• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Pokemon moon and sun, who else is pretty hyped?

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Well, maybe it's because Shirodesuna isn't a hidden boss. It's not hidden in any way, and I doubt it's gonna be a boss either (though with the existence of Totem Pokémon, maybe it will). It's just out there on beaches, being sand, stealing beachgoing mons' souls to reproduce (or something along those lines), scaring small children by taking over their sandcastles, tormenting people whose friends bury them on beaches, waving sand-hands angrily at the ocean, and soaking up the sun. Creepily.
No real effort is required to find it except for going to beaches (which it likely populates) or the ocean floor (if Dive makes a return, which I'd like to see), unlike Zero, where you had to earn your nightmare fuel through doing a bunch of sidequests.
Maybe that's what it is?
True, true.
I suppose I just was moreso saying Zero wasn't scary to me, but this little sandcastle thing was just...
ok, maybe not scary.
Weird?

It mostly made me sad since, y'kno, my little pokemon need to live and be cute not get eaten.

That happens to me all the time! Except I just come back and spend hours writing a post, getting sidetracked by something, coming back and having a new thought, trying to make it work with the previous stuff I wrote, getting sidetracked again, coming back with more thoughts, putting them in the post, and if I'm lucky I remember what my original point was, and occasionally it'll just get eaten by the internet before I can post it.
Not something I'd recommend.
It happens to me moreso when it's hot as heck outside and I get stressed from the sun being right in my eyes to be fair, but also I relate to what you're saying here. That almost always happens to me.

Also, Lurantis is great. Dunno if I said that elsewhere in the thread, but it's true.
Yea! I think it's super cute especially since it's specifically based on an orchid mantis

it's so cute and flowery~

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
True, true.
I suppose I just was moreso saying Zero wasn't scary to me, but this little sandcastle thing was just...
ok, maybe not scary.
Weird?

It mostly made me sad since, y'kno, my little pokemon need to live and be cute not get eaten.
That makes sense.
I'd be sad if my Pokémon got eaten by Shirodesuna too.
Of course, then I'd catch the... um... non-evolved-Shirodesuna (forgot what it's called) that came from my Pokémon, so we'd kinda still be together, but still.

Also, weird question: What would happen if two Shirodesunas meet? Do they eat each other? Do they fight over beachfront territory? Do they torment beachgoers together, like a more effective, actually-malevolent-sometimes Jesse and James? If the latter, do they get an Alolan Meowth as their pet?

...Maybe I'm not creeped out by Shirodesuna because I keep picturing its villainy as mostly just trolling people on beaches, and not, y'know, eating unsuspecting Pokémon.

It happens to me moreso when it's hot as heck outside and I get stressed from the sun being right in my eyes to be fair, but also I relate to what you're saying here. That almost always happens to me.
Phew. I thought that only happened to me, haha. Glad to hear otherwise.

Yea! I think it's super cute especially since it's specifically based on an orchid mantis

it's so cute and flowery~
I'm usually creeped out by real bugs (especially spiders), but that is beautiful.
I'd probably be terrified if I saw one up close, since those arm-things look sharp from here and it'd probably be able to cut me, but from a safe distance it's pretty.
It really does look kinda like an orchid.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi

Here ya go, folks~
Some new info to discuss!

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'll admit, Alolan Rattata is something I could've lived without, much as I love the line itself. It's pretty harmless though, all things considered. But I have to wonder, why the bandito mustache?

I'll also admit, Snorlax's new Z-move creeps me out a little bit from how suddenly it raises its head and glows its eyes. That aside, the *** Nuke itself (as I'm dubbing it) really reminds me of Snorlax's attack in Smash Bros. Dunno if it's an intentional nod or if it's convergent concept evolution at work, but I dig it.

So not only does Raichu get a new form, it gets its own Z-move as well? An unexpected decision, fore sure; I'll be a bit miffed if it's exclusive to Surferchu, but I get the feeling that's the case.

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
referring to Type: Null:
"This Pokémon wearing a mask has been dubbed “Null,” meaning nothing.

The shapes of its front and hind legs are clearly different. The reason is that Type: Null was constructed to synthesize the strengths of various Pokémon, enabling it to adapt to any situation.

The mask fitted to Type: Null’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It’s extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null’s agility.

To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology."

we have a chimera Pokemon and i couldn't be happier. who made this Pokemon and what was this 'certain mission' that required the power equivalent to a legendary 'Mon? and which legendary Poke could it rival? i'm trying to find theories about this Poke but most people are content with just complaining about it's abnormal name... :/

UB-01 confirmed for Lillie? i'm a little surprised Gamefreak is implementing none-Pokemon creatures into what looks like a vital role in S/M's plot.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi

There were already early Coro-Coro leaks on this, but now here is an official trailer

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
NEWS: (Taken from Serebii).
The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Sun & Moon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them.
The name of the Pokémon Rockruff evolves into is Lugarugan and has a different appearance based on if it evolves in Day or in Night. It notes that Rockruff becomes the Midday Form when bathed in the rays of the sun and when full of the night's power, it becomes the Midnight Form. No types or further details have been given
There are also two Ultra Beasts called UB02, UB02 Beauty and UB02 Expansion.
---------------------------------------
New images of CoroCoro have come out showcasing more of Lugarugan. In it, it shows the Midday Form being obtained in Pokémon Sun and the Midnight Form being obtained in Pokémon Moon. It also says that Midday Form has a move called AccelRock, which is a priority move, while Midnight Form has got the move Counter. We'll bring more as it comes
------------------------------------------------------------------

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
In the ANIME section for Sun, and Moon. For those who have been sticking around with the anime like myself:
New animators, new designs.
I personally prefer the XY,Z already, but I am still excited, and am going to give it a watch.

Last edited:

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Evolved Starters, Plus Ash-Greninja, and a couple more new features!

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I finally preordered Moon! I really like the bat legendary so that one took the cake for me.

Magnus0

Pro Squid
Brionne is way too adorable.
big litten is way too generic. (not bad, just not very outstanding)
and Dartrix is waaaay too fab.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Brionne is way too adorable.
big litten is way too generic. (not bad, just not very outstanding)
and Dartrix is waaaay too fab.
I was almost tempted to get the water starter just for Brionne now, haha.
I agree that the litten evolution is too generic. :\

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Ew. They brought back mega kang. Why? It was extremely OP in VGC with parental bond, +2 power up punch, fake out, and not to mention it's ability screwed over focus sash users.

Anyway, I'm hyped about the starters, I think the mid stage for Litten isn't half bad.
Brionne I still don't get :/
Dartrix looking straight savage.

And I'm completely disgusted at Ash-Greninja. Just in case mega evolution didn't make pokemon look like digimon, they added a pokemon-human fusion.

Everything else looks great, finally those useless PC box pokemon can do something for once.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I think that in general they're just bringing back mega evolution for the sake of having more content. Who knows. I don't play competitive so i just like having fun with games- meaning ultimately I don't give a damn about stats.

Brionne is supposed to look like a stage performer of some assort, I believe. Either way, I think Brionne is the cutest but to each their own. Also I don't really care for ash-greninja but eh.

I'm not about to ramble about the things I overly hate- I'd rather wait until the game is out and I can judge then.

I will say the moon evolution of that one dog pokemon looks like a damn knuckles x shadow lovechild, and I don't want it.

There were already early Coro-Coro leaks on this, but now here is an official trailer
I really am happy beauty is gonna be in the one i'm getting. I hope I can catch her, she's adorable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom