Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

NNID
namine753
wow. didn't think I was that big a deal on this thread, only the news. thanks for the warm fuzzies anyway. :)

i'll be sure to follow you guys, keep in touch on other threads. maybe we can get a group match going?

if anyone else wants to as well, go for it. we can make a new group and everything :D
oooh, a group match? What do you mean? Like a squad battle?

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
oooh, a group match? What do you mean? Like a squad battle?
private, squad, whatever. if you guys want, i can make a new group on the squad page. we'll need a good name though. something speculative.

if anyone's interested, let me know through conversation.

or if you want to get a few games going, share nnid's. we should at least try to get a game going with so much time spent here.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'll be playing regularly online starting on Tuesday, I want to wait for the new patch. But I'll join your group! But I won't be playing until Tuesday.

warghoul

Inkling Cadet
private, squad, whatever. if you guys want, i can make a new group on the squad page. we'll need a good name though. something speculative.

if anyone's interested, let me know through conversation.

or if you want to get a few games going, share nnid's. we should at least try to get a game going with so much time spent here.

The Conspiracy Theorist group?? ;)

Revolution5268

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Revolution_5268
This has always confused me. Just how is Nintendo going to explain the Octolings playing Turf Wars with the Inklings? A new Single Player campaign to explain it? I don't know. But they're going to need a pretty good reason because right now, they're sworn enemies.
DLC
Remember in Nintendo game especially these kind of game you can play at the antagonist in the same game or future games. Take the Mario series for example you can play as Bowser in Mario Kart, Mario Party, even becomes an ally in the Mario RPGs. Another is Zelda were you can play as Ganon in Hyrrule warriors or even becomes allies with Zelda and Link in Smash Bros. Nintendo does not have to follow the rules of "once a villain always a villain" they can become friends like Mario did with Donkey Kong.

warghoul

Inkling Cadet
DLC
Remember in Nintendo game especially these kind of game you can play at the antagonist in the same game or future games. Take the Mario series for example you can play as Bowser in Mario Kart, Mario Party, even becomes an ally in the Mario RPGs. Another is Zelda were you can play as Ganon in Hyrrule warriors or even becomes allies with Zelda and Link in Smash Bros. Nintendo does not have to follow the rules of "once a villain always a villain" they can become friends like Mario did with Donkey Kong.
True but all those friendships happen outside of 'their' main game. Mario has teamed up with Bowser before but Bowser turned coat on him in the end,

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
@Aqua64 Yay! I would love to do that!

DLC, as a sort of expansion pack, would make perfect sense, though.

I'm gonna chill and wait for the patch. I plan to keep playing, though. Too much gear leveling!

Rob

Inkster Jr.
Oh duh! Thanks for reminding me of that. They stated in a recent-ish interview that the entire army? was being controlled by the music we hear in Single Player. It obviously is designed for controlling octos, not Inklings. You're right. It would make an interesting plot point on what happens after the Zap Fish were taken back. Now what is Octavio going to do? That snow globe is obviously not going to keep him contained for long.

They also stated on how the Squid Sisters gets the Splatfest theme in the first place and the entire point of their creation.

Edit: Found it.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/240636-splatoon-devs-talk-character-proportions-squid-sisters-sound-de
Wait but that means the squid sisters could be controlling us with their music. Think about it the music through all the missions and especially the music at the end. You saw cuddlefish start to dance out of control. What if we're all being controlled?

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Wait but that means the squid sisters could be controlling us with their music. Think about it the music through all the missions and especially the music at the end. You saw cuddlefish start to dance out of control. What if we're all being controlled?
The interview states that the music played in Octo Valley is made by DJ Octavio and his associates, and it's somehow getting into Agent 3's headset. This further cemented by the fact that according to Splatune all the mission music, and the music you hear in the first the phases of the final boss are made by OCTOTOOL and DJ Octavio respectively.

The Squid Sisters aren't evil, you edgelord.

Rob

Inkster Jr.
The interview states that the music played in Octo Valley is made by DJ Octavio and his associates, and it's somehow getting into Agent 3's headset. This further cemented by the fact that according to Splatune all the mission music, and the music you hear in the first the phases of the final boss are made by OCTOTOOL and DJ Octavio respectively.

The Squid Sisters aren't evil, you edgelord.
3edgy5u

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
I'll be playing regularly online starting on Tuesday, I want to wait for the new patch. But I'll join your group! But I won't be playing until Tuesday.
Yeah i just played tower control and i'm glad the splash walls, krakens and e liters are gonna be nerfed but with the suction bomb trick to splash walls i learned its gonna be much easier
wow. didn't think I was that big a deal on this thread, only the news. thanks for the warm fuzzies anyway. :)

i'll be sure to follow you guys, keep in touch on other threads. maybe we can get a group match going?

if anyone else wants to as well, go for it. we can make a new group and everything :D
Yeah i don't mind I'll join your group :D

mmm... how about Ascension? (just thought of it now XD)

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
So this thread went from the notice of a "hack" of SplatNet, to general Octoling hype, to the assembly of a new squad.

Fascinating.

NNID
namine753
Best thread!
Indeed! Also, 200 hundred posts ITT. Pretty great!

Also, I MUST join this group in development. I only get to play squad battles with my buddy on occasions, so if we can join together as a group and squad, private match, etc, semi-regularly, that'd be the best.

So, add me at namine753. (unless we need to use skype, I simply abhor skype as my internet is garbage and it causes me nothing but trouble. We can just communicate here the conversation thing, right?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom