• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Private Battles: All Are Welcome

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
(old NintendoLife promo for a poster contest)

No, I don't have a problem. You have a problem! I can stop inking whenever I want... just not right now because the match is starting. ¬.¬;

And if you're also awake this Saturday you're welcome to splat it up with the Spawn Point crew at our weekly private battle sessions!
  • First session @ 12:30PM PT/3:30PM ET, which is also 8:30PM BST/9:30PM CEST
  • Then get something to eat, maybe take a nap, then superjump to a repeat performance
  • Second session @ 5:30PM PT/8:30PM ET, which is also 1:30AM BST/2:30AM
Doesn't matter your rank, skill, weapon, experience, or clan--if you want to get some play time in and enjoy yourself then swim on over and party with us!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Since it's Switchmas, it's time for our Switchmas Holiday Comedy Special
(pssst it's fake)

So have you banished that WiiU to a closet shelf or went ahead and buried it yet? No? Well then you're welcome to join the Spawn Point crew at our weekly private battle sessions!
  • Second session @ 5:30PM PT/8:30PM ET, which is also 1:30AM BST/2:30AM CEST
We'll help tie you over as you wait for that Splatoon 2 testfire, so come on in and join us. Every rank and weapon type welcome!

This is a non-competitve, no-stress-intended, rank battle play session for you to learn, practice, and even enjoy yourself through the simple art of just playing.

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
Do you have a Switch and want to take a break from Breath of the Wild? Are you Switchless and want a distraction?

Either way, you're in luck, because we'll be having another set of private battles this Saturday.
  • Second session @ 5:30PM PT/8:30PM ET, which is also 1:30AM BST/2:30AM CES
As always, all weapons, gear, and skill levels are welcome.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
The Nintendo Switch has been out for almost a month!

But it needs more cowbell squid...

That'll do kid. That'll do.

BUT(T, heehee ^^: ) even with Splatoon 2's Global Test Fire this weekend, Nintendo has to be Nintendo and Nintendo, the beta test is just a few one-hour Turf War sessions... Oh, Nintendo! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well then, while you're waiting for the next Test Fire session, don't have a Switch, or still enjoy playing Splatoon [1]—swim on by this Saturday, March 25th to play some ranked Private Battles with the Spawn Point crew!
Doesn't matter your rank, doesn't matter your skill, doesn't matter your weapon, doesn't matter if you're a free agent or in different clan, just superjump in and have some fun with us!

You know you wanna~♪.

Ansible

Community Ambassador

Oh~ho~! I take it you enjoyed that Splatoon 2 Test Fire last week, eh?

Too bad the full game isn't out yet...

BUT(t *giggle) until then, you can still play Splatoon [1]! onthewiiuofcourse

And when you decide to play, why not play some Private Battle matches with the Spawn Point crew while you're at it! No joke, we'll be playing this Saturday on April 1st:
Doesn't matter your rank, doesn't matter your skill, doesn't matter your weapon, doesn't matter if you're a free agent or in different clan, just super jump over for a bit of fun and shenanigans befitting such a day!

You know you wanna~♪

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Well we now have date for Splatoon 2 (7/21/17) and the addition of a "horde mode"!

credit: from Viantastic's twitter feed, who also makes a fun "Splatoon with 'x' game's sounds" on youtube

Yet until everyone has the chance to partake in such teamtastic follies three months from now, how about some Private Battles in Splatoon 1 with the Spawn Point crew?

Don't worry! I assure you we have AT LEAST 9/10ths of a clue what we're doing! (Except for me. I have about 8/10ths... maybe 8.5/10ths of a clue on a good day.)

So feel free to join us, this Saturday on April 15th, you'll get the chance to play with teammates a step above Octoling bots and even two steps above the general random ranked populace:
Rank, skill level, weapon-of-choice, group affiliation, and such-and-such doesn't matter if all you want to do is just play. Rank battles without all the stress of rank or competition.

So drop in and play with us for a while!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Saturday April 22nd—Welcome to another Earth Day! The last of however many until it's banned, we're all turned into trees, or succeed in phase one of creating a Splatoon world IRL.

So until either of those outcomes, celebrate Earth Day with the Spawn Point crew as we deploy giga-gallons of biodegradable, renewable ink to paint Inkopolis any color other than red!
  • First painting session @ 12:30PM PT/3:30PM ET, which is also 8:30PM BST/9:30PM CEST
  • Second painting session @ 5:30PM PT/8:30PM ET, which is also 1:30AM BST/2:30AM
Rank, skill level, weapon-of-choice, group affiliation, and such-and-such doesn't matter if all you want to do is just play. Rank battles without all the stress of rank or competition.

oh waiiiiiit... I normal put some sort of image or video in these announcements, don't I?

Okay, for the weekly motivational-or-whatever-it-is, here's a video from Michelle of Squidkids. No matter your rank, weapon, or play style—we all visit this place on occasion.(ma~any thanks to Michelle for making this)

(rated 'salty' for mild textual profanity)

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
Hiya, wondering if I could get involved, I literally just got discord today.

Rank - S
Discord user - RelicRaider
NNID - RelicRaiderULTD

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Heya, @RelicRaider. Went ahead and sent you an invite to the server, also a friend request. =)

Ansible

Community Ambassador

Congratulations kids! You've making it to the big times with that official crossover exposure.

Now before this franchise goes off the rails by the third sequel or the original is re-released during the coming 8K/VR/sooperdoopervison re-release craze--you know it'll happen--you're welcome divert a little time from Mario 8 Deluxe, turn on the WiiU, and play some OG Splatoon with the Spawn Point crew during our weekly open Private Battle sessions. ;-)

This Saturday April 29th!

(Timely enough, this Saturday I'll be attending a retro gaming convention. I expect OG Splatoon, and the WiiU, will be in attendance in the next few years. lol)

Ansible

Community Ambassador

Two more months until the release but no more than two more weeks until the semester ends for many of us.

So if you're one of those taking inals, mfaking finals, grading finals, waiting for someone in finals, or just not involved in finals whatsoever—take a break and play some Splatoon with the Spawn Point crew for a while because this Saturday on May 6th we'll be hosting our weekly, open Private Battles!

• First non-study session @ 12:30PM PT/3:30PM ET, which is also 8:30PM BST/9:30PM CEST
  • Second non-study session @ 5:30PM PT/8:30PM ET, which is also 1:30AM BST/2:30AM
And in case you feel nervous about playing with us: rank, skill level, weapon-of-choice, group affiliation, and such-and-such doesn't matter if all you want to do is just play. So drop on in for some rank battles without all the stress of rank or competition!

Ansible

Community Ambassador

So~ how long is two months again?

Well, at least until then there's still the first Splatoon to play on WiiU. And if you've got time this Saturday, May 20th then play for a while with the Spawn Point crew during our weekly, open private battle sessions!

We'll be whittling away a few more hours in our two month long wait for the sequel's release. So come and have some fun with us while we roughhouse in private rank matches. All the excitement without any of the rank loss! And it doesn't matter if your rank, skill level, weapon-of-choice, group affiliation, competition status, and what-have-you because it's all about enjoying yourself while lobbing ink at one another.

• First non-study session @ 12:30PM PT/3:30PM ET, which is also 8:30PM BST/9:30PM CEST
  • Second non-study session @ 5:30PM PT/8:30PM ET, which is also 1:30AM BST/2:30AM

It's okay to be shy, it's okay to be nervous, but if you wanna play then come on over and play! =)

Ansible

Community Ambassador
PM'd you a friend request and link to the discord server only because your name sounds delicious!!! and we're looking forward to eating meeting you! =)

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Video by Ryanator

So are you getting the inkling of a feeling your random, solo queue teammates may be plague victims? Need a bit of desalination from the rank grind while you're at it?

Well this Saturday, May 27th the Spawn Point crew will be having their weekly public private private public Private Battle sessions where anyone is welcome to join in as we roughhouse and fool around in the rank modes. All the excitement! Half the salt! And none of the rank points (or money >.>;) on the line!

• First non-selfie session @ 12:30PM PT/3:30PM ET, which is also 8:30PM BST/9:30PM CEST
  • Second non-selfie session @ 5:30PM PT/8:30PM ET, which is also 1:30AM BST/2:30AM

...and if you are a selfie plague victim... well, you can play with us too. We'll take a group selfie while we're at it!

Bildge Rat

Inkling
UPDATE: I'm no longer the contact person for this group, please contact @Ansible if you'd like to join it.
UPDATE: We now have a discord group. PM @Ansible if you'd like to be added to it.

Hey there.

Is anyone up for some private battles? A group of us (@Award, @Reila, and some people off-site originally, a lot more people now) have been playing private battles on the weekends and wanted to see if anyone else would like to join in.

Q&A

What ranks are you looking for?
Rank and experience level really don't matter. As long as you enjoy Splatoon and want to practice some of the ranked modes without worrying about losing rank points, you're welcome to join. The plan is to evenly distribute people based on rank to keep things pretty balanced, so it's totally fine if you're not a pro. I'm not exactly a great player myself, haha.

How big is the group?
Right now it's about 25-30 people, but there's not really a limit to how many people we'd like to have be part of it. Since people have different schedules and conflicts and stuff, we're always happy to have more people. Worst case scenario, we can just have a couple lobbies going at the same time or have two different groups or something.

When do you play?
So far we've played on Friday and Saturday nights, usually at around 7:30 p.m. CT (about 12:30 UTC). There's not really a set schedule at this point though, so if those days and times don't work for you, feel free to let us know and we should be able to work something out. People in the discord group also play at all sorts of different time, so it's totally fine if the weekend sessions don't work for you.

Is there a commitment?
No. We usually set up private battle sessions through the discord group and our group PM here. You can feel free to drop in and out whenever.

What do I do if I want to join in?
Just post in this thread or PM @Ansible for an invite link to the discord server. If you're not on discord, feel free to let us know and we can keep you in the loop via PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom