• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Pokemon moon and sun, who else is pretty hyped?

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
From serebii
In The Anime Department

Pokémon Sun & Moon -

The UK channel CITV has confirmed that it is going to air the first two episodes of the brand new series: Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon on Sunday November 20th at 12pm as part of a special promotion to tie in with Pokémon Sun & Moon. This is following the airing of the movie Volcanion & The Mechanical Marvel on Saturday November 19th at 12:30pm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The first 2 Episodes actually just finished Airing a few mins ago actually, and it was absolutely gorgeous I must say.
As a part animator myself, I really enjoy the nice approach they went for in their animating.)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Gotta say, thank insert-deity-here for the Pokemon Bank. The great transfer of my complete pokedex, 28 boxes, took about six minutes.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Never played a (mainline) Pokémon game before... no, seriously...

But it's an RPG and it seems like a simple enough jump-on point, so~ why not give it a try, yeh?

I want that bat! But everyone and their Pokémoning granny is going Moon, so I guess I go Sun and figure out how trading works?

Earliest I'll probably be able to begin playing it though is Sunday... night? *shrug*

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
I'm actually getting both!
So if there is any exclusive you'd like, hit me up! I'll add ya. ♪
(Such as all the starters, and so on.)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm actually getting both!
So if there is any exclusive you'd like, hit me up! I'll add ya. ♪
(Such as all the starters, and so on.)
Gotta ask why, what's the point? The plots are going to be only marginally different and you can freely trade over the internet for whatever you like.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
One of them is going to be for online competitive purposes, and the next is going to be for whenever I feel like replaying through the game with challenges whenever I feel like it; essentially, a casual playthrough.

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
Gotta ask why, what's the point? The plots are going to be only marginally different and you can freely trade over the internet for whatever you like.
I'm also probably gonna get both. One of them to play normally, one to play in Japanese to practice for my Japanese class.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Fair enough reasons for both of you, I suppose. And also something Nintendo could rectify with multiple save files :P

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
Fair enough reasons for both of you, I suppose. And also something Nintendo could rectify with multiple save files :p
But they make more money this way.

How do Z moves work? When announced I thought they were just one powerful move for each type, but yesterday I heard they altered a normal move?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
All I know is that, like mega evolutions, they're limited to 1 per team and take up an item slot, which massively limits their usefulness.

And greed doesn't give Nintendo or any other company a pass.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The bank isn't compatible with Sun and Moon until next year. There goes a lot of my enthusiasm, I'll be done with the game by then. Bah! What's the point of having a pokemon horde if I can't use it?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I vaguely understand what the bank is--but next year? You'd think that would be something they implement inside of the first week.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I vaguely understand what the bank is--but next year? You'd think that would be something they implement inside of the first week.
The name is literal - you pay a five dollar yearly fee to access a bank stored on Nintendo's servers that let you store up to 3,000 mons and freely transfer them between games. So until January at the earliest, everyone is cut off from their pre-Sun and Moon pokemon. Bah.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
I vaguely understand what the bank is--but next year? You'd think that would be something they implement inside of the first week
I do believe they are doing this intentionally. One of the reasons is for everyone to focus more on the Pokemon the game itself has to offer such as the Alola pokemon. Not to mention there is a VGC soon where the rules are only Alola Pokemon, so this may partly explain the reason.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I do believe they are doing this intentionally. One of the reasons is for everyone to focus more on the Pokemon the game itself has to offer such as the Alola pokemon. Not to mention there is a VGC soon where the rules are only Alola Pokemon, so this may partly explain the reason.
I've heard that before, and I don't buy it. They can either destroy the game's "economy" now, or in a couple months. People are going to flood the competitive scene with foreign mons the second the bank is up, what difference does it make as to when this happens? The result is going to be the same for anyone even slightly late to the party. Bah 3: the Bah-ening.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
So it's a normal cycle? When the bank opens for a new entry, older more powerful mons flood into the pvp scence?

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
So it's a normal cycle? When the bank opens for a new entry, older more powerful mons flood into the pvp scence?
I believe they also did the same for X & Y, and Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom