• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octo Lab Block - Crimson Squid (IC Thread)

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Inkborne, you say...

Knowing that I can't be infected doesn't lessen the fact that I probably die here. Ride was staring intently at Wayna, hoping she would actually give him some GOOD news, such as, well, it doesn't matter. There wasn't much he was gonna get out of her now. He drew his attention to the room he was in, he hoped that he would find something useful in here, so when I have to fight, I wont have to throw gumdrops as my primary weapon.

Time pry some more information out of her, then get outta here. Ride took a quick glance at Jordas before turning to face the hologram.

Talk with Wayna
Examine Room

Active Weapon:
Slot 1: Pencil and sticky notes
Slot 2: Bag of gumdrops
Slot 3:
Slot 4:

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
((Okay, here goes!))

(@ThatSquidYouKnow and @VeryButter However, it is positive)
"And you're saying this on what basis?" Lilith hissed towards her OOPA, keeping her voice low, "He's in the same situation as me, so I'm giving him a chance."

"Plus..." Lilith's voice turned into a low growl, "I have more reason to trust him than you."

"Oh really? At least I'm not the one who's going to die at some point because of some enraged Reaver-bot, and I'm supposed to be helping you. But you're not giving this Tank a reason to even help you." The OOPA grumbled.

Lilith blinked. I'm arguing with a tank. This is stupid. "Uh, before we...get going, again," Lilith said, "My name is Lilith."

"Huh? Oh, my name is Parzival. Did I say that already? I feel like I said that already. But it might just be some other weird product of this place." He looked over at the Tank on his hip. "And you" said Parzival to the OOPA

"You need to learn when it's right to talk and when it's not." He scolded the Tank.

"Fine. Switching to vibrate mode." The OOPA said.

What are you gonna do now?

(@Right Whale Positive)
Ride looked back at the hologram, the one with the woman still playing finger guns and going "Pew! Pew!" around the place.
"Inkborne?" Ride pondered aloud. "So what you're saying is that if I get even a droplet of their Ink on me. I'll get infected and become one of them?"

"Yes. Their Ink is quite different from a healthy person's, differing with a sickly, disgusting look to it." Wayna nodded. "An infected patient's Ink is colored a sickly greenish-yellow, so they are quite visible and if you keep an eye out, you'll be fine!" Wayna smiled reassuringly.

"Okay, I suppose I'll take your word for it." Ride added. "I'm going to go now, I guess... thanks for answering my questions?" He shrugged awkwardly before walking away, before the hologram flickered away, the room regaining it's fluorescent light source again. "I suppose I'll look around the room." Ride walked around the room, looking for items before he came across a puddle of already fading Ink, a pile of armor lying in the midst of it. Ride looked back up, there was a door and a gun that was snapped in half in front of the puddle.

What will you do?

(@Aykorn Neutral)
Pieri took off running away. So long Octojerks! Running up the steps of the room she was ran onto a pedestal, the one her OOPA described for her. But it didn't say anything about a terminal, that seemed to stick out of the flat panels on the floor.

It had a single red button on it. The room itself was pretty empty, and designed in a circle. In fact there was a giant TV on the wall, nothing more than a blank dark slab on the wall.

That red button looks nice doesn't it?

(@ReedRGale and @BlueDogXL ...)
The duo is wondering what to do...

((That wraps it up.))
Deadline is December 14th on a Monday, and the GM post will be up December 15th, Tuesday.

Talk... (Talk with the person) - Will be responded to in GM post, only to NPCs. However, PCs will have to respond on their time to each other.
Hide at... (Hide somewhere, use it to evade detection.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Attack with... (Attack with the intention of harming, or just hit a computer cuz it won't work.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Use... (Use something, state on how you're using it. Lest it be unclear.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Go to/Move to... (Go somewhere, name it. Move somewhere, name it. Else I won't know where.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Throw... (Throw an object, it can a rock, a vial, a broken gun, etc. To grab something's attention, however it needs to be logical. No objects appearing out of thin air.) - Will be responded to in GM post

Look/Peek at (Just take a quick look at something, not in depth but it goes with hiding.) - Will be responded to instantly
Grab/Snatch... (Grab an item, compliments hiding in cover.) - Will be responded to instantly
Fix... (Attempt to fix a computer, broken down robot, or weapon.) - Will be responded to instantly
Examine... (Take a more in-depth look at an object or person.) - Will be responded to instantly
Shadow... (Follow someone close behind while hiding) - Will be responded to instantly
Approach... (Approach to interact with a Vendo-Tron 9000. Will be known soon...) - Will be responded to instantly

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
The coward was too chicken to check out the room, so I did a little bit of inspection. The cute, inky residue and the cool sounds from the vent merged together to make for a generally fun feeling! : D

So, I turned to my pacing, nervous companion and laughed. "Hahaha! This place gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside! ...that means we should probably leave."

The sheeple nodded vigorously. "Yes. Yes. YEEESSSSS."

Grinning at him, I took one last glance at the grate. Who knew what kind of spooky horror waited up there. The thought was enough to make my pinkies tingle with excitement!

Heading out the way we came, I took a look around. The only new way left to go was down toward my new
plaything's direction. He seemed nervous, so I figured that I should feign a little camaraderie. ; )

"Where to now, I wonder?" I wondered aloud. "This is a little exciting, if a bit spooky, huh?" I added a wink for extra effect. "What say you? I'm thinkin' of headin' down further the way you came from!"

Alex nodded. "That'd be great," he answered, absentmindedly. Then, as flippantly, he asked, "OOPA, just wondering, is there anything to eat around here that isn't poisoned or rotten? I'm starving."

Hmm. That was a good point. A source of nourishment would be crucial to win this game.

Hehe. Well, there's always
sheeple there, ready for the slaughter, if worst comes to worst. ; )

> Go To: The Direction my Dumb Companion Came From

Slot 1: Useless Locket (Weak bludgeoning tool?)
Slot 2: Copper Paperweights (Shove them up the eyelids.)
Slot 3:
Slot 4:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Pierrette slowed her running to a halt as she walked into the giant display room. A pedestal, a large monitor on the wall... a circular dead end. Her eyes took a moment to soak in as much of the room as possible, her shoulders sagging with every regained breath.

Was that it? Was that all?

She had heard what OOPA had said earlier, but... Pierrette was hoping that it had missed something. Another door, another hallway. Something. Not another weird test apparatus. Pieri bitterly clenched her small fists, angry at having run all this way for a short-lived burst of freedom. She was just caught like a crayfish in a trap in this one-way room.

Her panting slowed, Pieri starting to take deeper breaths with disbelief in her eyes.

Looking back the way she came, Pierrette realized there wasn't anything here and she had known that. She should have just returned the way she came if she wanted free of those octojerks! Instead, she had left herself open, if they so chose to notice and follow her.

Pieri put her hands on her head and let out an infuriated cry. This brought her no where closer to fixing OOPA or to getting out of these weird hallways!

"Why would you lead me here?!" she cried in a loud whisper. ""How is going into a dead end getting away from people!?"

Pieri yanked OOPA off her person, holding it up to growl at it. "Auugh, what is wrong with you?!"

Talk(?) to: OOPA

Active Weapon:
Slot 1: Sticky Notes + Sticky Note Map
Slot 2: Pencil
Slot 3: Bag of Gumdrops
Slot 4: Ink Pistol
Slot 5: -same-

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Ride took a long hard look at the armor, which was inconveniently placed inside a dodgy looking puddle of ink. Ride thought against it and decided to check out the gun instead, "Looks like someone, or something, died here. Actually, I doubt that."

Ride was being cautious to not step into this ink, not only did it give him an uneasy feeling, but just in case it came alive and ate him, you never know. He knew it was better to leave this room as quickly as possible once he had finished inspecting everything. He didn't want to stay in this room longer then he has to.

Examine broken weapon
Go To Door

Active Weapon:
Slot 1:
Slot 2:
Slot 3:
Slot 4:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(Examination for @Right Whale )

The gun wasn't snapped in half as it seemed to be at first glance. Instead it looked as though something slashed at it, and made a clean cut down the middle of it. The weapon, when Ride looked closer, had a lightweight design to it. It had a sight that was cracked so it wasn't as useful as it would've been. The Ink tank that was attached to it was broken and cracked in several other places, making it too damaged to use. Otherwise, the puddle seemed to finally fade away and evaporate. Whoever it was, they were gone for certain now.

BlueDogXL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CarawiiU
[SPOILER="Inventory"
Active Weapon: Inksword
Other Slots: Empty[/SPOILER]
Alex was too chicken to chicken to inspect the quartenine room-- he knew it meant quarantine-- so he stuck to pacing and pondering. He did look at the residue, but it's 2 gross 4 him.

Garret turned to him and laughed. "Hahaha! This place gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside! ...that means we should probably leave."

Alex nodded vigorously. "Yes.
Yes. YEEESSSSS."

Grinning at him, Garret took one last glance at the grate, as if wondering what it lead to. Alex didn't like the grossness of this place, or Garret's fascination with it.

Heading out the way we came, Garret took a look around.

"Where to now, I wonder?" he wondered aloud. "This is a little exciting, if a bit spooky, huh?" Garret winked. "What say you? I'm thinkin' of headin' down further the way you came from!"

Alex nodded. "That'd be great," he answered, absentmindedly. Then, curious but slightly annoyed, he asked, "OOPA, just wondering, is there anything to eat around here that isn't poisoned or rotten? I'm starving."

Alex really hoped OOPA responded with a yes.

> Go To: The Direction I Came From

Rustic

Inkling Commander
I'm back! From the Basilica of Torment known as school, for now I'll be binge GM posting on this, and it will not receive late posts anymore from me!

(( @ThatSquidYouKnow and @VeryButter - Positive -Sorry about the mixup xO ))
The two walked down the corridor, talking to each other and scolding their OOPAs for talking inappropriately or trying to sew mistrust between the two.

"Operator." Lilith's OOPA said, getting their attention. "Look!" They both looked down the hallway, it had a sign above that read to Lilith "Emergency Rooms" but to Parzival it read "...murci Rums" which he looked at weirdly. Mercy Rums? Like the drink?

The doors were plain white, the hallway had gurneys put beside the walls in an orderly fashion, and the whole hallway struck them as though someone was there, tending to it and making sure it was nice and in order. There were even boxes on the wall with a Red Cross on them, stating that they had medical supplies in them.

Behind them however. They heard a monstrous roar, but it didn't sound like the robot's. It sounded more... like a living creature's, and not the grinding screech of the robot's.

What will you guys do?

(( @Right Whale - Negative ))
Ride walked over to the gun, picking it up and looking at it. It had been cut cleanly in half, so whatever did that. It was very strong.

He placed it back onto the ground and side-stepped the already fading puddle, as it shrunk down to the armor suit in the middle of it. The armor suit still hasn't moved, but it had a missing left arm. Which was revealed by the evaporated puddle.

Ride had already reached the door, and activated it. It slid upward, the hallway didn't look right... at least not to Jordas. The hallway was covered in fleshy growths, which littered the walls and oozed a sickly green Ink. There were other suits of armor that resembled the one he had just passed. The weapons were gnawed and chewed on. The armor were torn apart, and rendered unusable.

But the hallway appeared to not have any movement... yet.

What will you do, Ride?

(( @Aykorn - You get yelled at. ))
"Oh! I'm sorry that you're so blind that you can't see the damned button on the pedestal! You stupid Inkling!" Pieri's OOPA said, insulting her for being ignorant of the pedestal's presence.

"Is it my fault, that you have been so blind to everything in this place? That you need a degrading Ink-tank to guide you through the lab? For an Inkling 'Savant', you are just like the rest of your kind. Blind and ignorant to the world around you." Its voice began to distort, before the roof opened up and a figure uncoiled from its perch above them.

It had a singular eye, and it viewed the quarreling duo curiously. The OOPA quieted when it approached, as if it had a soothing aura to the small Ink-tank

What will you do, Pieri?

(( @BlueDogXL and @ReedRGale - Negative ))
"The cafeterias are closed right now." Alex's OOPA said plainly.

But the two were already on their way to the hallway that Alex had came from. They had reached it, the sounds of a foundry rumbled ahead as they walked forward. The duo walked through a door, that muffled the deafening rumble of the machine foundry. Where an assembly line created weapons, thankfully for Urchin, they were behind a window.

But the weapons across from them were still being assembled, although a robotic arm and eye did take notice of them and glance at them, it returned to work on the conveyor belt.

Not quite the food you expected, but what will you two do?

Remember to insert your inventories everyone! Also the due date is the 26th, unless you all respond quickly. Then I'll do another GM post!

Talk... (Talk with the person) - Will be responded to in GM post, only to NPCs. However, PCs will have to respond on their time to each other.
Hide at... (Hide somewhere, use it to evade detection.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Attack with... (Attack with the intention of harming, or just hit a computer cuz it won't work.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Use... (Use something, state on how you're using it. Lest it be unclear.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Go to/Move to... (Go somewhere, name it. Move somewhere, name it. Else I won't know where.) - Will be responded to in GM post
Throw... (Throw an object, it can a rock, a vial, a broken gun, etc. To grab something's attention, however it needs to be logical. No objects appearing out of thin air.) - Will be responded to in GM post

Look/Peek at (Just take a quick look at something, not in depth but it goes with hiding.) - Will be responded to instantly
Grab/Snatch... (Grab an item, compliments hiding in cover.) - Will be responded to instantly
Fix... (Attempt to fix a computer, broken down robot, or weapon.) - Will be responded to instantly
Examine... (Take a more in-depth look at an object or person.) - Will be responded to instantly
Shadow... (Follow someone close behind while hiding) - Will be responded to instantly
Approach... (Approach to interact with a Vendo-Tron 9000. Will be known soon...) - Will be responded to instantly

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Pierrette clenched her hands tighter at being chastised. She was about to screech back "what do you know about the outside world?!" before the arrival of a...thing. Pierrette completely blanked, looking up the ... mechanism? The "eye-thing" lowering itself from the ceiling.

She stared at it, as it seemed to stare back, blinking at it's sudden arrival with confusion.

Whatever it was, it seemed to have completely calmed the infuriated ink-tank .... which in itself was unsettling, but the sudden diffuse of the heated conversation spread to Pierrette, too. Not quite peace, but a little bit of clarity she'd been forgetting. She swallowed and let her hands relax on the tank's sides.

"What is that?" Pierrette asked in a noticeably less harsh tone. She was sort of mesmerized, squinting up at the "eye." She started to pace the edge of the room, getting out of the doorway.

Examine Circular eye

Active Weapon:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( Examination for @Aykorn ))

The eye glowed the same shade of purple Ink in her OOPA. It looked like one of those old video game characters she saw before on the internet, the one about... pie or something. It looked at her curiously, the eye blinking every once in a while.

The machine whirred around her, examining her in return. She looked up, and saw the opening where the ceiling robot came from. It was a large opening, and was too dark to see into. The robot looked at her, as if it was waiting for her to talk.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Pierrette stood, still mesmerized, but... she dared to step closer. The machine was only watching and whirring peacefully, as if listening! Had it heard her and OOPA? Was that why it appeared?

Suddenly, she began to wonder what the purpose of the room she'd been lead into was. She blinked at OOPA, finally setting it down and letting it hang at her waist. It hadn't responded to her question, but... whatever. Pierrette wasn't going to admit there was merit in what it had said quite yet, --yet, she reluctantly thought-- but she was beginning to see something useful here.

That hatch in the ceiling looked like it lead somewhere. ...She wondered if she could grab onto the machine and let it pull her up! Somehow that seemed really fun.

In any case, it seemed to be awaiting a response. Perhaps it could respond back. Pierrette spoke in a clear, voice . "...Hello...? What are you?"

Talk to "Eye"

Active Weapon:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
I whistled, impressed. "Ain't this a fine piece of work!" :0

Glancing around the conveyor belt at the genius mass-production of dangerous weapons which were so tantalizingly close, I said, "hey, tank-thing, what's this?

((I'm assuming a short question isn't worth a talk action.))

> Examine: Am I in a Room or a Hallway?
> Examine: Were there Other Doors Down that Hallway? Or Was this the Only One?
> Examine: Machine Making Beautiful Weapons
> Examine: Conveyor System

Slot 1: Useless Locket (Maybe... is there something in it??? Nahh.)
Slot 2: Copper Paperweights (Sharpen the edges? Make small disc-like throwing weapons?)
Slot 3:
Slot 4:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( @ReedRGale 4 Examine actions ))

You've walked through a dark hallway, dimly lit by the lights above. There were two doors you and Alex simply walked by, because the locks on them were flashing red. One had said "Chocolate Swiss Cafe" or that is what you think it said. The other door read "Mockine Slop" in what is probably your shoddy Octarian.

The machine arm looked like a standard robotic arm with a fuchsia bulb on the end of it, that blinked every once in a while. It looked at the weapons being constructed on the conveyor belt, as if scanning for any defects in the bunch. It viewed it almost happily when the batch was clear, and a green light flashed from its "eye". Signaling the belt to move on.

The machine assembling the weapons was fast, very quick at its job. It rapidly assembled various weapons, as if it had them all stored inside its memory, which it obviously did. The notable weapons it assembled was a sword, similar to the one Alex had on his waist. Although it looked more broad than Alex's, which was like a katana. Another weapon was a rifle, similar to a Charger. But this one had a more lightweight design to it, while looking like it had the strength of an E-Liter 3K. The final weapon it produced was a pistol of some sort, it looked petty, diminutive, weak. But the machine arm put a Ink-tank on it, that had no Ink inside it, just a clear liquid.

The conveyor belt was flat and featureless, what was the point of examining it? If it is just a belt conveyor?

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
((mmmmmmmeeeh))
Lilith's eyes lit up slightly. "These could be useful," she said, walking over to one of the red-crossed boxes. She reached out to open it...

Lilith jumped at the sudden noise, snapping her attention behind her. What was that?! Was it close by? She stared into the distance, trying to see if she could spot what the noise originated from.
Examine distance for source of noise
Active Weapon: Octoshot
Slot 1: Suction Bomb
Slot 2: Suction Bomb
Slot 3: Weak Ink Pistol
Slot 4: Empty
Slot 5: Empty
Slot 6: Empty

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Parzival inched towards a box as Lilith did, and he was just about to open it when he heard a noise. He hesitated, but decided to open the box anyway.
Peek at box with red cross
1. Weak Ink Pistol
2. Suction Bomb

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Ride took a long, hard look at this hallway. All the while considering if he should go find a different way. He decided against this due to his lust for getting out of here. He turned his head to look at Jordas, who was also staring at the hallway. Ride began to walk, slowly, while staying close to Jordas. He occasionally glanced at the walls to be safe, but he knew he wasn't.

Go To End of hallway

Active Weapon:
Slot 1: Sticky Notes
Slot 2: Gumdrops
Slot 3:
Slot 4:

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( @VeryButter 1 examination @ThatSquidYouKnow 1 peek ))

Lilith jumped into the air, turning around rapidly. The roar was still echoing through the clean hallway. It was followed by a faint screech, the robot must have encountered whatever made that noise. She guessed it must be at the cafeteria, all that commotion there might have drawn whatever is attacking the robot.

She walked to the hallway, and looked down it. There was nothing, but the sounds of a fight.

Parzival, seeing his comrade go and investigate the sound. He went to examine the hallway they just stumbled into.
Parzival walked to a container on the wall, and opened it, showing a varied selection of medical supplies. Bandages(3), band-aids(x35), cotton balls(x8), a roll of duct tape for some reason... and a few needles(x3) with a red liquid inside them. Whatever was in those needles, they gave an eerie red glow.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( @VeryButter @ThatSquidYouKnow - Neutral ))
Parzival was still rooting around in one of the medical containers on the wall, before a foot kicked the back of his knee and forced him to kneel. Then the person kicked him down and held him down. They were strong, whoever they were, if they quickly and suddenly subdued him.

Lilith looked back, and saw a person in an unfamiliar armor suit. They pointed a pistol at Lilith.
"Who are you people?" They demanded, looking down at Parzival. The person wasn't trusting, and didn't seem to believe in niceties like talking politely, without attacking a person and pointing a pistol at the other.

They seemed to recognize the Octoshot Lilith was holding.
"Oh... You're Shen's target. I'm surprised you managed to survive his little assassin." They said in an amused tone. Before looking down to Parzival. "I suppose this... thing is the reason you're still alive." They pulled him up and pushed him towards Lilith. "No need for me to fight you, because I'm in as much carp as you are right now. Perhaps we could benefit from being allies? Apologies for the rough treatment, the last few people I've encountered... were less than desirable to be around."

What will you two do?

(( @Right Whale - Negative ))
The walls weren't the most pleasing sight, probably because of their lumpy, sickly appearance. Jordas's weapon hummed quietly, as if it was getting them ready to fire at a moments notice. The... growths that sprouted from the floor made were slightly sticky as if they didn't want him to move.

He was starting to calm his stomach down when he heard something moving quickly behind him, Ride looked behind, as did Jordas.
"Sensors interference. Unable to detect the Stalker." It said, which did not assure Ride. At all. He looked around the hallway, a feeling of dread coming over him. It didn't show itself again, but he got the feeling of being watched. Whatever it was, it's mean and wants to kill him, eat him, and eat him again.

Ride reached the end of the hallway, warily looking behind him. He saw a shimmer, like something was walking behind him. He glanced back to the door. Jordas turned around to keep watch. Ride fumbled for the door and opened it, the room next door was completely fine, in fact, there were tables in neat lines... Until one of them was swiftly shoved aside, causing Jordas to fire at it almost immediately, whatever it was, it had dodged it's weapon. The table melted and crumpled into a heap. There was a counter opposite... this room was a cafeteria!

What will you do, Ride?

(( @Aykorn - Positive ))
The Eye whirred peacefully above her, it didn't appear to have the capabilities of speech, but the thing contesting that thought, was that it did have speakers on the sides of its head. Then again... there was that button, maybe she should approach it and press it? Maybe then it might talk.

The OOPA was still pacified by the Eye. The Eye didn't seem to care about it, but it apparently meant a great deal to the OOPA. It was still silent.

What are you gonna do next, Pieri?

(( @ReedRGale and @BlueDogXL ))
Urchin was still ogling the belt conveyor, when a hatch opened and exposed a vast array of the weapons, it was signaled by a ding and a green light. The weapons were the ones Urchin had looked at, the sword and rifle were present, while the small pistol wasn't.

There the conveyor belt tumbled the weapons to a box, where they fell with a clatter.

The two looked at eachother, what are they going to do next?

Remember to insert your inventories everyone! Also the due date is the 4th of January, unless you all respond quickly. Then I'll do another GM post!

Talk... (Talk with the person) - Will be responded to in GM post, only to NPCs. However, PCs will have to respond on their time to each other. They must post on here, not in PMs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom