Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Then the whole "need power on the spawn point" thing would become a big non-issue. :p

Inklings and Octolings are the really distant decendants of the undead from Dark Souls! denouttaden most not-stupid theory
Plot twist: Agent 3 is the Furtive Pygmy.

S/he might look like a 14 year old Inkling, but in fact s/he is thousand of years old. No wonder s/he wrecked havoc in the Octo Valley.

Deepest lore.

I have no idea what I am talking about.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
So. Many. Notifications.

How they come back after being splatted is most likely a gameplay excuse, but It works I guess. I mean they clearly rebuild their bodies after being splatted (with the same clothes they wore mind you) since the Octolings are the same, they don't die but lose their current body from ink weaponry. They just rebuild their bodies elsewhere and it may be the same ones you fought in all four Octoling levels with some Elites thrown in there. Which they can also get away from the whole "there's not a whole lot of Octolings."

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
I would love to believe.
But the dark backstory is not very convincing, that all/most of the Octolings you face, are the same ones from earlier.

Of course you could say that nobody dies, their "Hearts" (or Souls, whatever) fly away and the regeneration process happens somehow.
Compared to other shooter games, Splatoon is more pacifistic on the front.

However it still has a dark backstory at the... back.
Which could imply that death can actually happen in this world.

Argh, the ambiguity kills me.... X_X

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
However it still has a dark backstory at the... back.
As dark as slept-through-the-battle, short-extention-cords, ten-tentacles-is-better-than-eight-tentacles shenanigans are.

Of course you could say that nobody dies, their "Hearts" (or Souls, whatever) fly away and the regeneration process happens somehow.
Inklings and Octos are weird creatures. They have hearts and souls, yet no true bodies to their name. Trust me, I'm playing Kingdom Hearts; I know how this stuff works. :p

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
Octolings have one just like the Inklings do. They even make their own little owie noises as they float away.

I recall the artist TamarinFrog putting forth the theory that part of why the Octarians are so bent on stealing zapfish is they are running out of power to keep their own Spaw Points up. It's worth noting that the only levels we see these little Octoling souls float off are on levels that are set in Inkopolis. It also makes me wonder if the reason "splatting" lowbie octarians kicks on jump points is that they don't need to keep their own weapons powered anymore...

Brunosky_Inc

NNID
Brunosky_Inc
It's worth noting that the only levels we see these little Octoling souls float off are on levels that are set in Inkopolis
Octoling in Inkvisible Avenues says hi.

Isn't it obvious? Since Octotroopers are born from haircuts, they only have fragments of a soul and heart, hence why their little "ghost" doesn't manifest in a visible state. [/KINGDOMHEARTS]

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
Octoling in Inkvisible Avenues says hi.

Isn't it obvious? Since Octotroopers are born from haircuts, they only have fragments of a soul and heart, hence why their little "ghost" doesn't manifest in a visible state. [/KINGDOMHEARTS]
I literally just replayed that level and forgot about her. There is another level or two with em that I recall now with em showing up, so I was wrong!

Oh, but if spawn points are the reason why inklings can pop back to themselves in a matter of seconds, then the Octarians dwindling power supplies would give one hell of a viable reason to get the Zapfish on top of quality of life...

Eep.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
My fan hypothesis is that Octotroopers and Octoweapons are 'clone' soldiers made from Octolings and Octarians like Octavio donating tentacles that can regrow. Heck, Octavio's scars can be seen on the Octoweapon tentacles!

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Hate to burst the bubble of Pikmin/Splatoon shared universe hopefuls, but Pikmin takes place 250 million years in the future (given that the map is Pangea Ultima, which might exist that far in the future) and Splatoon merely takes 12,000 years in the future, which is hardly enough time for the continents to move a meter, let alone thousands of kilometres

Brunosky_Inc

NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Hate to burst the bubble of Pikmin/Splatoon shared universe hopefuls, but Pikmin takes place 250 million years in the future (given that the map is Pangea Ultima, which might exist that far in the future) and Splatoon merely takes 12,000 years in the future, which is hardly enough time for the continents to move a meter, let alone thousands of kilometres
Duracell®, up to 350,000,000% longer lasting.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
its only her twitter
her youtube and twitch are safe
You quoted my post before I could edit it. I'm a fraud! D:

On a more serious note, Nikki's Twitter disappearing like that is really disturbing, especially considering she was retweeting this earlier today and then said she could be criminally prosecuted if it was passed O_o

I mean, there's no way it passed already, but it's a strange coincidence...

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
This is what Nikki had to say through google

5 hours ago
Time to go back into the bomb shelter until Tuesday, try not to burn down the internet hunting down leakers while I'm gone

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey

5 hours ago
Time to go back into the bomb shelter until Tuesday, try not to burn down the internet hunting down leakers while I'm gone
aw so she is just hiding then

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429

5 hours ago
Oh yeah, forgot about that. I just didn't take it seriously because 90% of what Nikki puts on her Twitter is sarcasm or trolling XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom