• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Pokemon moon and sun, who else is pretty hyped?

xJãÿιεαƒx

Inkling
I'm getting both, but I'll be playing the opposite version that Glace plays, then my mom is playing the other one, because we made a deal that if I played her game she'd play animal crossing when the new update came out and Pokemon :>>>

So, I'm excited to have family playing with me for the first time, and not be the kid that practically was their 'walkthrough' *cough* my brother *cough*

I'm thinking of chosing litten though, and I love Mimikyu and aloha Meowth~

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Howdy folks. Been doing well? I've got some more juicy info for y'all.

Taken straight from Serebii.

In The Games Department
Pokémon

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Sun & Moon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them. In the first image, we see Alolan Grimer, which appears to be a Poison/Dark-type.
10:20: From the same source, but currently without pictures so it's unconfirmed, Jangmo-o's evolution is in the magazine, and is Dragon/Fighting-type, and that Type: Null it evolves into a Pokémon called Shiruvadi (シルヴァディ) and that either Null or its evolution change type based on items it holds. We'll bring confirmation of this as and when it comes so keep checking back.

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Sun & Moon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them. These images confirm the information revelaed yesterday but not shown of Jangmo-o's evolutions, Jarango & Jararanga, and Type: Null and its evolution Silvadi.
When Type: Null finds a trainer it trusts, it destroys its helmet and evolves into Silvadi. It has a special item called Memory that lets it be one of all 18 types at any one time thanks to its ability, AR System. It's not currently known if it's one item that can change this, or if there are 18 different ones. It has a new attack called Multi Attack which changes type based on its hold item
It also confirms the Trial Captain Ilmia is the first Trial Captain. The first town is known in Japan as Hauori City

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In The Anime Department
Pokémon

Further details have come for the Pokémon Sun & Moon anime. It will begin on November 17th in Japan in a special. In it, Togedemaru is classed as Pikachu's rival and Samson Oak is the headmaster of the school in which Ash is enrolled.

Last edited:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
So it appears the entire Pokédex (or most if it) has been leaked. I won't share it here, however I will say I think the designs are fantastic.

Has anyone been playing the demo? Tomorrow another item is available.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ah yes, can't forget about that. What was it that the guy outside the Poké-Center gave out? I can't find them anywhere in my bag. (Not that it'd help much, seeing as I wouldn't quite know how to translate it myself... why'd I choose a language other than English again?)

I haven't looked at the leaked 'Mons, mostly because I want to keep myself (relatively) unspoiled come November or so. All I know is that
Torracat turns into some Thundercats-lookin' chump and Pikipek turns into a toucan. Both of which are neat, I must say.

I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world if I glossed the whole thing over, but still.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
I've seen all the leaks so far, and have played the demo! I've of course been keeping the spoilers far away from here.
So far I've only gotten the pretty wings, but there's been a video of someone messing with their 3DS time, and moving on ahead to see what else happens.
It's too lazy for that, so I'll just wait..

But, the next item is really soon!

AidanC97

Senior Squid
NNID
aidancalhoun
All the leaks are real. I was surprised when Rowlett lost it's flying type and got ghost, which i can be a fan of. I'm still using Litten as my starter after all that was leaked previous. #TeamLitten

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I feel like I am the only person in this fandom who isn't excited for this game. Not only it is copying a lot of stuff from Yo-kai Watch, but the designs (most of them, not all of course) are quite weird. On top of that, I dislike how everyfin is about Gen 1. Gen 6 had a lot of Gen 1 stuff and Gen 7 is doing the same thing. -.-

Oh well. I still hope others enjoy the game and I will probably buy and play Moon so I can have a better opinion on the games, but I really doubt my wish will come true, so Gen 5 will likely stay as the generation where Pokémon peaked.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I like how the Legendaries have pre-evolutions. They're so cute!

Last edited:

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I played the demo and I've watched a few trailers, I'll be getting Moon. I don't want to know too much about it before playing, it's more fun to discover new stuff by playing through the game. Ash-Greninja is a dumb idea. The Z-Moves are kinda neat. I wish more Pokémon had Alola forms than just Gen 1 Pokémon, and I wish they made more sense. It seems like those forms are made to somehow adapt to the island habitat, maybe it'll be clearer when I play through the game. I'm not sure if the Pokémon are always in their Alola form in the game, or just when catching/using them in a certain area, or some other requirement. I really like the new battle screen, and it's neat that you can check the stat boosts/reductions from moves like Swords Dance and Screech.

someone messing with their 3DS time, and moving on ahead to see what else happens.
It's too lazy for that, so I'll just wait..
I was so lazy with my clocks on my WiiU and 3DS that I never changed them when DST started. For the last six months, I've always just added an hour to whatever time was showing. It'll finally pay off in a few days when the clocks will change back and I won't have to change them, therefore saving at most 4 minutes of spending time changing clocks.

Joasa

Depressed Squid
Pokemon GO kind of lost it's appeal for me so I agree.
I played Pokemon Go for a day and was like "nah".

The worst part is that both my parents got really into it and would ask me what everything was as we're walking in public and both of them have their noses shoved in their phones.

And I still haven't gotten to pre-order Moon yet, which is starting to annoy me because I feel like there's a certain date where you can't do pre-orders or anything which means that it's gonna be hard to get it the day it comes out and play it for 72 straight hours with no guilt. I mean I beat Alpha Sapphire in 3 days so... but then again it was HELLA easy and nerfed from the original, even though I did play without the EXP share. From what I've seen it looks like S+M are gonna be a bit more difficult from Gen 6's games but then again only time will tell of they've taken notice to the new audience that's taken to their games. I mean with all this competitive player-friendly stuff like being able to adjust IVs and keep track of stat changes you would think they would also adjust the difficulty seeing that a majority of competitive players are all experienced, older gamers who, in turn, want a bigger regional challenge. I'm no competitive player myself (I do breed competitive 'mons and shinies though) but I do like the idea of an overall harder region, but then again it's still an E-rated game targeted at 8-year-olds so they can't make it that dark or anything. Although the whole "Ultra Beasts are People" (which has been pretty much confirmed as canon, I mean look at UB-01's description) seems like a step to the dark side for Gamefreak. But it looks really cool. I'm also glad that this whole region isn't going to be focused entirely on mega evolution mega Flygon rip But I'm also hoping at the same time that they don't do the whole everything around Z-moves like all of Gen 6's games did with mega evolution. I want a better story-oriented game, maybe even one that isn't just NPCs guiding you from town to town, but actually something where you really can explore freely.

As for the Battle Tree, please don't make it a copy-paste of a typical battle arena with teams catered just to kick your butt. I really want a battle area like Black Tower/White Treehollow from gen 5 where you could actually use your in-game teams to win and not have to spend weeks breeding 5-6 IV mons with perfect abilities and egg moves and whatnot just to even have a slight chance. But I highly doubt that, although the same gen did give us the PWT, which I feel like the Battle Tree is going to be more like, with the ability to actually do reasonably well with in-game-teams for a certain period of time, until you got to the more difficult battles. But in the Battle Maison I couldn't even win regular battles without mega pseudo-legends and 5IV mons. Then again the whole step towards competitive gaming, let's orient everything to the hardcore players. Blah Blah. We'll just have to wait and see tbh.

Man it's been forever since I've had a good Pokemon rant.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I'm not sure if the Pokémon are always in their Alola form in the game, or just when catching/using them in a certain area, or some other requirement.
Alolan forms are the real life equivalent of evolution (darwinian). There's no special criteria to them. if you catch an ice vulpix, it will stay an ice vulpix no matter what you do or where you go and the same applies to all other alolan forms as well. for pokemon like cubone, exeggcute and pikachu. if they're caught in alola, they will evolve into their respective alolan forms. if you transfer a cubone, exeggcute or pikachu from any game other than sun and moon to S&M, they'll evolve into their regular forms.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I don't know if the game is worth my preorder right now. I put $5 onto it right now but isn't it going to be over $50? I really don't know if I want to spend that kind of money right now the more I think about it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I don't know if the game is worth my preorder right now. I put $5 onto it right now but isn't it going to be over $50? I really don't know if I want to spend that kind of money right now the more I think about it.
$40, actually. And you're probably guaranteed to have a good time with it. Still, it's not a necessity.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
$40, actually. And you're probably guaranteed to have a good time with it. Still, it's not a necessity.
Oh really? I thought it was like $50 still.... Maybe I was thinking about other games.
Still don't really have the money for it since I had to spend $60 on a new headset s:
I've been more into Yokai Watch anyways, really.

iceage99

Midna Advocate
NNID
iceage99
Switch Friend Code
SW-5433-4841-6709
Just got my preorder yesterday! I did the bundle. So glad I signed up for the best buy gamer rewards. I got almost $16 dollars off!

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
16 off? Not bad at all!
That's really cheap compared to a lot of other people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom