• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Private Battles: All Are Welcome

Bildge Rat

Inkling
Sounds like a good fit for me. Availability will vary, but would definately like to check it out.

Gamer tag in Splatoon is Bildge Rat
Discord : The Dude #9804
Gaming Style: Stalk and at times pretty Aggressive - based on situation.
Preferred weapons: OctoBrush or Tri-Slosher. Depending on maps or how I'm doing I float to other weapons as well.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
(Hey @Bildge Rat, sent ya a PM)

Blah blah blah, yakkity smackity--skip to around 3:40ish--tweaks to the three returning ranked modes!

Now before the current trappings of the current ranked modes become nostalgic laden memory, how about you tag along witj with the Spawn Point crew this Saturday, June 3rd in our weekly public private private public Private Battle sessions where anyone is welcome to join in as we roughhouse and fool around under the current rank mode stylings. All the excitement! Half the salt! And none of the rank points (or money >.>; ) on the line!

• First non-nostalgic session @ 12:30PM PT/3:30PM ET, which is also 8:30PM BST/9:30PM CEST
  • Second non-nostalgic session @ 5:30PM PT/8:30PM ET, which is also 1:30AM BST/2:30AM
Swim along and make some memories with us that we can all look back a year from now and say from our rocking chairs, "I remember in SploonOne in [insert rank mode] we couldn't ____. Squids these days have it easy!"

NNID
GamerBillingsley
Switch Friend Code
SW-0640-2504-5820
UPDATE: I'm no longer the contact person for this group, please contact @Ansible if you'd like to join it.
UPDATE: We now have a discord group. PM @Ansible if you'd like to be added to it.

Hey there.

Is anyone up for some private battles? A group of us (@Award, @Reila, and some people off-site originally, a lot more people now) have been playing private battles on the weekends and wanted to see if anyone else would like to join in.

Q&A

What ranks are you looking for?
Rank and experience level really don't matter. As long as you enjoy Splatoon and want to practice some of the ranked modes without worrying about losing rank points, you're welcome to join. The plan is to evenly distribute people based on rank to keep things pretty balanced, so it's totally fine if you're not a pro. I'm not exactly a great player myself, haha.

How big is the group?
Right now it's about 25-30 people, but there's not really a limit to how many people we'd like to have be part of it. Since people have different schedules and conflicts and stuff, we're always happy to have more people. Worst case scenario, we can just have a couple lobbies going at the same time or have two different groups or something.

When do you play?
So far we've played on Friday and Saturday nights, usually at around 7:30 p.m. CT (about 12:30 UTC). There's not really a set schedule at this point though, so if those days and times don't work for you, feel free to let us know and we should be able to work something out. People in the discord group also play at all sorts of different time, so it's totally fine if the weekend sessions don't work for you.

Is there a commitment?
No. We usually set up private battle sessions through the discord group and our group PM here. You can feel free to drop in and out whenever.

What do I do if I want to join in?
Just post in this thread or PM @Ansible for an invite link to the discord server. If you're not on discord, feel free to let us know and we can keep you in the loop via PM.
Hey I wanted to attempt to join in, but I can't usually play on the weekends.
Is that a major problem?
Also I prefer to not do voice and/or video chat.

NNID: GamerBillingsley

Thanks!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
No problem. No problem. No problem.

Members often suggest random turf war, squads, and private battles whenever they like throughout the week, the Saturday Private Battle session are useful consistency. Voice/video chat are never a requirement for anything amongst us.

Along with a friend request sent, here's a link to our with the group page here on Squidboards. I've also PM'd you a link to the discord server.

If you have any further questions or what-not, feel free to ask, yeah. =)

Ansible

Community Ambassador
So there's a countdown timer for the release of Splatoon 2!

. . .

At this moment we're at less than six weeks away. Six weeks. Weeks. ...

So-who-wants-to-play-Splatoon-1-for-now-while-we-wait-show-of-hands-please!

Okay then, well on any given Saturday, like this Saturday on June 10, the Spawn Point crew we'll be having their weekly public Private Battle sessions:
  • First session @ 12:30PM PT/3:30PM ET, which is also 8:30PM BST/9:30PM CEST
  • Second session @ 5:30PM PT/8:30PM ET, which is also 1:30AM BST/2:30AM
C'mon, it's a chance to play and roughhouse in rank mode without the worry of your rank standing, keeping up with a competitive team, or dealing with solo queue!

Besides, you've got less than six weeks until the sequel finally releases. Might as continue playing the first game with whoever you can!

Because we have almost six weeks.

Six. Long. Weeks.

That's longer than waiting in a solo lobby on a slow day!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Splatoon 2 E3 Private Battle Demonstration (Turf War, Rainmaker, Tower Control, Splat Zones):

The sequel may not be available yet, but if you have a WiiU and Splatoon [1] the Spawn Point crew does this sort of thing every weekend! And we'll be doing it again! Our next public Private Battle romp is this Saturday, June 17!
  • First public session @ 12:30PM PT/3:30PM ET, which is also 8:30PM BST/9:30PM CEST
  • Second public session @ 5:30PM PT/8:30PM ET, which is also 1:30AM BST/2:30AM

And not just for a mere twenty minutes, but a couple of hours. So if you're running late, we'll still be there. Room full, pfft, we can easily start another. Not into the competitive scene? Doesn't matter, we just want you to play just to play! Lacking a high rank or enough perk checks in the git gud? Hah, we can tone it down and you can get a helpful learning experience at the same time. Not part of crew? Bah, this is an open session, you're welcome to play all the same!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
It's not just ridiculous, but it's ree-doo-doo-donkulus!

Every name I on my WiiU friend list, and currently on my Switch friend list, all originate from playing Splatoon. I have to agree with reddit (and squidboards?) member hunterlurker's image assessment of his own WiiU friend list: "Good relations with the woomies I have" indeed.

So what comes from these relations? Well, some of them like to play in the Spawn Point crew's weekly public Private Battles—like the ones taking place this Saturday, June 24th!

• First public session @ 12:30PM PT/3:30PM ET, which is also 8:30PM BST/9:30PM CEST
What happens in these private battles sessions? Just some woomtastic battles is all! Turf war, rank modes, more ranked modes, and occasionally some mini-games, of course. And anyone is welcome to join. You don't have to be a Spawn Point member. You don't have to be on my friend list. You don't have to be competitive. You don't have to be S/S+ rank.

You just have to wanna play and have a woomy time!

Patrick1088

Inkster Jr.
NNID
patrick1088
Are you still looking? I am level 29 who is just starting to get into competitive. I'm good with Carbon Roller Deco and WasabI Splattershot. Definitely looking to have some fun and improve.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
YAY~ The board is finally loading for me once more!

@SplatoonSquid, sent you a friend request but you seems to have it set on disabled.

@Patrick1088, friend request sent.

Let me know if either of you need an invite to the discord server. =)

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
My nnid is neokrw. Please also add my alt nnid, whereisthecthulu. I would like an invite to the discord.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Awwww~ yeah!

We're only three weeks away from the Splatoon 2 release and it looks... it looks... uh...
(by kirukuris)
... looks... um... I'm sure they'll fix that before launch! ^.^;;

But while you wait, how about some of that original Splatoon for old time's sake, eh? Then you're welcome to jump in and play with the Spawn Point crew this Saturday, July 1st during our weekly public Private Battles sessions!

Enjoy all the blood-pumping excitement of rank battles with only a third of the salt! And maybe a some minigames or Turf War roughhousing afterwards.

Doesn't matter your rank, skill level, or competitive outlook so long as you're here to enjoy yourself! =)

And in the meantime, about Splatoon 2, I promise you, it'll be nothing like Sepia GO! (I hope...¬¬; )

Ansible

Community Ambassador

(by reddit user, imwithcake)

Only two weeks until left! So until then, how about some OG Splatoon just for a little longer?

You're more than welcome to play with the Spawn Point crew this Saturday, July 8th in fact, during our weekly Private Battles sessions!

• First OG session @ 12:30PM PT/3:30PM ET, which is also 8:30PM BST/9:30PM CEST
  • Second OG session @ 5:30PM PT/8:30PM ET, which is also 1:30AM BST/2:30AM

Low sodium-based ranked battles, maybe some minigame shenanigans, maybe even some turf war roughhousing afterwards! You don't even have to join the group, be a particular rank, or have a certain skill level. You just gotta have the desire to play and enjoy yourself.

Besides, if you're gonna play the Splatoon 2 Splatfest/Testfire next week, then moving on to Splatoon 2 the week after, why not make this weekend your last hurrah for OG Splatoon then! =D

Ansible

Community Ambassador
sploonmove.jpg

The tides they are a changin'~! So the Spawn Point crew is swimin' to a new shoal just a few waves over.

This means our regularly scheduled private battles will be on hiatus for the next couple of weeks. After all, Saturday July 15th is the Splatoon 2 Testfire/Splatfest (Testfest?) and the following Saturday July 22nd is day 1 of the Splatoon 2 global release. Of course, we'll also still be playing Splatoon 1 as well, so don't be shy to ask for a squad mate or turf buddies. We just won't have an "official" get-together for a couple weeks.

After that, we can reconvene!

But not just with Private Battles. Since we're all starting fresh with a squeaky, clean game and even cleaner records—we got some Turf War and Salmon Run play to be had, some League Battle practice for us, and even the occasional Splatfest team-ups! And it will all be glorious!

Hyped?! Excited?!

Join us!

Sansero

Inkling
Hey I would like to join you. Although there won't be an "official" get-together for the next couple of weeks as you stated there will be some people on the Discord to play Splatoon 1 with. So I would like an invite to the Discord.
My NNID is sanserogames
Thank you for organizing this. :D

Kisy

Inkling
NNID
Kisywisy
Hey I would like to join you. Although there won't be an "official" get-together for the next couple of weeks as you stated there will be some people on the Discord to play Splatoon 1 with. So I would like an invite to the Discord.
My NNID is sanserogames
Thank you for organizing this. :D
I still haven't managed to join any group to splat with. Add me!!

Nnid is kisywisy
Discord name the same (not used it yet)

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Didn't think I'd have to use this one again so soon:

Embargoes are gone. Reviews are popping up. Images are splashing my eyes. Chatter is drowning my feeds. And the countdown clock is almost at zero woomy hour!

The Spla2n Splatoon 2 global release is almost here and the Spawn Point crew's regularly scheduled public private battle sessions are in disarray! Disarray like me throwing a deck of cards into the air. Disarray like personality and cinematography of your local used car dealership commercial!

It should take us no more than a week—two tops!—to get ourselves in reorganized and hype to calm down. But in the meantime, everyone can still team up and play whatever and however they choose, as usual!—this is sort of like a weird mini-vacation where you can have fun... from having fun... whuh~?

We'll reconvene later and figure out how and when to arrange our play dates.

Myself, I'll be pulling back for the next few days. I want as little revealed to me as I can, so I'm going commando incommunicado briefly. BUT if you need to reach me then go ahead and contact me. And if you're trying to get a link to the discord server I will get you there!

But for now—I toodles~♪

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
To give people a heads up for next time, I'm going to be hosting Splatoon 2 private battles @ 5:30PM PT/8:30PM ET, 1:30AM BST on Saturday, July 29th.

If you're interested in taking part and I haven't added you yet, feel free to PM me here or post in the thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom