Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
*Squints at screen for a bit* Are you serious

So what is this big thing Nikki has been hiding for a while? And what's with the updated Octo files?

I'm kinda upset with the possibility of no Octos for Splatoon, but I'm also okay with it because I really like the game regardless. Octos will definitely show in Spla2n, I'm sure of that.

(I have a picture like your profile pic, but I have diff gear)

STELLAR-V™

Inkster Jr.

So what is this big thing Nikki has been hiding for a while? And what's with the updated Octo files?

I'm kinda upset with the possibility of no Octos for Splatoon, but I'm also okay with it because I really like the game regardless. Octos will definitely show in Spla2n, I'm sure of that.

(Profile pic? You mean my twitter or my avatar here? I drew my twitter icon.)

And I believe it's the Idol codes that have sprung up.

lame.png

And judging by the codes being amiiboIdol1 and amiiboIdol2, it's only Callie and Marie. Unless Callie and Marie are on one amiibo, and the octoling is on the other--which is unlikely.

But you're right.If not in Splatoon, Nintendo can't ignore the hype for octolings in Spla2n. There's too big a demand.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
(Profile pic? You mean my twitter or my avatar here? I drew my twitter icon.)

And I believe it's the Idol codes that have sprung up.

View attachment 2643

And judging by the codes being amiiboIdol1 and amiiboIdol2, it's only Callie and Marie. Unless Callie and Marie are on one amiibo, and the octoling is on the other--which is unlikely.

But you're right.If not in Splatoon, Nintendo can't ignore the hype for octolings in Spla2n. There's too big a demand.
I meant your avatar here. :P

Lame, but exciting at the same time. I want Octos. Nintendo, Y U do this to meh

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
*ahem*

So, hate to say it. . . so, I won't. . .

Anyways, here's to hoping that the new possible amiibo have a fancy "Hero Splatling" with the Hydra loadout. :]
(I know that wouldn't be the Splatling they choose to "heroize" but ya know, one can hope)

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
*squints at* I suppose it was too good to be true, but let's not eliminate the possibility of Octos in the Splatoon series altogether.

(I like your new profile pic!)
As much as I'd like to believe it will happen, it gets less and less likely, who knows. . .

On that note. . .

New game = New amiibo
y/y

EDIT: Make your own here

STELLAR-V™

Inkster Jr.
It's unfortunate, but to be expected I suppose. Octolings weren't meant to be playable, and Nintendo hasn't found any of their own reasons to go through with making them so. If I don't seem upset over it, believe me, I am. My whole motif is octolings, and to find out that they can't be playable sucks.

I only wonder what the Callie and Marie amiibos will bring. Perhaps their agent costumes? Their idol costumes? Their tentacle styles? There's still more to get, perhaps not octolings, but it's still a big thing.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
*ahem*

So, hate to say it. . . so, I won't. . .
Believe me, it makes no difference whether you say it or not.
We know how much of a delight it is to you.

In any case, January isn't over yet.
And certain codes still imply that Octolings are possible.
(Such as Octoling apparently finally being added to the Plaza, according to code)

So seriously people, do not throw in the towel just yet.
Not before the last bell rings.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Believe me, it makes no difference whether you say it or not.
We know how much of a delight it is to you.
Oh, yes, I'm SUPER delighted to not have an awesome character be playable. I was hoping they'd happen the entire time, but me hoping it would happen doesn't mean it will. I simply expressed why I didn't think it'd happen, not that I didn't want it to happen.

Calm the hell down, this kind of stuff makes you look like a brat.

STELLAR-V™

Inkster Jr.
Oh, yes, I'm SUPER delighted to not have an awesome character be playable. I was hoping they'd happen the entire time, but me hoping it would happen doesn't mean it will. I simply expressed why I didn't think it'd happen, not that I didn't want it to happen.

I...am going to have to agree here. I know you weren't trying to be smug, you'd simply been logical. Brat is a little strong of a term, however.

Just calm down, Yoshi. It's not over yet, but it's still not looking good if even Nikki has thrown in the towel.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet

I am perfectly calm.

And you say you always wanted it to happen?
That's strange.
Since every time someone tried to raise hope a little, you were among the people who crushed it flat first.

If you had so much hope for them, why always so negative?
And why shoving that negativity into people's faces all the time?
I don't really get it.

STELLAR-V™

Inkster Jr.

I am perfectly calm.

That's strange.
Since every time someone tried to raise hope a little, you were among the people who crushed it flat first.

I don't really get it.
Uh, dude? Chill out. You're being irrationally passive aggressive, the octolings being playable thing was a stretch to begin with--it wasn't meant to happen. Nintendo didn't expect their popularity.

I love them just as much as you do. But calm down. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose

I am perfectly calm.

That's strange.

I don't really get it.

So, back on the hype train?

Rough Google translate:
Tomorrow [announcement] 1/20 see updated data (Ver.2.5.0) will be delivered. Due to the delivery 9:50-during the 11: 00 service unavailable due to server maintenance. This update will update with bug fixes mostly.
Yup, every time. . . Not a single time in this entire thread did I admit I'd like to see them. At no point at all did I assist in giving hope, not even once. . . Especially not 4 - 5 times.

Since when is being analytical the same as being negative? I, for the umpteenth time, repeat, simply expressed why I felt they MAY not happen. You took it as a personal attack, or whatever the hell you want to call it (along with a few others for whatever reason). I didn't FORCE anything in anyone's faces, I didn't FORCE anyone to agree with me. Matter of fact, it was the opposite, anytime I expressed how "X" may not necessarily be proof of their inclusion, I got multiple posts that were essentially attacks on me as a person. Let us not forget that stupidity that blew up a few pages back, where I simply said a sentence and 4 of you were at my neck.

Brat is a little strong of a term, however.
Lol, I'd agree with you if this was the first time this crap happened.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Again, I am calm.
Dunno where you get the idea, that I am aggressive.

Doubtful isn't an issue.
But that isn't what you conveyed.

You see, someone who is simply doubtful, doesn't outright ignore clues and evidence that speak clearly for inclusion, or even deny they exist.
Let alone constantly telling people off, even if one tiny raise of hope occurs.
And let's not forget about the evidence-dismissing things posted, that clearly turned out to be false. (Someone did anyways)

If you have doubts and no hope. That's fine.
But that doesn't mean that other people can't think differently, ya know?

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
View attachment 2642

...Believe me, I'm just as upset. I haven't entirely disregarded it as possible, but it may be a no.

This is quite a shock. I mean, who could have seen that coming? I'm usually pretty good at smelling BS from five miles upwind, but I completely missed the mark here.

Hey now, don't be giving my thunder away to someone else. Do you know how many orphanages I could have burnt down instead of crushing everyone's hopes in this thread? I'm talking serious sacrifices here.

Since when is being analytical the same as being negative?
Since people didn't get the answer they wanted to hear. Remember people, always take Bertrand Russel's advice: "don't let yourself be diverted by what you wish to believe. Look only and solely at what are the facts and what is the truth that the facts bear out." I'm not going to piss on someone's head and tell them its raining just because that's what they want to think. There are those who can handle this brutal honesty and those who cannot.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have more dreams to crush and orphanages to maraud.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I am among those who are not going to blow smoke up someone's *** just because they like hearing something. There are those who can handle this and those who cannot.
Lol, you don't have to tell me twice, I've seen this an unsettling amount in this thread. . .
I mean, apparently I pushed people into such a hole that they completely stopped posting in Squidboards.
Hell, I was called a rat, and less than scum. What a terrible person I must be.

Should have given everyone a pat on the back and a kiss on the cheek instead.
Shame on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom