Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
Nintendo has been silent in general recently understandably so. I don't think they have much to show other than maybe a new e-Shop title since they did say they have unannounced games coming this year.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Nikki's usual twitter (NWPlayer123) is gone again. If anyone knows if she has a backup, share it. It disappeared right when the new Mario Maker update went live.

I'll still waiting for the Octolings, but this is still strange. Probably nothing though.

EDIT: It's back now. Nothing to be worried about!

Last edited:

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Nikki's usual twitter (NWPlayer123) is gone again. If anyone knows if she has a backup, share it. It disappeared right when the new Mario Maker update went live.

I'll still waiting for the Octolings, but this is still strange. Probably nothing though.
it might be like last time, where she manually updated, but it locked her account. but we'll see. plus, nintendo is on the verge of announcing something for splat anyway. we'll find out one way or another.

I do hope she gets her account back, though. she's like a cute little octo lady that gives you nintendo news and chocolates whenever you visit her sweet octo home. <3

Grizabella

Inkster Jr.
Sorry to bring up something that was a few pages back, but I had to ask;
It IS OFFICIAL!
- Yet another update gave them ROUND EARS! So they DO NOT have the pointy ears Inklings have.
Can someone link me to this? I thought I was up to date with all the octoling updates but this was news to me.

fakecake

Inkster Jr.
Hope they can be shown off eventually. I for one, would like to see them. : 3
I sadly can't find any new octoling-related animations. Also, I'm pretty sure that the name is compiled into the animations, so I can't simply swap files. I don't even know the new names(so I can't get the game to load them via RAM hacking).

Maybe I'll ask NWPlayer later, I hope she can tell me where the new animations are stored.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Sorry to bring up something that was a few pages back, but I had to ask;

Can someone link me to this? I thought I was up to date with all the octoling updates but this was news to me.
Found it!
http://tamarinfrog.tumblr.com/image/129695481774

Of course, there is no way to see the ears through normal means.
Still an interesting find though.

I sadly can't find any new octoling-related animations. Also, I'm pretty sure that the name is compiled into the animations, so I can't simply swap files. I don't even know the new names(so I can't get the game to load them via RAM hacking).

Maybe I'll ask NWPlayer later, I hope she can tell me where the new animations are stored.
i see, that's too bad.
No worries. : 3

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Whoa, I've never seen those images before! That's pretty cool. I shouldn't have been surprised that Octoling fangs are just like Inkling fangs though.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
We're getting a new weapon in about two hours. That's something, right?

........Yeah, we really need some big news fast. Stop being so quiet, Nintendo. >.>
Oh they've been plenty loud, just not about the things we want. Ninty has yet to stop talking about Yokai Watch or Mario Tennis for just one day. I DON'T CARE WHAT CHEEKSQUEAK SNUCK INTO THIS TIME, NINTY, I JUST WANT A DIRECT.

plz? <3

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
The only chance you're getting Octolings Information is through a Direct. Because they want to explain the differences between them and the Inklings, Single Player stuff, Their Kraken form, and even more on top of that. Octolings are the kinda "big" news that would warrant saving for a Direct, which we know is coming soon. Be a little more patient guys.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
We're getting a new weapon in about two hours. That's something, right?

........Yeah, we really need some big news fast. Stop being so quiet, Nintendo. >.>
The Heavy Splatling Deco was confirmed for today? The initial twitter post just gave a vague "this weekend."

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Oh they've been plenty loud, just not about the things we want. Ninty has yet to stop talking about Yokai Watch or Mario Tennis for just one day. I DON'T CARE WHAT CHEEKSQUEAK SNUCK INTO THIS TIME, NINTY, I JUST WANT A DIRECT.

plz? <3
Hey, speak for yourself. I'm looking forward to Yo-kai Watch. It'll have to step aside for Rodea: The Sky Soldier though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom