Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Balance changes should not be that large. I have no doubt Nintendo is hiding something.
I read that the previous updates were less than 100MB in size. Then again most of the DLC content was already in "the disc", so maybe the reason this update is big isn't necessarily tied to Octolings, but because of new maps, weapons and hats. Or maybe it's tied to both, hopefully!

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
I read that the previous updates were less than 100MB in size. Then again most of the DLC content was already in "the disc", so maybe the reason this update is big isn't necessarily tied to Octolings, but because of new maps, weapons and hats. Or maybe it's tied to both, hopefully!
they're shoving as much as they can into one big update. like nikki said, they can't just hide 280 mb in an update. the new items and maps only took about 60% of the update last time. there most likely will be a few maps, gear, and hopefully octo eyes/kraken.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
they're shoving as much as they can into one big update. like nikki said, they can't just hide 280 mb in an update. the new items and maps only took about 60% of the update last time. there most likely will be a few maps, gear, and hopefully octo eyes/kraken.
Well, lets hope Nikki is willing to datamine the game as soon as the update is done. Unless she doesn't need to and the new content is announced by then somehow... If there is any new content, that is.

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
Actually, I assumed the new head-gear would "eat" the Octoling's hair as hats do for Inkling boys.

The Inkling girl's hair clips through every eyewear related item, so I'm kinda iffy on that tho.

Karonax

Octobrushinobi
NNID
Karonax
Not sure if this was brought up here yet, but the official Splatoon Japan Youtube channel just uploaded a somewhat remixed version of the Octoling fight theme. It's similar to the other music previews in that it has a band, cover art, and a song name. More and more keeps stacking up around the Octolings.

Edit Edit: Looks like it's no longer an unlisted video.

here it is for your listening pleasure:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom