Random balance changes you want

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't think there's any thread about this, so I'm making one.

What's a random balance change you want? It can be a buff, a nerf, it can be completely irrelevant, anything goes. The more niche the change, the better, I want to hear the most insignificant pet peeves get adressed.
I'll start:

Killer Wail 5.1: Now deals less damage to oppenents it's not targeting.
Dying to a killer wail that wasn't even aimed at you is so dumb, please fix it, or don't I guess, I don't really mind

Catloafman

Inkling Commander
Big Bubbler: Can now be used midair and when done so is placed under you
Reefslider: The startup is not delayed when used midair meaning if you jump with slider you get invincibility at the same time when used on the ground (the slider does not start moving till grounded)
Super chump: Now can be launched midair

Nothing feels worse than using these specials while jumping lets fix that

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Killer Wail 5.1: Now deals less damage to oppenents it's not targeting.
Dying to a killer wail that wasn't even aimed at you is so dumb, please fix it, or don't I guess, I don't really mind
YES. I die to killer wails that are targeted on other people more than ones on me. It's especially annoying because you can't tell who it's following so you don't know how you're supposed to move to dodge it.

s-blast: 55 minimum damage. It wouldn't do much but it would mean that people can't survive two indirects in a row. It doesn't happen often but when people hit the very edge, heal a tiny bit, and hit the very edge again, sometimes they don't die and it's very annoying. If I hit you twice, you should be dead.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Killer Wail 5.1: Tracking delay decreased by 5 frames.

A nerf that reduces how annoying the special can be into chargers and dualies without decreasing its overall threat level. I personally love the cosmic clone sort of delayed tracking the special has going for it, and I wouldn’t mind it being exaggerated, especially if it means the special is less effective when not followed up on.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Killer Wail 5.1: Tracking delay decreased by 5 frames.

A nerf that reduces how annoying the special can be into chargers and dualies without decreasing its overall threat level. I personally love the cosmic clone sort of delayed tracking the special has going for it, and I wouldn’t mind it being exaggerated, especially if it means the special is less effective when not followed up on.
I personally wouldn't want this. It would make figuring out who the wails are tracking even more difficult than it already is. But as a slow weapon, this would definitely make the ones on me a lot easier to dodge.

s-blast: 55 minimum damage. It wouldn't do much but it would mean that people can't survive two indirects in a row. It doesn't happen often but when people hit the very edge, heal a tiny bit, and hit the very edge again, sometimes they don't die and it's very annoying. If I hit you twice, you should be dead.
I debated whether I want this for range as well, but I think range doesn't need it. Yes it can be a little frustrating to hit two shots and not kill, but if you spend time between the shots then something else is going on because range tends to play more passively due to the blasts being further away. Not that range can't be aggressive, but s-blast has to be aggressive, so it's more common that you need to spend some extra frames swimming to get around cover or something. So it would make less of a difference for range. It's good enough already and there's nothing I would want to nerf to balance it out.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I have a number of other ideas, so I might have a few posts here.
Here are a few other changes I'd like to see, quickly:

Snipewriter damage reduced to 65.
Tri-Zooka indirect damage reduced to 50.
Splattercolor Screen being semi-transparent to the user's team.
Ink Vac being able to shoot once it's half full.
Squeezer's maximum fire rate being reduced by 2 frames; instantly balanced.
H-3 Nozzlenose's burst fire rate being improved by 2 frames; instantly balanced.
Bamboozler 14 getting 35 tap shot damage.
Wellstring getting a slight spread reduction at maximum range and/or having direct hits deal 45 damage at full charge.
Splattershot Nova getting perfect grounded accuracy.
All rollers' minimum vertical flick damage ranging from 55 to 80, because they're really hard to hit and don't feel impactful.
Bloblobber having less delay between its blobs (not mine but an excellent change).
Ultra Stamp losing speed the longer it stays in rush mode, alongside its hitbox fix.
And Toxic Mist's effects scaling more drastically for the first second of exposure.

I personally wouldn't want this. It would make figuring out who the walls are tracking even more difficult than it already is. But as a slow weapon, this would definitely make the ones on me a lot easier to dodge.
Exactly the point; making the special a bit stronger as an entry tool, at the same time reducing its effectiveness against slow weapons.
Killer Wail 5.1 is supposed to be strongest when used on multiple targets clumped together, anyway, sort of punishing poor positioning.
It seems like a fair trade-off.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Not sure how random these are but I still feel like these are very specific changes so I'll put them here.
  • Sloshing Machine: Ink consumption from one slosh decreased from 9.2% to 7.5%
  • Fixed the issue where object damage would still be in effect after Booyah Bomb is thrown.
  • Decreased Toxic Mist ink consumption to 55%

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Splattershot Nova getting perfect grounded accuracy.
Ohhh I really like this idea! Nova being inaccurate is kind of an unecessary weakness, it could totally be long splash.

I'll keep going:
Vanilla brella: 200p > 190p

I use this weapon in turf war, not even joking: the main is fun but this kit actually lets it paint a lot more.
This thing is literally hand in hand with vcarbon as the least used weapon in the game, how is it still 200p considering every other low tier got pfs buffs

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
Kinda hard to explain, when you use big bubbler under something, it makes it smaller, when it’s smaller, it has less health. I would make it so it has full health even though it’s small under something

briank913

Inkling Cadet
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
Here are some I can think of
-H3 end lag reduced.
-Ink Vac projectile can be fired at any time.
-Super Chumps can now be used as points of Super Jump.
-Reduce end lag in Dark/Light Tetra Dualies.

Cephalobro

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Reduce the damage of both Gals, this one is pretty much self-explanatory.

Reduce the duration of Ink Storm, the fact that just one use of this is enough to capture a zone is ridiculous.

Increase the time in which the Triple Splashdown is in the air, this is supposed to allow players to have more opportunities to escape being surprise splatted.

Pronouns
he/him
General:
  • Damage dealt to marked targets(eg by angle shooter, wave breaker, ect) is increased by 35%
    • All (sub/special ) weapons that make their target are currently underpowered. This buff reduces the damage needed to splat by 25%
Subweapons:
  • Angle shooter:
    • Ink cost down to 35% from 40%
      • This should allow it to actually be used three times in a row with only a reasonable investment in ink saver sub
    • Mark time on direct hit up to 10 secs from 5 secs
    • Mark time on contact with line up to 5 secs from 2 secs
      • This should increases the reward for landing a direct hit, and make hitting the line more threatening.
      • Even with the marking buff, it still cannot 2HKO players(deals
  • Auto Bomb
    • Is fine
  • Burst bomb
    • Direct damage down to 50 from 60
      • Burst bomb feels a bit too strong right now, and so should be given a small nerf to keep it in line with other subweapons.
  • Curling bomb
    • Now explodes on direct hit.
      • It can now be used as a weapon, as well as a mobility tool
    • Ink cost down to 55%, from 65%
      • This puts it at the same price point at autobomb, and allows it to be used more freely.
  • Fizzy bomb
    • Damage vs objects down to x2 from x3.6
      • Now is no longer such an effective option against objects, and is on par with lethal bombs
    • Ink cost up to 70% from 60%
      • Helps to tone it down in relation to other subweapons.
  • Ink mine
    • Reduced duration of ink mines down to 180 seconds from infinite.
    • Direct damage up to 60 from 45
    • Indirect damage up to 40 from 35
    • Max ink mines deployed up to 3 from 2
      • These changes will allow for ink mines to still effectively contest space and splat players even when not supported.
  • Point sensor
    • Now paints an area with a radius of 50 units on deployal.
      • This is the same paint radius as the ink mine, and helps to give it some more utility.
  • Splash wall
    • is fine
  • Splat bomb
    • Reduced inner blast radius down to 18 units from 36 units
    • Added a middle damage radius - 36 units radius for 50 damage
  • Sprinkler
    • Time in low power mode down to 21 seconds, from infinite
    • Sprinkler no longer degrades on death
    • Sprinkler no longer degrades when on friendly ink
      • These changes allow the sprinkler to stick around after death, while still being removable by low range team comps.
    • Sprinkler now targets towards enemy players in range
      • Helps with area denial
    • Now gains 1 HP upon firing a shot, up to a maximum to 240 HP
    • Initial HP on deploy remains 120 HP
      • This helps the sprinkler stick around longer without being too oppressive when deployed mid-combat.
    • Reduced bonus damage from object shredder down to 100%(double damage) from 900%(10x damage)
      • Why was this a thing in the first place.
  • Squid beakon
    • is fine
  • Suction bomb
    • is fine
  • Torpedo
    • is fine
  • Toxic mist
    • Direct hit on enemy will cause it to stick to hit player
    • It can be dislodged by switching to swim form, or by waiting out its duration
    • A player already in swim must transform out of swim form, and then back to swim form to dislodge it
      • This allows toxic mist to be more disruptive without (hopefully) being too annoying.

I was planning to also cover the special weapons now, but this post is long enough.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
General:
  • Damage dealt to marked targets(eg by angle shooter, wave breaker, ect) is increased by 35%
    • All (sub/special ) weapons that make their target are currently underpowered. This buff reduces the damage needed to splat by 25%
A lot of interesting choices but I don't think having marked targets take more damage is good for the game. There's already a ton of high damage weapons so having them kill even faster while knowing your position doesn't seem like a good idea.
It's also just unnecessary, Point Sensor is still a pretty good sub and its one use is for locating players while other options like Angle Shooter and Wave Breaker are weak for different reasons.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
What I think they should do to buff marker location is have the weapon a marked player is using be revealed on the map by a connecting line similar to those that let you know which teammate is which.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Reduce the damage of both Gals, this one is pretty much self-explanatory.
You want the Gals to be a 3 shot kill? That's no nerf, that's straight up deleting them from the game.

Cephalobro

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
You want the Gals to be a 3 shot kill? That's no nerf, that's straight up deleting them from the game.
It's a needed nerf so their subs and specials aren't nerfed, because unlike specific mains, the subs and specials affect other main weapons if they're nerfed.

Also, other slow-shooting weapons survived just fine without being a 3 shot kill.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
It is not needed at all. I don't think you understand the magnitude of how severe that is.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
It's a needed nerf so their subs and specials aren't nerfed, because unlike specific mains, the subs and specials affect other main weapons if they're nerfed.

Also, other slow-shooting weapons survived just fine without being a 3 shot kill.
I can understand the sentiment, but Splash Wall should be nerfed anyway.
I feel like it should be deployed directly in from of the user like a Squid Beakon, that way it’s still good on options like Z+F but worse on weapons like the Gals that use it to lock down space.

Cephalobro

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
It is not needed at all. I don't think you understand the magnitude of how severe that is.
So making a normally extremely dominant weapon not as dominant anymore is severe? Because last I heard, Splatoon 3's balance issues come with certain combinations being too dominant. Why do you think Nintendo tried to indirectly nerf the Snipewriter by nerfing its special? Because the Snipewriter became too dominant once people had figure out how good it is with that special. Some Splatanas got nerfed because they began to become too dominant as well.

Cephalobro

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
I can understand the sentiment, but Splash Wall should be nerfed anyway.
I feel like it should be deployed directly in from of the user like a Squid Beakon, that way it’s still good on options like Z+F but worse on weapons like the Gals that use it to lock down space.
Honestly, the first mistake was pairing the Gal with the Splash Wall because that contributed to the weapon becoming too dominant, but the weapon itself was already too good even without the Splash Wall, especially how most maps in the game force players into narrow spaces, contributing even more to the Gal's dominance. If most maps didn't have such spaces, then it wouldn't be that dominant and could be countered with some strategy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom