Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
So Roger decided to finally stop beating around the bush and told us what he learned after 2 weeks? So it was a Splatoon direct with a Smash announcement at the end.
I think he used to work at NOA so he probably has old friends who work there and one of them may have slipped him this info. Whether or not it's actually true remains to be seen. He's got three days.
i'm not sure. seems to only cover smash, and games when he feels like. probably figured out who the ballot winner was, anticipates everything else.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
i'm not sure. seems to only cover smash, and games when he feels like. probably figured out who the ballot winner was, anticipates everything else.
This whole big "Rogersbase" thing was this supposed huge leak that leaked a new character for Smash because the Smash fanbase is hungry for any new info. Especially regarding playable characters. He told all of his "friends" what it was and they started to be stupid on twitter teasing just like Roger, only they went overboard and actually revealed the character. I read it wasn't related to the ballot at all. Roger is a known fan of Splatoon. And in the end, Smash was a small part of it. It was for Splatoon all along.

The ballot's character is probably just getting started after Nintendo sat down and decided who the dev team is going to work on.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
This whole big "Rogersbase" thing was this supposed huge leak that leaked a new character for Smash because the Smash fanbase is hungry for any new info. Especially regarding playable characters. He told all of his "friends" what it was and they started to be stupid on twitter teasing just like Roger, only they went overboard and actually revealed the character. I read it wasn't related to the ballot at all. Roger is a known fan of Splatoon. And in the end, Smash was a small part of it. It was for Splatoon all along.

The ballot's character is probably just getting started after Nintendo sat down and decided who the dev team is going to work on.
nice. everyone's getting anxious for directs/announcements.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
nice. everyone's getting anxious for directs/announcements.
Well yeah. When there hasn't been a big announcement in months since E3, people are going to get hungry for info. I guess that's the price you pay when you're a big fan of the company and you're expecting a new update with a feature you're dreaming about.

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
I don't have any doubt that Inklings will be in Smash. It's just when a matter of when.

Has the update actually dropped yet?

Aubz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
abbeylilbit
I get a feeling that the update today will contain some more secrets. Hopefully, Nikki will be able to do some digging, and hopefully find some evidence for octos.

Karonax

Octobrushinobi
NNID
Karonax
I'm going to presume that any hats that would cause excessive clipping just won't show on the Octolings. So... like most of them I guess? >:

Aubz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
abbeylilbit
I'm going to presume that any hats that would cause excessive clipping just won't show on the Octolings.
Currently, my prediction is that the reason for the huge sized update is because of the changes in gear for the octos. I'm probably so off on that though, lol

Karonax

Octobrushinobi
NNID
Karonax
Currently, my prediction is that the reason for the huge sized update is because of the changes in gear for the octos. I'm probably so off on that though, lol
I just am not sure how they can design the hats in a way that they don't look totally silly sitting on top of giant hair. Even if they change the standard hats to just have little octo-tentacles poking out.

But I'm not a developer, I'm sure they'll figure it out. P:

Also: consider that the update may include the new four maps.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
We know there are four new maps coming, my money is on the data being them.
Well, Nikki did say awhile back that each map was roughly 50 MB I believe. And it's an extra 200-ish MB so you're right. Also, if there were Octolings, they wouldn't take much MB as most of the work has been done already in the August Update. It's really just patching some loose ends like the headgear and setting the right code for them is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom