• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ranked Battle (Splat Zones, Tower Control and Rainmaker) Discussion

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
Saltspray is probably the best map I've played on TC because the tower doesn't really go through chokes, and its path keeps it closer to both spawns than other maps. The layout, death pits and all, makes it really interesting. Kelp Dome on TC is also nice.

I'm still not fond of the mode but I'm disliking it less. Rapid Blaster Deco is pretty good for covering fire imo.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
You guys are crazy. I am the one to die the most frequently on Saltspray TC. So when I get fed up with trying to take the tower, I stand back and shoot people. Whatever method I try, it's always a loss... I don't understand haha.

Sitri

Full Squid
NNID
SitriStahl
I'm in the minority, but Saltspray is my favorite map on TC, sure it doens't use like half the map, but's so close quartered, with lot's of platforms at various heights, idk. I find it fun
I posted a few pages back how TC seems to work best on maps that aren't just a straight path into the enemy spawn. Dome, Skatepark, and Rig are great examples of this. They allow you more options than "hold forward and get on the tower".

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Saltspray TC is chaos. I'm still not sure if I love it or hate it.

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
I posted a few pages back how TC seems to work best on maps that aren't just a straight path into the enemy spawn. Dome, Skatepark, and Rig are great examples of this. They allow you more options than "hold forward and get on the tower".
Those maps sound like fun, I haven't played them yet, sadly, stupid job Q.Q

Shalnark

Full Squid
Does anyone have advice for winning in splat zones when you have teammates that superjump to their deaths while the enemies are in control?

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
Does anyone have advice for winning in splat zones when you have teammates that superjump to their deaths while the enemies are in control?
If you don't have a smart team in Splatoon, you simply aren't going to win unless the other team is also stupid. C'est la vie.

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
I've played a lot since the release of Tower Control and I haven't even had a chance to play two of the maps it's so strange.
I've not seen Bluefin Depot and Blackbelly Skatepark in Tower Control yet, anyone else ran into similar occurrences.

Also in A+ in Splatzone matches we get matched from time to time with a solitary B+, must be tough on that guy to get into that type of lobby. I've never seen a solitary A/A- player

Njok

Bouncer
This actually happened to me alot. Also yesterday i was in a room with 4 C+, 3 B+ and 1 A. Must have been a very slow night.

By the way, did i miss an update? Yesterday i lost a match in TC due to 1 teammate disconnecting at the start and lost only 1 point. Didn't this used to be 10 points?

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
This actually happened to me alot. Also yesterday i was in a room with 4 C+, 3 B+ and 1 A. Must have been a very slow night.

By the way, did i miss an update? Yesterday i lost a match in TC due to 1 teammate disconnecting at the start and lost only 1 point. Didn't this used to be 10 points?
It's been like that for several weeks actually. I remember the very first day Port Mackerel came out, this happened to me and only lost a point.

Njok

Bouncer
Ok, good to know. However, that seems to be pretty random than because i clearly remember losing a 1 vs 3 battle in tower control and still losing 10 points anyway.

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
To chime in on the TC discussion, I think Walleye Warehouse is the best. It's linear, just how a TC map should be in my opinion, and it's small, making it easier for instant comebacks.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
I couldnt play when tower control first came out. And I had hardly played before that. Being rank C. While I'm still learning the game, I've struggled with splatzone, I had a major session and my wins and loses were near equal. But when tower control came around, it just clicked and I won like 13-2.

I really don't like the four hour changes / rotation. It should be one/two hours.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
To chime in on the TC discussion, I think Walleye Warehouse is the best. It's linear, just how a TC map should be in my opinion, and it's small, making it easier for instant comebacks.
Walleye Warehouse is the best map just in general. It's my favourite Turf War, Splatzone and TC map. I have an eerie feeling it'll be my fav Rainmaker map too...

I really don't like the four hour changes / rotation. It should be one/two hours.
That would be way too short imo. People would barely have any time to get on nice win streaks.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
Walleye Warehouse is the best map just in general. It's my favourite Turf War, Splatzone and TC map. I have an eerie feeling it'll be my fav Rainmaker map too...

That would be way too short imo. People would barely have any time to get on nice win streaks.
It's not like games are 20/30mins long. You can play at least 12 games an hour minimum. 24 in two hours, it's more than enough. Four hours on the same game mode and just two maps is tedious and I felt this from just the first time I played six hours straight. I was stuck playing splatzone, which I was winning and losing games. And both times playing tower control either side of that I was 10-2. Them four hours were frustrating, but I wanted to play ranked.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I know this is unpopular, but I think how they handled the Splat zones for Moray Towers was amazing. Putting just one in the center would not only be sniper land, but also kinda boring.

Putting two mini zones makes it more interesting and requires more strategy. Even if people are overwhelmed now, when we get private lobbies, we can start involving voice chat and actual strategies, so this map gives a lot of room for experimentation.

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
I was actually really hoping to see Moray Towers in Splat Zone, but it's Tower Control right now. TC is kind of a pain for it since the tower travels around the side of the stage, making it hard to bail off of when things get rough.

Milo

Inkling
NNID
ValkyrieRT
The things I would do to have be able to choose what made you want for rank at any given time *-* (Eternally hates Splat Zones)

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Seeing how it is obvious who wins in splat and tower, does anyone wish Judd performed his animation from E3? Like instead of putting both hands behind his back, he just puts the one on the side who won behind his back then whips it out.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I know this is unpopular, but I think how they handled the Splat zones for Moray Towers was amazing. Putting just one in the center would not only be sniper land, but also kinda boring.

Putting two mini zones makes it more interesting and requires more strategy. Even if people are overwhelmed now, when we get private lobbies, we can start involving voice chat and actual strategies, so this map gives a lot of room for experimentation.
Agreed but I just think the zones are too small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom