• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Pokemon moon and sun, who else is pretty hyped?

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Dark Meowth, on the other hand... so they made it a pale blue and shrunk its mouth, and that's it? Also seems like it should be part Fairy-type if it was raised to be a royal *****cat.
It's whiskers are also curlier and it's posture is a more straight than a normal meowth. If anything it changed more compared to vulpix that got a color swap and fluffier. Royal doesn't automatically mean good. For all we know, these meowth could've been bread by tyrannical kings/queens who thought they were better than everyone else. Keep in mind that the dark type is the "evil type" in japanese.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
There is a Ground / Ghost type pokemon back in generation five. That would be Golett & Golurk, one of the few non-flying type pokemon that can learn the HM move "Fly".
Oh yeah, Golett exists...
I always forget about
Wait wait wait
Golurk can fly? How?

Basically, the fish species comes together to form a school of fish that looks like one large fish. This is probably done to ward off predators and could also make them stronger (the second one is just speculation).
Ah, thanks for clarifying that.
It'll probably make them stronger (maybe raise Attack and Defense?) and slower (since it's bigger).

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
we have a new Poke
Its name is Namakuboshi, it's able to send out its own guts from its mouth and use it as a fist. luv this sea cucumber 'mon

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
we have a new Poke
-pic snipped-
Its name is Namakuboshi, it's able to send out its own guts from its mouth and use it as a fist. luv this sea cucumber 'mon
Send out its own guts? And use it as a fist?
That's F***ING AWESOME! Please tell me this thing gets all the punch moves! I wanna see it puke up a Focus Punch!

...If it's strong (or its evolution is, that thing looks like it'll evolve into something), I'm gonna name mine Saitama.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
ALOLAN RAICHU! THEY GAVE RAICHU SOMETHING! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also...

1) The new villains do look like gangsters. Also, they have Drowzee. No reason to mention this really, I just have no opinion on the Team Skull just yet.
1.5) Side Note: I'm very disappointed that no one on that team looks like Dr. Wily.

2) Shrooms-mon looks okay.

3) I still don't fully grasp fishymon.

4) Namakuboshi looks like it's going on my-
Hey did anyone else notice Hariyama died when Namakuboshi did? What happened there?

5) Alolan Meowth just doesn't care. It'd be a great fit for Truant-
Please don't make Dark Meowth's ability Truant

6) Alolan Marowak-
Hey are they saying Normal Cubone can become Alolan Marowak? So I can bring over normal Pokémon and get the Alolan evolutions? I like this. Just so long as I can evolve the regular evolutions too, somehow. Without trading, I mean.

7) ALOLAN RAICHU YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAH!
ELECTRIC/PSYCHIC! TAIL SURFBOARDING! IT'S NOT PIKACHU! RAICHU FINALLY GOT SOMETHING!
7.5) Not sure if this means Alolan Pikachu or not. I don't care, I got what I wanted (as I expressed earlier in the thread).

Hype Get! Good Job Nintendo!

GET HERE FASTER NOVEMBER

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
English Trailer.
Yes, Team Skulls are definitely based on 'wannabe' gangsters..

""Lets get up out this port B!"

"It's ya boi Guzma!!"

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
...Team Skull now looks like they jumped out of Jet Set Radio. I dunno why my brain is telling me that. But it is.

Also, wondering how Morelull's Illuminate's gonna work. Or if it can be used as a Flash replacement (that'd be nice).

Wishiwashi's school form is just an evolution under another name (and one that can apparently be un-evolved(not sure what the word is for that) when Wishi takes enough damage).
I'm not sure how to feel about this. But I like it more than I did when I first saw it.

Pyukumuku... I approve of this mon, and still want it on my team. Especially since its ability seems useful (especially if it has high HP and crap defenses, or just any way that it can get one-shotted easily and still deal significant damage via Innards Out).

Alolan Meowth... THANK YOU NINTENDO, FOR NOT GIVING IT TRUANT.
Also, Technician. Nice.

Alolan Marowak has me wondering what Cursed Body is. Lightning Rod could also be useful, since Fire/Ghost doesn't give Electric immunity.

Alolan Raichu gets double-speed in Electric Terrain. If I recall correctly, that Tapu Koko thing has an ability that just makes it Electric Terrain when it comes out.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I feel like those two are going to go very well together.

Nice job, Nintendo. The hype's died down (although I'm still really happy that you improved Raichu), but I'm still very happy. Nice job.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Alolan Raichu is interesting with it's Electric/Psychic typing, and getting a double speed boost with a Electric Terrain present makes it like a good double battle partner to use as it can dish out some decent damage if the opponent's pokemon doesn't have a trick room user, or priority moves to use.

If the opponet's pokemon damaging move hits, Cursed Body has a 30% chance of disabling the opponet's pokemon offensive move for three turns. Unless you have a bulky pokemon to use, or possibly the ability might get a new update for Generation VII, I say Lightning Rod is better off for the electric immunity.
On Alolan Raichu:
That was my second thought.
My first thought was that Baton Pass/U-Turn/Volt Switch could be amazing for Surfer Dude Raichu on teams. Here's hoping Tapu Koko can learn one of those (preferably Volt Switch).
That's a good point about priority moves tho. Definitely a worrisome thing for Surfer Dude Raichu. But otherwise, this one's gonna be one hell of a speedster in the right circumstances.

-

On Alolan Marowak:
That's surprisingly disappointing. I thought it'd just be "uses the move Curse whenever opponent uses a contact move (like Tackle or something)," I didn't know it was a thing before now.
But I agree, being immune to Electric (in addition to Normal/Fighting) sounds more useful than maybe-Disable, unless Cursed Body gets updated. Especially since Lightning Rod gives a Special Attack boost, which might help if Lavender Town Marowak has good Special moves (which it probably does, if it's getting Lightning Rod).

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Also, wondering how Morelull's Illuminate's gonna work. Or if it can be used as a Flash replacement (that'd be nice).
Illuminate is a pre existing ability. It increases the wild pokemon encounter rate by 100% if the pokemon with the ability is in front of the party. It has no efect during battle (unless it was changed for this generation).

Also if you want more information on well everything, you can check riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...............

Here

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Illuminate is a pre existing ability. It increases the wild pokemon encounter rate by 100% if the pokemon with the ability is in front of the party. It has no efect during battle (unless it was changed for this generation).

Also if you want more information on well everything, you can check riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...............

Here
I really haven't played Pokemon in a while, so I've kinda forgotten a lot of stuff (mostly abilities). So, thanks for the explanation, and the link, mate.

*sigh* Gonna have to find a Morelull with Effect Spore then, if I decide to use one.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Really? The badass submarine fish is named Wishiwashi of all things? That's... that's Ekans and Foongus levels of awfulness. The Schooling ability looks like the new Zen Mode on the surface, perhaps with a bit of Defeatist thrown in (assuming that its Voltron mode has better stats than the standalone fish, which seems likely to me). I'll probably use it to death anyway, but still...

Well, Pyukumuku (hell of a name, that) is a bit less impressive than I was expecting. Still, it does look like it can slap fools around with gut punches; here's to hoping it's not a pain to find.

I'm a bit mixed about Morelull. It has another cheesy name (and initially reading it as More-LOL doesn't help matters), and it's lacking in unique traits compared to most of the other Alolan Pokémon revealed so far. While its basis is neat (basically a Pikmin Glowshroom-turned-Pokémon), I'm guessing it's just a filler 'mon.

So Team Skull is half-pirate and half-thug, then? I can live with that. I noticed that bit with Guzma ranting to Kukui seemed to be a bit personal...

I don't know what I would've expected from an Alolan Raichu, but I certainly wouldn't have thought of giving it a surfer gimmick. It's thematically fitting, but I do question the choice to making it part Psychic-type instead of part Water. Plus I swear I've seen those same ears on another Pokémon before, although I can't remember where.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
So after spending awhile watching a ton of stuff on the new pokemon, I've come to the rightful conclusion this will be the first pokemon game I'm actually interested in purchasing myself. The hawaii theme and all of the new pokemon for the most part are super cute.

Bounsweet: It's cute, and I'm a sucker for cute. Hopefully it'll get good evolutions (maybe a dragonfruit? Dunno if we have any Grass/Dragons outside of Mega Sceptile, and quad-weakness to Ice aside it'd be pretty cool to have one of those).
It's based off a Mango Steem, so that in mind i'm wondering what it will evolve into. . .

Comfey: It's a lei. That's it? Seriously? Come on now.
...Still, Triage (makes healing abilities go first) looks neat.
It is based on the fact Leis are popular accessories in Hawaii. It makes sense why there'd be a pokemon for it.

7) Dancing bird thing looks stupid.
Sorry for nitpicking all your personal opinions but I personally think the birds are cute. They are cleverly based off of different dancing styles of regions.
Perhaps it's just me that liked them, though...

The sandcastle Pokemon:
There's a sandcastle now? That's so stu-
Ghost/Ground? A unique type combination? We're cool now... and it looks kind of adorable for some reason. I like this.
aaand now we're talking about the one I don't like.
apparently the translation for this one was it literally consumes the life force of pokemon and uses their grudges to reproduce.
Then again, pokemon actually has quite a bit of messed up stuff in it. I guess this one just made me even more uncomfortable than the rest.

AND NOW i'm going to stop quoting people from way back to be angry because I like what pokemon are based on and say-
I personally like this game so far, considering I've never been really into pokemon due to the fact it never really caught my eye. This once certainly is, and honestly the designs in it and what they're inspired by is really interesting for me.

I suppose the main problem is I'm feeling like a lot of people wont like it because "OH ITS DIFFERENT!" and I kinda don't want to finally love a pokemon game and then it happens to be the one that everyone and their families hates because it's 'different'. I hope that doesn't end up the case. Sorry if I repeated myself a bit there, but I kind of got lost in my thoughts.

Uh. So yeah. As someone with little experience with pokemon, I find it really thrilling they're doing so great at making it actually feel hawaiian. Thus: I very heavily appreciate all the new pokemon additions so far. I don't really care about their abilities or anything since for the most part i don't want to competitively battle them ever- i want to take care of them. That's what I want. I wish fighting wasn't even involved.

But of course, that's just me.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
So after spending awhile watching a ton of stuff on the new pokemon, I've come to the rightful conclusion this will be the first pokemon game I'm actually interested in purchasing myself. The hawaii theme and all of the new pokemon for the most part are super cute.
I agree, this gen is (mostly) cute as f***.

It's based off a Mango Steem, so that in mind i'm wondering what it will evolve into. . .
Probably a pure Grass-type. Maybe a Bug/Grass-type with a bug eating the fruit (dark, maybe, but Evil Sandcastles exist, so why not?). Still holding out for Grass/Dragon dragonfruit evolution, but with Alolan Exeggutor I'm okay with that not happening.

It is based on the fact Leis are popular accessories in Hawaii. It makes sense why there'd be a pokemon for it.
I know. I just saw it and kneejerked "really?" Maybe it was just too on-the-nose for me.
Probably didn't help that it got revealed in the same batch as Mimikyutest-thing-ever.
In hindsight, it's not so bad. Could've been much worse. Triage is still theoretically awesome.

Sorry for nitpicking all your personal opinions but I personally think the birds are cute. They are cleverly based off of different dancing styles of regions.
Perhaps it's just me that liked them, though...
It's cool, mate.
I rarely like the bird Pokémon anyway (Talonflame aside), and this one just hit all the nope buttons for me. Cool if you think it's neat tho, you're probably not the only one.
And thinking on it now, I'm actually kinda worriedish. Hopefully there's some way to get one island-specific type to stay that type on the other islands. I'd like that.

aaand now we're talking about the one I don't like.
apparently the translation for this one was it literally consumes the life force of pokemon and uses their grudges to reproduce.
Then again, pokemon actually has quite a bit of messed up stuff in it. I guess this one just made me even more uncomfortable than the rest.
Perhaps.
I just find the Evil Sandcastles more funny than anything. Sounds like something out of a really old horror movie. Like Attack of the Killer Tomatoes or something. I can't take it seriously.

AND NOW i'm going to stop quoting people from way back to be angry because I like what pokemon are based on
You were angry? You didn't seem angry. Maybe it just doesn't come across well in text.

and say-
I personally like this game so far, considering I've never been really into pokemon due to the fact it never really caught my eye. This once certainly is, and honestly the designs in it and what they're inspired by is really interesting for me.
I feel largely the same. The various designs and the things they're inspired by (Yungoos being an invasive species like Mongoose are in Hawaii, Bruxish being a triggerfish, Mimikyu being inspired by Pikachu's ridiculous 90's popularity, Alolan Vulpix being ice-type because it lives in a higher elevation where it's cold, Alolan Exeggutor being partly based on the Dragon Tree explaining its typing (though admittedly I read those last two on TVTropes, so I could be wrong), Alolan Sandshrew having grown an ice parka because it's a big fan of the Ice Climbers, etc.) are quite interesting, though at times I'm not the biggest fan of the exeggcution (mostly Oricorio (as I said earlier, it's just not my thing) and Mudsdale (I never liked Rapidash or Zebstrika either, so I'm not surprised that I don't like this horse either) tho).

I suppose the main problem is I'm feeling like a lot of people wont like it because "OH ITS DIFFERENT!" and I kinda don't want to finally love a pokemon game and then it happens to be the one that everyone and their families hates because it's 'different'. I hope that doesn't end up the case. Sorry if I repeated myself a bit there, but I kind of got lost in my thoughts.
I don't think you need to worry about that. People won't love it universally (there will always be those who want things to be more like the old games, probably), but it's a Pokémon game, so most people'll most likely enjoy it greatly, even if it deviates from the norm (which, from what I can tell, it's doing quite a lot of that).

Uh. So yeah. As someone with little experience with pokemon, I find it really thrilling they're doing so great at making it actually feel hawaiian. Thus: I very heavily appreciate all the new pokemon additions so far. I don't really care about their abilities or anything since for the most part i don't want to competitively battle them ever- i want to take care of them. That's what I want. I wish fighting wasn't even involved.

But of course, that's just me.
This is probably true.
I know about as much about Hawaii as I do about rocket science (which is pretty much nothing), but Sun & Moon feel like Pokémon in Hawaii to me so far, so it's probably doing something right.
I do like the battling though, so it definitely seeps into my thoughts when I see new Pokémon (mostly in the form of PLEASEBEGOOD when I see something I like aesthetically), but cute gets much farther with me (see: Mimikyu, Minior, Pyukumuku, Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Meowth, Alolan Raichu, I'm sure there are other examples) than battle viability (primarily since you can probably beat the Elite 4 & Champion with anyone if you're high-level enough and have enough Revives & Hyper Potions).

The I-just-wanna-take-care-of-my-Pokémon-with-no-fighting comment makes me wonder if some kind of Pokémon-Amie-as-full-game-but-with-Pokémon-contests-included-somehow might happen some day. I'd like it.
Also makes me wonder if you ever played Hey You Pikachu!, if only because it seems like it might be up your alley (I never played it, so I wouldn't know for sure, but I read about it in Nintendo Power way back when that still existed, and as far as I recall it was just playing with Pikachu with a microphone).

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
You were angry? You didn't seem angry. Maybe it just doesn't come across well in text.
Maybe "mad" was the improper term, actually.
I rarely get mad unless someone is trying to provoke me, so maybe slightly irritated works better? Conflicting opinions seem to do that to me sometimes.

Perhaps.
I just find the Evil Sandcastles more funny than anything. Sounds like something out of a really old horror movie. Like Attack of the Killer Tomatoes or something. I can't take it seriously.
It is funny actually, I just think the "origin" is a bit too morbid for my tastes, despite the fact I seem to love the "creepy hidden bosses" in kirby games.
That's.... yea, that's a bit weird. A weird sandcastle thing creeps me out yet Zero is just like "Cool!". Geez i'm kinda strange aren't I?

The I-just-wanna-take-care-of-my-Pokémon-with-no-fighting comment makes me wonder if some kind of Pokémon-Amie-as-full-game-but-with-Pokémon-contests-included-somehow might happen some day. I'd like it.
That sounds cute, I'd buy it.
I was gonna say more but it's really hot right now and I lost my train of thought haha.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Maybe "mad" was the improper term, actually.
I rarely get mad unless someone is trying to provoke me, so maybe slightly irritated works better? Conflicting opinions seem to do that to me sometimes.
That makes sense, haha.

It is funny actually, I just think the "origin" is a bit too morbid for my tastes, despite the fact I seem to love the "creepy hidden bosses" in kirby games.
That's.... yea, that's a bit weird. A weird sandcastle thing creeps me out yet Zero is just like "Cool!". Geez i'm kinda strange aren't I?
Well, maybe it's because Shirodesuna isn't a hidden boss. It's not hidden in any way, and I doubt it's gonna be a boss either (though with the existence of Totem Pokémon, maybe it will). It's just out there on beaches, being sand, stealing beachgoing mons' souls to reproduce (or something along those lines), scaring small children by taking over their sandcastles, tormenting people whose friends bury them on beaches, waving sand-hands angrily at the ocean, and soaking up the sun. Creepily.
No real effort is required to find it except for going to beaches (which it likely populates) or the ocean floor (if Dive makes a return, which I'd like to see), unlike Zero, where you had to earn your nightmare fuel through doing a bunch of sidequests.
Maybe that's what it is?

That sounds cute, I'd buy it.
I was gonna say more but it's really hot right now and I lost my train of thought haha.
That happens to me all the time! Except I just come back and spend hours writing a post, getting sidetracked by something, coming back and having a new thought, trying to make it work with the previous stuff I wrote, getting sidetracked again, coming back with more thoughts, putting them in the post, and if I'm lucky I remember what my original point was, and occasionally it'll just get eaten by the internet before I can post it.
Not something I'd recommend.

Also, Lurantis is great. Dunno if I said that elsewhere in the thread, but it's true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom