• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Private Battles: All Are Welcome

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
'ello darlins~!

It may be Labor Day weekend in the US but we'll still have an open Private Battle session this Saturday at the usual 830pm EST. The main host for the evening will be our very own Bobble-chan inkling, @Ikaheishi!

But if the room is full, let us know and we'll gladly set up a second lobby.

Can't join us Saturday? Well we'll either have another Private Battle session on Sunday or a Turf War lobby takeover instead. Either way, you're welcome to join in!

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
'ello darlins~!

It may be Labor Day weekend in the US but we'll still have an open Private Battle session this Saturday at the usual 830pm EST. The main host for the evening will be our very own Bobble-chan inkling, @Ikaheishi!

But if the room is full, let us know and we'll gladly set up a second lobby.

Can't join us Saturday? Well we'll either have another Private Battle session on Sunday or a Turf War lobby takeover instead. Either way, you're welcome to join in!
Heeyyy, I'll be able to play this Sunday!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
@HeelPeach,

Sent you a friend request and a PM with a link to the server.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Wow I wanted to join but there's only S and S+ here :scared:
Pfft!! I only became S rank after I hooked up up with this group. There's no actual prerequsite or rank requirement to play with us.

Meanwhile there really are players from just about every rank among us, along with clan and non-clan members. And don't worry, we know how to pull our punches. *glares at the others* RIGHT?

p.s. At this moment I'm going to play Turf War for a bit. Anyone is welcome to join me.

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Wow I wanted to join but there's only S and S+ here :scared:
Don't let that deter you! We're focused on just having fun here! ;)

I was B rank when I joined! There's several members in the group that are B and C rank. Besides, rank doesn't necessarily mean that much about a player's skill, and it certainly doesn't say anything about when they earned that rank, or how they normally play…

And don't worry, we know how to pull our punches. *glares at the others* RIGHT?
I don't play as intensely as I could, and it's not my choice. My level of intensity pretty much mirrors what I'm facing. It takes a a pretty tough battle to get me playing tough. And if need be, I can always take a match less seriously, focus on a different playstyle, or try to use a weapon I'm not as well versed with.

If I could always play at my best performance and did so from the start, I'd probably only last a few matches before I'd burn myself out, and I'd then only be able to play once a week.

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
I've been thinking about joining this group for a while, but have been too shy to ask. After weeks of contemplating, I have finally gained the confidence to ask. May I join? :oops:

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
I've been thinking about joining this group for a while, but have been too shy to ask. After weeks of contemplating, I have finally gained the confidence to ask. May I join? :oops:
Yes!! Of course!!!! :)

I believe @DualQuelcher is the one that can add you to the conversation here on Squidboards. Or, if you use Discord, I can PM you an invite to the server.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
That would be nice, yes! Although I have Discord, I pretty much never touch it, so this'd be more convenient for me. And I'm not het, thanks for asking.
I meant to say hey, but I'm using my phone so I can't see the errors that I'm clearly making. I'll add you right now, but how active are you? Not that big of a deal, but we have had cases where we have 4 people who just stop posting for some reason and they take up space for other people. I do think you are pretty active as I have been on a couple of threads with you but still it would be nice just to know so that we know when you'll be aware of certain things happening in the message board. And sorry, I was away and I didn't see your post until now.

Last edited:

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I meant to say hey, but I'm using my phone so I can't see the errors that I'm clearly making.
Yes, I guessed.
I'll add you right now, but how active are you?
I'm on Squidboards a great deal of the time and play Splatoon daily, so reasonably so, I think. I may withdraw from the PM a few weeks from now when I move out for university, if space is an issue.
And sorry, I was away and I didn't see your post until now.
Yes, I guessed.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
Yes, I guessed.

I'm on Squidboards a great deal of the time and play Splatoon daily, so reasonably so, I think. I may withdraw from the PM a few weeks from now when I move out for university, if space is an issue.

Yes, I guessed.
Good guessing. You're in! I believe you know most of the people.

Alex A

Inkling
Hello! I'd really like to join. I recently reached S and I'd like some more experience before heading back into solo ranked. My NNID is JohnnyRingo14 and my Discord is AlexA07

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Hello! I'd really like to join. I recently reached S and I'd like some more experience before heading back into solo ranked. My NNID is JohnnyRingo14 and my Discord is AlexA07
Well what a kawinkydink! I'm seeking some more experience too. PM'd you the discord link and will add you to my friend list sometime later.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
*ding*
Order UP!!

This Saturday we'll have not one, not three, but two--yes two delicious private battles sessions everyone can partake in!

Exciting huh?

• First meal session begins around 12:30PM PT/3:30PM ET, which is also 8:30PM BST/9:30PM CEST

• Second meal session begins around 5:30PM PT/8:30PM ET, which is also 1:30AM BST/2:30AM CEST

Both sessions will be hosted by our bobble-chan chef, @Ikaheishi, so come on out and enjoy some calamari!

Almost OK

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ThinkAboutIt27
UPDATE: I'm no longer the contact person for this group, please contact @Ansible if you'd like to join it.
UPDATE: We now have a discord group. PM @Ansible if you'd like to be added to it.

Hey there.

Is anyone up for some private battles? A group of us (@Award, @Reila, and some people off-site originally, a lot more people now) have been playing private battles on the weekends and wanted to see if anyone else would like to join in.

Q&A

What ranks are you looking for?
Rank and experience level really don't matter. As long as you enjoy Splatoon and want to practice some of the ranked modes without worrying about losing rank points, you're welcome to join. The plan is to evenly distribute people based on rank to keep things pretty balanced, so it's totally fine if you're not a pro. I'm not exactly a great player myself, haha.

How big is the group?
Right now it's about 25-30 people, but there's not really a limit to how many people we'd like to have be part of it. Since people have different schedules and conflicts and stuff, we're always happy to have more people. Worst case scenario, we can just have a couple lobbies going at the same time or have two different groups or something.

When do you play?
So far we've played on Friday and Saturday nights, usually at around 7:30 p.m. CT (about 12:30 UTC). There's not really a set schedule at this point though, so if those days and times don't work for you, feel free to let us know and we should be able to work something out. People in the discord group also play at all sorts of different time, so it's totally fine if the weekend sessions don't work for you.

Is there a commitment?
No. We usually set up private battle sessions through the discord group and our group PM here. You can feel free to drop in and out whenever.

What do I do if I want to join in?
Just post in this thread or PM @Ansible for an invite link to the discord server. If you're not on discord, feel free to let us know and we can keep you in the loop via PM.
UPDATE: I'm no longer the contact person for this group, please contact @Ansible if you'd like to join it.
UPDATE: We now have a discord group. PM @Ansible if you'd like to be added to it.

Hey there.

Is anyone up for some private battles? A group of us (@Award, @Reila, and some people off-site originally, a lot more people now) have been playing private battles on the weekends and wanted to see if anyone else would like to join in.

Q&A

What ranks are you looking for?
Rank and experience level really don't matter. As long as you enjoy Splatoon and want to practice some of the ranked modes without worrying about losing rank points, you're welcome to join. The plan is to evenly distribute people based on rank to keep things pretty balanced, so it's totally fine if you're not a pro. I'm not exactly a great player myself, haha.

How big is the group?
Right now it's about 25-30 people, but there's not really a limit to how many people we'd like to have be part of it. Since people have different schedules and conflicts and stuff, we're always happy to have more people. Worst case scenario, we can just have a couple lobbies going at the same time or have two different groups or something.

When do you play?
So far we've played on Friday and Saturday nights, usually at around 7:30 p.m. CT (about 12:30 UTC). There's not really a set schedule at this point though, so if those days and times don't work for you, feel free to let us know and we should be able to work something out. People in the discord group also play at all sorts of different time, so it's totally fine if the weekend sessions don't work for you.

Is there a commitment?
No. We usually set up private battle sessions through the discord group and our group PM here. You can feel free to drop in and out whenever.

What do I do if I want to join in?
Just post in this thread or PM @Ansible for an invite link to the discord server. If you're not on discord, feel free to let us know and we can keep you in the loop via PM.

Hi! I'm new to Squidboards. It sounds like your group is exactly what I'm looking for. I'll contact @Ansible for more info, or if anyone else wants to reach out to me, I'd love to hear from you. I don't have discord, but I can get it. I hover around A/A+ rank when I'm playing against all Japanese players, but I climb pretty quickly into S when I'm playing against more local, N American players.

Almost OK
NNID: ThinkAboutIt27

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom