracing for impact, he shields his face. "Not the face!" To his surprise, it didn't blow him sky high. Instead it started rumbling, and he smiles. Ride gets to work on the mech, replacing broken or damaged plating on it. Taking a look on its wrist again, it now stated. "Activating Jordas mech now, in T-minus 10 seconds."

It stands up before him, screeching metal and sparks flying. "Jordas mech online, scanning environment. Alert: Inkling detected," it readies its weapons, but they whir to a small whine. "Error: No Octarian repairman detected. Activating Semi-Sentience protocols... I have awoken," it looks at him, the fuchsia eye changed to a glorious sunburst orange. "Who are you? Where is creator Wayna?"

Big mech in front of you, what's to be done, Ride?

@Aykorn ((Nocturnal smiles on you, good.))
Thankfully the malfunctioning OOPA stays silent, it listens with Pieri. "Well Lamei, I haven't found anything. He shines a flashlight in Pieri's direction, she seizes up in fright. But he doesn't see her, nor hear her. The flashlight's glare is taken away from Pieri, taken onto one of the many vials in the room. "Whoaa... Lamei, check this out. It's some Melta Water!" He sounded gleeful to hear that, followed by a high-pitched squeal. Pieri rolls her eyes, and slowly, but surely makes her way to the Pistol. Mission success!

You got to the gun, now wield it Pieri!

@VeryButter ((Obviously as stated before,
NEGATIVE))
"Where is the Jordas mech!" The robot stands there for a minute, glaring at the two. Before letting loose a metallic roar, screeching at the two, firing at them with a caustic liquid. It drew a sword from a sheath at it's side, fuchsia Ink dripped from the blade. Lilith yelped when she saw it nearly hit her, the metal table beside her dissolving rapidly. She quickly crawled to the Octoshot.

Looks like you're in trouble, shootings probably good, right Lilith?

Grab the Octoshot, letting out a salvo on its eye, blinding it the damn thing.
Let your Octoling training kick in, toss a suction bomb at it's leg, blasting it off hopefully.
Fire your Splat-Pistol.
Toss a Suction Bomb
Ink shorts, and panic.
Run away, crying.

Strength in numbers right? Group up with the Octoling girl
Shoot the thing with the Pistol.
Toss a Suction Bomb
Ink pants and panic
Run away calling for Momma

@BlueDogXL ((You landed on a positive, good for you...))
It stared blankly at Alex, he took a closer look at the robot. It had a vaguely humanoid shape, except it's legs were shaped weirdly. It's head was not... shaped like a normal Octotroopers head. "H-hello? Who're you-erm... What are you would be better?" He asked it, it replied by pointing to a sheathed sword. "Take it..." It said, walking out the room. Alex was confused to this, a Octotrooper helping him? Come on...

Are you gonna refuse the gift, Alex?

@ReedRGale ((Looks like you got attacked...))
Urchin took a quick look at his pockets, all he had was a pendant and a couple of pennies. Giggling, he looked at his OOPA. "No, I do not have color changing capacities," it somehow sighed disappointed. "I don't even get why they picked you..." the last word came out in such disgust. Least until Urchin heard a clanking behind him, he looked back. "Is my prey coming already?" He thought, snickering. He would enjoy wringing the person's neck... Least until he saw his stalker. It looked like a dog, but... not quite. It had an oblong oval shaped head, marred by a gleaming eye and grinning teeth. It snarled at him, "Alert: Hostile Inkling detected. Terminating," it reared back in a howl. But it wasn't quite a howl, more like a screech, echoing throughout the halls.

Looks like it went and stirred up the hornet's nest.

Punch it
Kick it in the eye
Ink pants and panic
Run away, calling for Momma

Oh and guys, remember to put your inventory in a spoiler at the bottom of your posts. Help me out a lot.

Talk... (Talk with the person)
Attack with... (Attack with the intention of harming, or just hit a computer cuz it won't work.)
Examine... (Take a more in-depth look at an object or person.)
Use... (Use something, state on how you're using it. Lest it be unclear.)
Go to/Move to... (Go somewhere, name it. Move somewhere, name it. Else I won't know where.)
Hide at... (Hide somewhere, use it to evade detection.)
Look/Peek at (Just take a quick look at something, not in depth but it goes with hiding.)
Grab/Snatch... (Grab an item, compliments hiding in cover.)

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
"Oh boy!" I giggled, backing away. "Looks like I've got a bit of a doosey on my hands, huh?" The smile perpetually plastered on my face intensified as the delicious adrenaline started pumping through my veins~! >:3

"If, you're attacking me, let's see what kind of pain you suffer!" I chortled as I loosed a quick kick at what was probably its eye. Probably anyway. :p

After all, it's not anything eye've ever seen something like it, so looks like I'm taking a blind shot. Ahaha!

Kick it in its eye! Repeatedly if my leg isn't bitten off~!

Slot 1: Useless Locket
Slot 2: Copper Paperweight
Slot 3:
Slot 4:

Last edited:

BlueDogXL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CarawiiU
Alex shrugged. Why not? It's something. He took it and attached it to his waist.
Accept gift. Equip Inksword.
Active Weapon: Inksword
Slots 1-7: Empty

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wield the weapon? Pieri just wanted it out of their hands, possibly in hers. Now that it was in her hands she just... didn't want to use it.
She wasn't quite old enough to be an ink battler in Inkopolis so her aim was probably awful! Not like her older brother. Her useless, missing older brother. ...But considering where she was, she might be the missing one now.

Well....

So, Samuel and Lamei were the voices' names. She wished she could get a good view of what they looked like. And what was Melta water? She wondered what the two might be looking for, hoping it was lab materials ...Yeah right, they were probably looking for people like her.

Pieri grabbed((?) slid into??) the pistol, hoping to keep edging to the exit of the room in squid form, hopefully only needing to use the pistol at the last second, if at all. But just in case, she trained her eyes on the people, looking them over and seeing if there was anything around them she could shoot, if she needed a... distraction.

Examine voices/ around them.
Hide/ Keep hiding from the voices
Go to: room exit

Active Weapon:
Slot 4: Ink Pistol
Slot 5: -same-

Last edited:

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Wayna? Who's Wayna? Ride thought. Maybe I could trick it into thinking I'm Wayna? I need to know intelligent it is before I do anything. Ride ponders for a bit, how do you talk to a robot, If it's hostile? So many questions raced through his mind. Maybe he could offer it gumdrops? How would it eat them though? He settled on just making small talk. How hard could talking to a semi - sentient massive robot mech be? Right?

Talk to Mech

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
((hope this is good))

Lilith had to make a quick decision here. What could she do? The robot had that strange liquid gun and an ink-blade... with the Octoshot, she would have both a range advantage and disadvantage...

She stared at it's one, gleaming eye. Maybe she could blind it? Right now, it seemed to be the only option. If anything, it would buy time to escape.

With a swift motion she grabbed the Octoshot from where it rested and aimed at the Bot, pulling the trigger and letting ink fly out and give the thing a blind-eye. And then, looking towards the one who had just entered the room...she yelled.

"We need to get out of here quickly! Which way?"
Grab the Octoshot and let out a salvo on it's eye, blinding the damn thing
Talk to the Inkling boy
Escape

Active Weapon: Octoshot
Slot 1: Suction Bomb
Slot 2: Suction Bomb
Slot 3: Weak Ink Pistol
Slot 4: Empty
Slot 5: Empty
Slot 6: Empty
((@ThatSquidYouKnow will post soon))

Last edited:

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
((sorry I'm late))
Parzival turned to look at the Octoling. He saw the Octoling looked somewhat frightened. "Do you have any idea-" Parzival yells before being interrupted by a scene that can only be described as amazing. The Octoling reached for the Octoshot from where it was sleeping, aimed it at the Bot's Optical Sensors, and just as the Bot was about to drop the sword stained with ink on the Octoling, it was blinded. Parzival heard a yell, "We need to get out of here quickly! Which way?" "I don't know, I'm just here! I don't know how I got here, or what in the name of Callie and Marie is going on, but I want to get the heck outta here! So, I suggest we grab our things and bust our way outta here by making the evil bot thingy smash its sword into the wall, getting us the heck outta here! But then again. I'm here for a reason."

Talk to Lilith

Rustic

Inkling Commander
((Time to expose the new rules and rolls!))

Combat posts will be responded immediately by me, the GM.

@VeryButter and @ThatSquidYouKnow ((You rolled a Negative... Overturn roll will be in effect next post))
Lilith's Ink splashed against the ocular sensors of the robot, where it slid off uselessly. "Ink is pathetic," it said, pointing it's wrist-mounted gun at the two. Before firing a caustic liquid, it missed, but the table it hit melted into a metal heap. "That ain't no Ink!" Parzival shouted fearfully, Lilith and Parzival started to back off, scared of the tall, sword-wielding, caustic goliath. It continued firing at them, most of the shots were aimed at Lilith. The strange liquid splashing off the wall onto them, burning its way onto their skin.

Least until it dashed forward with the same surprising speed of before and slashed at them, the massive sword cleaving into the wall. It struggled to release the sword from the wall, instead breaking off the sword's blade and lunging viciously at them, letting loose a roar.

The thing is pretty mad. What's to be done, you two?

Retreat the room, perhaps it won't follow
Issue a tactical withdrawal, bringing the Inkling boy with you
Shoot the robot
Breakdown and cry
Run away, dropping your weapon.

Run away from room, better to live another day right?
Shoot it
Cry for Pause
Run away, dropping your weapon

@Right Whale ((Due to you just talking, it remains neutral))
Ride shuffled uncomfortably on the spot, looking at the mechanical sentinel. It's eye, cold and calculating, stared back. He thought of some technical terms, Um... Jordas mech, answer query: Who is Creator Wayna? His voice came out, unsteady and wavering. "J-Jordas mech! Answer q-query: Who is Creator Wayna?"

The eye blanked out, before fading back into existence. "Creator Wayna is -obviously- my creator, she programmed me. Before I came to... this... place." It looked around the room, the eye blinking rapidly. "I do not understand my role here. But if you repaired me, then I am in your debt." It looked at him inquisitively, as if it was examining him, scanning him to see if he could be a threat. The cannons on it's arm whirred quietly, it's eye following his every movement.

It's still staring at you, but it sounds like you got a big robot on your side, Ride.

@Aykorn ((You got Negative))
Pieri was halfway through the room, when she accidentally knocked over a stool. It clattered and instantly the two voices stopped, immediately she heard them walking towards her. Carp, carp! Pieri thought as she panicked, looking a place to hide. She felt two pairs of eyes digging into her as she panicked and tried to squid away, it didn't do much.

"Hey! You squid-girl, stop!" The boy known as 'Samuel' began, pointing a flashlight at her. "Don't move, if you do I'll-"

"We don't have any guns, dingus." Lamei said, slapping him on the head. She walked briskly. "Who're you, Inkling?" Lamei asked Pieri.

Well least you're not getting shot, right Pieri?

@BlueDogXL ((You didn't even leave the starting room))
The sword was heavy, just it hanging on his waist slowed Alex down significantly. Alex hefted his belt, looking around the room for anymore suspiciously helpful robots. None were there, but the curiosity left behind by that last bot burned in him. He peeked out the door, he heard a quiet hissing as he looked around the corridor, it was as if the Robot disappeared.
Looking around the hallway, Alex spots a long hallway where a boy was getting attacked by a mechanical... dog-thing? Whatever it was it surprisingly was losing the fight against the unarmed kid, it howled in frustration as it got kicked repeatedly.
"Okay..." Alex looked in the other direction, that must have been where the Robot went down. It sounded like a machine-yard down there, lots of deep footsteps clattering against metal.

Curiosity strikes you, Alex.

@ReedRGale ((I'm not even gonna question it, but you got a Positive, sorry if it's short))
Urchin kicked the Robot with all his might, surprisingly it recoiled and howled in anger. It went and ran off, leaving him. "Yeah that's right! Run away you little puppy!" He chuckled, looking back into the hallway. He could see a kid looking around the place, Ooh! A new person to meet and greet! He thought gleefully, as he looked at the black garbed boy.

Continue down the path anyway?

Again as usual, respond before the Deadline. Which is November 15th Sunday on Midnight. Inventories MUST be included in your posts, else I'll be mad and confused.

Talk... (Talk with the person) - Will be responded to in GM post
Attack with... (Attack with the intention of harming, or just hit a computer cuz it won't work.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Examine... (Take a more in-depth look at an object or person.) - Will be responded to instantly
Use... (Use something, state on how you're using it. Lest it be unclear.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Go to/Move to... (Go somewhere, name it. Move somewhere, name it. Else I won't know where.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Hide at... (Hide somewhere, use it to evade detection.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Look/Peek at (Just take a quick look at something, not in depth but it goes with hiding.) - Will be responded to instantly
Grab/Snatch... (Grab an item, compliments hiding in cover.) - Will be responded to instantly
Fix... (Attempt to fix a computer, broken down robot, or weapon.) - Will be responded to instantly

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
My usual grin only grew as I made a few practiced kicks at the bot. Man, it felt good to kick the dog! >:0 Giggles escaped my throat as I felt the reverberation of inkflesh on steel. The pun helped too. ;>

Aww... it was whimpering. How cuuuute! Man, I could just... gobble it up! "Yeah, that's right, run away you little puppy!" :3 As it ran off, I contemplated chasing to enjoy a little more fun, when I saw a real sight for sore eyes!

An inkling. They bleed quite nicely in red.

"Heyo~!" I shouted at the boy, giddily. I looked him up and down. I wonder what kind of game we're playing here that let's us have such fancy tools~!

Examine: Sexy Bladed Tool; Potential Enemy/Prey/Pawn

Slot 1: Useless Locket
Slot 2: Copper Paperweight
Slot 3:
Slot 4:

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@ReedRGale ((Prepare for your examination))
The 'Sexy Bladed Tool' was pretty nice... Least it would be, if it were in his hands. It looked so nice, it looked sharp, choppy, and it looked durable! Much better than a flimsy kitchen knife! But the Inkling boy, he didn't deserve it. He was just some random boy, who didn't know what random knife that he just picked up could used for. But the boy... the boy looked clueless on where to go, he looked at Urchin, simply shrugged and looked the other way. He looks almost confused on where to go, maybe he needs guidance. Course you're a bloody sociopath but eh!

((Welp, I'm going to Arby's))

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
((Well, I'm pretty sure this thing is rigged. :p))

Well. I'm pretty much screwed. But I figure that if I flee to another room the robot thing won't be able to go through the doorway. But on the other hand, if I happen to stumble upon this 'Jordas Mech' thing, figuring it's a mech after all, and you get to hop into mechs and control them... You know, I'll just flee. It's what Pause would want me to do. Plus, ink doesn't even affect this thing so no use shooting it.
"Oi! Octoling! Let's get the heck outta here!"
((EDIT: I forgot to put actions and inventory))
Leave the room, to live another day.
1.Weak Ink Pistol
2. Suction Bomb
3. Suction Bomb

Last edited:

BlueDogXL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CarawiiU
Alex looked at the boy. He looked like he could handle himself, but something about the way he looked at him, combined with his red coloring, frightened him. He looked like he wants something... Probably my sword. I mean, he seems like a friggin psycho. But allies are allies.

Move toward: Psycho Inkling.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Ride felt a weight lifted off his shoulders, the robot was with him, hopefully. He thought getting out of this place would be much easier now he has a freakin' mech on his side. Ride walked to the exit of the room.

Walk to exit

Active Weapon:
Slot 1: Stickynotes
Slot 2: Box of gumdrops
Slot 3:
Slot 4:

((Sorry for it being so short, wasn't much to write about :p ))

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Pieri looked up at the two frozen with apprehension, but remaining silent.
They didn't have weapons apparently. Pieri cursed her clumsiness on the inside, but realized that this situation... could be worked with. They wouldn't hurt her; she was just a little girl. Maybe they would listen, maybe she could find things out. And of course, Pieri had that weapon if she needed extra security, but... she didn't want have to use it.

Pierrette morphed back, sitting upright on the floor. She glared wordlessly, seizing up the two. Who... who were they?

Examine Samuel and Lamei

Active Weapon:
Slot 4: Ink Pistol
Slot 5: -same-

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
That beautiful implement of ink-redible bodily desecration would be mine. In time. But there's no need to rush things~! Ehehe! Haste makes waste, after all, and who would want to waste an opportunity like this? >:]

The boy started to walk towards me, which is kinda funny, but mostly rude because he totally ignored my "Heya!" Jerk! :0

"Okay, so maybe 'heya' won't do it for you; that's cool! How about, 'howdy, how's your day?' or 'wow, wonderful day we're having here.'" I started to walk toward him with a lazy gait, grin calming, "'How about that weather?' man, there are so many ways to greet people!" :>

I pouted to complete the moment, "was that it? Did I just greet you wrong? Well... I'm sorry. Let's start again~! I'm Garrett!" Held out my hand hopefully for reconciliation.

Olive branches, yeah~! ; )

Talk With: Rude Inkling

Slot 1: Useless Locket (Possible Projectile, I Guess)
Slot 2: Copper Paperweights (Maybe I Can Choke Someone With Them)
Slot 3:
Slot 4:

BlueDogXL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CarawiiU
Alex totally forgot his Heya. The Psycho babbled a few greetings before he remembered. "Uh, Heya!"

Talk with: Psycho Inkling

Active weapon: Inksword
All slots: Empty

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom