• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

PROJECT: Stage locations in the world of splatoon

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
Testing the custom dual squelcher, using squid beackon. I can see the sky tree tower for a split second, I can also see inkopolis tower. Telephone poles. City buildings. that's about it.

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
Testing the custom dual squelcher, using squid beackon. I can see the sky tree tower for a split second, I can also see inkopolis tower. Telephone poles. City buildings. that's about it.

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
If you play on Saltspray Rig (Or go to battle dojo to select the stage), go to the spawn point closest to the bridge. Now look under the bridge, and at the land in the background. If you have done it correctly, you should be able to see the dome buildings from port mackerel. Also, at the other spawn point, the one farther from the bridge, there is a figure at the very edge of the land that looks like one of the arcs from port mackerel. And one more thing. I want whoever is reading this to put that other stuff behind them and focus on this. In hammerhead bridge, you can see another bridge off in the distance. Notice how that bridge comes from the Inkopolis plaza side of the bay and ends at an island. Notice how the island is composed of a main land and one tiny other isle. Now look back at the bridge in saltspray. Guess where it comes from, and where it ends. A city, and an island with one tiny other isle next to it. Just something to put out there, not sure if any of it matters. There also seems to be another island with a city on it opposite from the bridge in Saltspray Rig.

Edit: I hope that none of this is correct, because if it were, that would mean a whole lot more work to do on this project

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
If you play on Saltspray Rig (Or go to battle dojo to select the stage), go to the spawn point closest to the bridge. Now look under the bridge, and at the land in the background. If you have done it correctly, you should be able to see the dome buildings from port mackerel. Also, at the other spawn point, the one farther from the bridge, there is a figure at the very edge of the land that looks like one of the arcs from port mackerel. And one more thing. I want whoever is reading this to put that other stuff behind them and focus on this. In hammerhead bridge, you can see another bridge off in the distance. Notice how that bridge comes from the Inkopolis plaza side of the bay and ends at an island. Notice how the island is composed of a main land and one tiny other isle. Now look back at the bridge in saltspray. Guess where it comes from, and where it ends. A city, and an island with one tiny other isle next to it. Just something to put out there, not sure if any of it matters. There also seems to be another island with a city on it opposite from the bridge in Saltspray Rig.

Edit: I hope that none of this is correct, because if it were, that would mean a whole lot more work to do on this project
Noticed the same thing. The brigde next to saltspray indicates that it's closest to inkopolis based on the other bridge you can see on hammerhead, but the stuff you see on the land indicates that it's next to moray towers, which is way on the other side. I think for now we should assume that it's closest to inkopolis and that the material seen in port are also on the inkopolis side.

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
I think for now we should assume that it's closest to inkopolis and that the material seen in port are also on the inkopolis side.
So there's 4 dome shaped buildings(two per side(Ikopolis or Moray side)) and 4 arcs(one on ikopolis and 3 on moray)

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
The one that's still throwing me off is urchin underpass. There's clearly a few highways above it, but i don't see the pattern above urchin when i look at highways from moray. For now i guess i could put urchin next to moray.
Spawn in moray recon on the side closest to the helicopter landing pad on the roof. Now look at the highway that runs under the main highway that you see(under and also behind). Trace it all the way until you are looking behind where you spawned. You should be able to see a similar highway pattern to the one found above urchin underpass. The building with the semicircle(half circle) glass top is blocking most of what you see. I think that (if you are looking from the angle that hammerhead is at) urchin underpass is right there, behind moray towers. And you just can't see it because of the hazy fog covering the ground. There might not be any fog in moray towers on splatfest, so we'll have to check it out then. Another clue is that there are no fireworks in urchin underpass on splatfest, so if there are no fireworks in that area(looking from moray towers), which I'm assuming there won't be, that could easily be urchin underpass.

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
Hey, sorry if I missed it, but have we found where Museum d' Alfonsino is located. I mean, it's obviously near the water, because you can see water in the background, but where? I would put it next to blackbelly. In blackbelly, you can see this area that looks like a park, but the path is made of the orange rubber used in running tracks. And in museum, you can see some mildly similar parks in the background. But it's just a guess.

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
Moving over to kelp dome and triggerfish and piranha pit, I would say that our best bet is to look at the shape of the mountain ranges, and mirror it to see which mountains it is behind. Because I think that there is one mountain range, but two sections to it. I will post a map that I've created shortly.

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
Sorry that I couldn't post the map yet, because my map was just proved incorrect due to a speculation in Bluefin Depot. Remember that post I made saying that bluefin was across from port mackerel? Well forget that. Upon inspecting bluefin one last time before marking it on the map, I noticed something. When you spawn in recon, ink the wall behind you and swim up. You will get a good view from here. See the lighthouse? Well check out what you can see in hammerhead. If you look to the left up top, you can see this same lighthouse. New map coming up shortly, I think there are five different cities in this world of splatoon.

Attachments

Last edited:

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
Just a little observation on Mahi Mahi, the ocean water seems to be the same shade of tropical blue as in arowana, and similar palm trees can be found in both.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Sorry that I couldn't post the map yet, because my map was just proved incorrect due to a speculation in Bluefin Depot. Remember that post I made saying that bluefin was across from port mackerel? Well forget that. Upon inspecting bluefin one last time before marking it on the map, I noticed something. When you spawn in recon, ink the wall behind you and swim up. You will get a good view from here. See the lighthouse? Well check out what you can see in hammerhead. If you look to the left up top, you can see this same lighthouse. New map coming up shortly, I think there are five different cities in this world of splatoon.
The lighthouse was one of the findings i was about to post actually. That findings post will likely be late sunday, 'cause i'm busy all day tommorow.

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
Here's my map. Pink is mountains. Feel free to share your version in the thread. I would like to see and compare other versions so we can pinpoint the locations on one final map. By the way, I used the drawing tool in Scratch to create this, so just know it's probabaly the best anybody could do. Sorry that I forgot to label hammerhead and octo bridges, just wanted to post tis and move on to more findings.

Note: Teal blue line under Inkopolis Plaza is the ferrris wheel.

Attachments

Last edited:

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
The lighthouse was one of the findings i was about to post actually. That findings post will likely be late sunday, 'cause i'm busy all day tommorow.
Also visible is what I'm positive is the city on the island seen in saltspray, a little behind the lighthouse. I was thinking about putting bluefin on either side of the bay, upon finding the lighthouse on the left of both sides, then realized that one is a water tank!

TynamoRoller

Inkling
NNID
Quacker5
Hmm, I'm a good secret-finder player with a good eye, mabye I could help!

Name: PSU*Meow
Squad: Party Squids United
Level: 38 (hyped to get Octo-Shot replica)
Mains: Krak-On Roller, Aerosprays (gone a little rusty on them), Brushes, Splash-O-Matic, and the occasional Dynamo
Splatfest Picks: PKM Blue, Go 2 SPACE, Get Rich.
(I live in Ireland, so y splatfests may be a little different.)

KoopaTroopa64

Senior Squid
So I was just messing around in Sheldon's Training area, shooting hoops with a bomb, when I found more evidence to support the telephone pole theory. In the training area, you can see some clouds that look exactly like the ones in flounder heights, plus the sun looks the same, too. So I created a map of just this little telephone pole theory. I will post the map shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom