Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I hope so. I do have skype, but since I migrated to Windows 10, it keeps crashing my computer every time I boot it.

NNID
namine753
(also, please don't be confused about how my Mii is a girl named Sam. It's a long story and it doesn't really need explaining. I'm gonna fix it soon, don't worry.)

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I hope that they will also make male octolings. Just having the females will be cool, but it will feel kinda weird without their male counterparts.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I hope that they will also make male octolings. Just having the females will be cool, but it will feel kinda weird without their male counterparts.
Either way is fine by me. Male Octolings would add more variety to the game, which is great, but Octolings could be a sub-species of Octarians that actually has no sex and the only reason we call Octolings as "girls" is because they look like girls.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
They do have a gender but their Japanese name is Takozonesu (Think Octopus with Amazon Women)... which implies they could be female only. But I won't object to a Male Option. More options are better for everyone right? I would like to see Octolings playable someday because they look and sound more mature than the Inklings. Not a fan of small and cute stuff. But I still like the Inkling.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Gender and sex are different things, though. They can be women and still not have an assigned sex. That being said, they are probably female creatures and if they get to be playable, the introduction of male Octolings is quite likely, I think.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
True. You can call yourself female and not have the assigned sex. Nothing wrong with that. I see that as a possibility. And Male Octolings would be great for those who don't want to play as a girl, but want to play as a Octoling. If that's the case, I'm curious as to what he would look like. Of course, I'd play as the girl, but having more variety is always welcome.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
True. You can call yourself female and not have the assigned sex. Nothing wrong with that. I see that as a possibility. And Male Octolings would be great for those who don't want to play as a girl, but want to play as a Octoling. If that's the case, I'm curious as to what he would look like. Of course, I'd play as the girl, but having more variety is always welcome.
That's why I love games that provide more choices for players. I'm also a sucker for character customization. Honestly, that's my bread and butter~ It's also one of the reasons why I love the Elder Scrolls series, character customization~ By doing that, it adds to the immersion and makes you feel like you are part of the virtual world the game creators made for enjoyment.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
That's why I love games that provide more choices for players. I'm also a sucker for character customization. Honestly, that's my bread and butter~ It's also one of the reasons why I love the Elder Scrolls series, character customization~ By doing that, it adds to the immersion and makes you feel like you are part of the virtual world the game creators made for enjoyment.
Yup. I'm a sucker for games that let me do and be what I want. The great thing about the Elder Scrolls games is that they can be modded (on PC anyway) so your character can be far more what you envisioned than what the original developers allowed you to be. Even if it's lore breaking. Which I loved about Oblivion. I haven't picked up Skyrim, and I should because I KNOW my PC can handle it easily.

And I'm a sucker for games that aren't MMOs with character customization.

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
Yup. I'm a sucker for games that let me do and be what I want. The great thing about the Elder Scrolls games is that they can be modded (on PC anyway) so your character can be far more what you envisioned than what the original developers allowed you to be. Even if it's lore breaking. Which I loved about Oblivion. I haven't picked up Skyrim, and I should because I KNOW my PC can handle it easily.

And I'm a sucker for games that aren't MMOs with character customization.
Yeah i like creating my character when games allow you to do that as well and its so much fun

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
mmm... how about Ascension? (just thought of it now XD)
..."The Conspiracy Theorists", perhaps? :p
Best thread!
I'll make a list, and have everyone give input for what they like through conversation. if you'd like to join, let me know through messages and i'll include you in the convo. gotta have time to make the logo too.

Yeah, included that last one because we really are the best thread. :cool:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Refer to the fine gentleman on smiling on my avatar. We know male Octolings exist, but for all we know they could Gerudo it up and only have one every 353 1/2 years or something crazy like that. Still, I do hope more show up.
They do, heck they showed Octavio talking with Cuttlefish when they were in good terms years ago and he was in a humanoid form. I know it's him because he had the same helmet and it explains why he knew Cuttlefish by name. Maybe they can give us that helmet as part of a potential Octoling update or something. It's different enough from the standard Samurai helm!

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
They do, heck they showed Octavio talking with Cuttlefish when they were in good terms years ago and he was in a humanoid form. I know it's him because he had the same helmet and it explains why he knew Cuttlefish by name. Maybe they can give us that helmet as part of a potential Octoling update or something. It's different enough from the standard Samurai helm!
I'd like to thnk all octarians start out as clippings from a giant octopus, and grow into the stubby little tentacles we see in the valley. when they mature enough, or have accomplished enough for octarians, they get to choose to become an octoling. through rigorous training, and other means, they become human-like, and more like the inklings. at that point, they can choose which gender they wish to become. not sure why we've not seen many males, though. maybe they like having big, 60's female hair?

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
ah, crap. forgot. never mind. i still stick by the giant octopus thing, though. they look segmented like slices.

yeah, males do exist, but must reside in an area we haven't seen yet. maybe there's a sub-matriarch thing going on in octarian towns.

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I just assumed they grow up and obtained their humanoid forms at a certain age just like Inklings. But Octopi in real life have brains on each of their tentacles. They can be cut off and they will grow back. So I assumed those troops you see (Not Octolings) all were cut from Octavio and his subordinates to bolster their army's strength. So the actual Octopi are Octavio and the Octolings and the other troops are just their tentacles cut off really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom