Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Aside from Octolings, considering this is the first Direct in a while, and the last of the year, there are some things I would like to see personally.

-Either a look at Twilight Princess HD, or (even if it's a long shot) Zelda U.
-Fire Emblem Fates international release date.
-New substantial Splatoon content. Maybe another mode, show off some of the new maps, new weapon types. More single player stuff would be nice as well.
-Tell us who won the Smash Ballot.
-Something completely unexpected!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I'd definitely like to know who will be put into Smash Bros. next.

Also, would it be completely unexpected to have a Splatoon-themed 3rd DLC pack for Mario Kart 8? Maybe they'll even put in proper Battle Mode stages and have one of them be a take on one of the Splatoon maps.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Aside from Octolings, considering this is the first Direct in a while, and the last of the year, there are some things I would like to see personally.

-Either a look at Twilight Princess HD, or (even if it's a long shot) Zelda U.
-Fire Emblem Fates international release date.
-New substantial Splatoon content. Maybe another mode, show off some of the new maps, new weapon types. More single player stuff would be nice as well.
PLEASE (#Inkling4Smash)

I'd definitely like to know who will be put into Smash Bros. next.

Also, would it be completely unexpected to have a Splatoon-themed 3rd DLC pack for Mario Kart 8? Maybe they'll even put in proper Battle Mode stages and have one of them be a take on one of the Splatoon maps.
How about this?: "Inkopolis Circuit" DLC Track where you race down the streets of Inkopolis, all the while passing by, and sometimes even through, multiple maps from Splatoon! :O
Also inklude the Inkling as a playable character with multiple colors like Yoshi and Shy Guy have!

I would literally rebuy Mario Kart 8 for those. I've been regretting trading it into GameStop anyway.

Last edited:

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Looks like that guy from 4chan's right all along that there's gonna be a new Direct this week.

Also, why in the world are they releasing a new weapon for Splatoon tonight? Is it just me or are they releasing weapons much earlier now?

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Also, why in the world are they releasing a new weapon for Splatoon tonight? Is it just me or are they releasing weapons much earlier now?
My guess is that whatever massive Splatoon news we get in the Direct will be released in an update on Friday instead of our usual new weapon. HYPE

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Man, and I have to go to work at the time of the Direct. Oh well, I'll be sure to catch the rerun once I get back. Hopefully they'll have something on Splatoon even if it's not playable Octolings.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
My guess is that whatever massive Splatoon news we get in the Direct will be released in an update on Friday instead of our usual new weapon. HYPE
I highly doubt it'll be anything, though. I'm not gonna be optimistic about hoping for anything Splatoon related during the Direct. I'm hoping it'll be something big, but again, I'm not getting my hopes up here.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
I'm going to wait until Japan announces their Direct. If they announce it then I'll get hyped for sure.

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
Moving on from the string of confused posts. Here's something super cute involving octolings in some way just for the fun of it.

Warning, it's pretty huge.
I don't even like kids and this is adorbs.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
Nintendo of America's twitter isn't good enough? It's officially confirmed. You can get hyped all you want now.
It would be weird to announce Splatoon content without a Japanese Nintendo Direct.

I mean I'm still hyped regardless and I think they will announce one for Japan soon.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Well, if you want to know my humble opinion on this matter. The teasing has got to stop eventually.
All the evidence is there. Playable Octolings cannot be denied at this point.

I just want the direct to answer these questions:
- When will they be coming?
- And how are they going to be implemented?

I know people are vouching for new Single Player content or a new game mode featuring Inklings on one team and Octolings on another.
People also have been vouching for a CO-OP only mode featuring Octolings as mere AI-controlled enemies, never player-controlled.

But personally, save for the Single Player content, I am against all of these concepts.
I say, TO THE DEVIL WITH IT!. Make Octolings FREE-CHOICE.
I want to play as an Octoling whenever I want.
And if it ends up being paid DLC, so be it. I will gladly pay!

Everything else is a restriction that should not be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom