Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
This week's going to have a lot of salt and happiness, I feel.

Really sorry about Nikki though. I hope she'll be okay. I mean doing what she does, Nintendo must've been at her throat for quite awhile now.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hate to burst the bubble of Pikmin/Splatoon shared universe hopefuls, but Pikmin takes place 250 million years in the future (given that the map is Pangea Ultima, which might exist that far in the future) and Splatoon merely takes 12,000 years in the future, which is hardly enough time for the continents to move a meter, let alone thousands of kilometres
So? My original post stated that Splatoon and Pikmin could share the same universe but in different times.
its only her twitter
her youtube and twitch and squidboards are safe
One of her twitter accounts, in fact. The other is fine.

NNID
namine753
I hope she is fine and continues doing research, even if her twitter account got deleted. Has she said anything about this topic yet?

Also, has anyone noticed octolings already have a special animation for bumping into walls?
hrmmmmm now why would they animate that for something that'll never happen???
kidding, it's so obvious these things will be playable soon.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I hope she is fine and continues doing research, even if her twitter account got deleted. Has she said anything about this topic yet?

Also, has anyone noticed octolings already have a special animation for bumping into walls?
I dunno, something about the way their eyes animate seems a bit unnatural. Do octopus eyes react that way in real life?

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429

For something that you were never meant to be able to play as, they've sure put a lot of detail into them...
I think these things have been basically confirmed since the "I guess she got Lasik" post on the Splatoon tumblr :D

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429

Shall I reschedule the hype train?

Didn't know about the eye animation. if information becomes 'uncovered' after the patch drops, it will be interesting.
If Nikki discovers updated eye animations and hat placements, I think we can say the Octos are 200% confirmed...

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Do octopi turn into humanoid creatures in real life? :p
My point is it looks more like the pupil texture is wrapping around the eye in an unnatural way rather than an intended effect.

fakecake

Inkster Jr.
Yes, I noticed that too while playing, but I think they will change this in the final version(or in 2.2.0, who knows), if it isn't intended.

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
My point is it looks more like the pupil texture is wrapping around the eye in an unnatural way rather than an intended effect.
It looks more like eyes shaking side to side like a cartoon who just got an anvil dropped on their head + low framerate to me.

Last edited:

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral

Google translating the post:

Let's introduce the "Tacozones Rendezvous" from recording music of the soundtrack "spline tune". Techno and exotic music by unit "OCTOTOOL" of mystery, has become a BGM pair Takozonesu war hero mode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30tm...17JuaeVhiksbU2

Seems like we have a Octarian band now, too?

If you are wondering why I am posting this here, is because... Well, check the music the "OCTOTOOL" band is playing.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Oh, seems like they are releasing the soundtrack this week, so maybe the tweet above isn't related to playable Octolings in any way.

Though, out of all music themes in the game, it's suspicious that they choose the Octoling's theme. Also, I really want a picture of OCTOTOOL's members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom