Ranked Battle (Splat Zones, Tower Control and Rainmaker) Discussion

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
I
t's one of my favourites, too. The enjoyment of it is how well you (not your team, don't be a blamer) do in the neutral game. That one middle platform is pretty much a be all, end all, and that's what I love about it.
I haven't once stood up on that middle platform... I've always been down below, circling it and leaving bombs in the zones. Seems to work like a charm.

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
The game types rotate ;-; lol why Nintendo.... why? I don't wanna wait 4 hours everytime to play the gametype I wanna play. Horrible decision, I hope it'll be fixed to choose the gametype.

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
since tower control is very hectic and splat heavy, what do you guys think about death related gear in this mode? Most specifically stuff like Comeback, Special Saver and Quick Respawn. Are these overall more worthwhile?

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
I have three quick respawn subs on my one head piece that is useful, but I don't use it much because it has Primary Ink Saver, which I don't care for. I'd rather have a Run Speed main perk since I'm a Roller main.

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
I have three quick respawn subs on my one head piece that is useful, but I don't use it much because it has Primary Ink Saver, which I don't care for. I'd rather have a Run Speed main perk since I'm a Roller main.
I don't think Run Speed actually affects how fast you roll...

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
are you for real? As a dynamo user, I'd figuratively kill to have that hat! run speed is not useful for rolling because rolling speed is constant.

Power

Inkling Commander
since tower control is very hectic and splat heavy, what do you guys think about death related gear in this mode? Most specifically stuff like Comeback, Special Saver and Quick Respawn. Are these overall more worthwhile?
For me, I do not actually die much during tower control (for most battles anyway) I average around 3 -5 deaths total. So I would not find these abilities to be as useful for me. However, other abilities that were useful in other modes, such as cold blooded and maybe the ninja stuff are not as useful in tower.

Tenacity imo is very useful as your mates will be dying left and right, which is what I switched to over a damage up main with 3 special duration subs.

Ink resistance shoes are still a must, for me, especially since a common version is one with the krakon on brand, making 3 swim speed up subs on it much easier to get. (thank u snails, altho I stopped pushing my luck with 2.)

I got a little off topic there. For tower my mains would be tenacity, ink resist, and possibly the one that increases your stats upon respawn (not sure how much it raises), so death related gear has some importance in this mode.

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
Does anyone feel like Tower Control is the mode that redeems the Rapid Blaster?

-Has enough range to generally avoid risking splats from attempting to dislodge rollers from the tower.
-Easy to hit people on the tower period
-Can dislodge snipers when needed
-Normal has mines which are always good for planting on the tower, or the battlefield amidst the chaos, plus a bubbler to help your teammates stay alive.
Deco has suction bombs to more easily scare people off towers and the rush to beat back an enemy offensive.

I've also gone on a 16-5 run with this.

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
Tenacity imo is very useful as your mates will be dying left and right, which is what I switched to over a damage up main with 3 special duration subs.
but the enemy team dies constantly as well, and tenacity relies on the differential between both teams' deaths. I don't see how tenacity should be more effective in this mode

Thebluehero

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
YoloSwaggie
but the enemy team dies constantly as well, and tenacity relies on the differential between both teams' deaths. I don't see how tenacity should be more effective in this mode
And you will be dying a lot, too

Power

Inkling Commander
Oh really, I forgot about that. I simply thought it was when your teammates died. My bad.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
I thought is was when someone disconnects... Which is why I thought that ability was absolutely pointless.

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
This would be the first game I'd know of that allows optional perks in case of technical failure.

I'd be interested to know if Tenacity works all the time if your team has a disconnect though

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
I believe I rmemeber a case when a team member of mine began the match with a full special because we were 3v4 at the start. Sent an ink strike to the opposing base right off the bat. Terrible place to put it but I'm sure it killed someone lol.

Njok

Bouncer
I don't feel Ninja Squid is that usefull in TC right now since it's so hectic that it's definately possible to sneak up on people without it. Also your swim speed is much too important here to be taking a penalty on it imo.

For the roller i'd say better go with damage up, since it essentially gives you better range. It doesn't literally, but the drops from flicking are going to be stronger when landing, possibly killing from a range that would not kill before the damage up perk.

By the way is the random rotation of game modes confirmed? As far as i can tell so far it seems to just switch. So its always the same mode on the same times. Might just be coïncidence (hope so).

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
I dunno if this has been mentioned but people seem to be under the impression that someone HAS to be on the tower when it is on the defending side of the map. Once you've cleared out enough people, simply jump onto the tower to start its automatic journey back to the center and jump off to get a better advantage of movement. Once it's back to the center, that's when you jump on. Hope this helps people.

Also, screw Saltspray Rig... The path is just absurd... I've never won a single TC match on that map.

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
I dunno if this has been mentioned but people seem to be under the impression that someone HAS to be on the tower when it is on the defending side of the map. Once you've cleared out enough people, simply jump onto the tower to start its automatic journey back to the center and jump off to get a better advantage of movement. Once it's back to the center, that's when you jump on. Hope this helps people.

Also, screw Saltspray Rig... The path is just absurd... I've never won a single TC match on that map.
I'm in the minority, but Saltspray is my favorite map on TC, sure it doens't use like half the map, but's so close quartered, with lot's of platforms at various heights, idk. I find it fun

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
I'm in the minority, but Saltspray is my favorite map on TC, sure it doens't use like half the map, but's so close quartered, with lot's of platforms at various heights, idk. I find it fun
I agree with this. Saltspray is my favorite TC map by far. It's got a lot of cool stuff going on, and the absurd path is a huge plus to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom