• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

RP Ideas? Post Them Here!

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
By "alternate Splatoon world", i mean a Splatoon-based RP, with a couple changes, like most of the RPs here.
"Keep in mind Splatoon has nothing to do with this"
Read these side by side. If you are confused, then you aren't alone. I am confused. What do you mean? Is it Splatoon based? Or is it not?

@Right Whale I am intrigued. I am further tempted by the fact that I don't have to be a GM anymore. I might join. And I promise not to make a sociopath this time.

Scarfking

Inkling
NNID
christian
@Rustic

By "alternate Splatoon world", i mean a Splatoon-based RP, with a couple changes, like most of the RPs here.

Anyway, heres a general synopsis of my RP (Keep in mind Splatoon has nothing to do with this)
A select few of the population in a mideavel setting are recruited by the king to undergo training in a special training ground, far away from anything, in special disciplines to become the nation's peacekeepers. I'll provide a more detailed explanation if someone's interested.
Sorry, i couldve been more clear.

The first paragraph was a response to Rustic, explaining to him what i meant by an alternate Splatoon world. This was intended to be separate from my RP synopsis, in the second paragraph, and i tried to make that clear by putting "Splatoon has nothing to do with this". Sorry for the confusion.

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
I was told that it would be better to post this here.... So.....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everybody! I've just thought of something that I thought was cool and felt like sharing.
...And... HEY! Maybe with enough support, I might go and make it a thing. So, here goes.....

Time: Unknown
Date: Unknown

It's far into the future of Inkopolis.... FAR into the future. Inkopolis has evolved into a land of electronics, gizmos, flashing lights, colorful buttons, and many other fancy future-type things. It all started on a day just like any other. The streets were bustling with people trying to get to work and robots trying their hardest to get people to follow the speed limit. Inklings were at play with their fancy new weapons equipped with only the finest and updated technology that was available. (You'll have to use your imagination to fathom that much concentrated pure-awesomeness.) Not to mention they all had programmable robots to help out too, whether it be chores, shopping, or even out on the battlefield. Yes... Robots. But then, suddenly a bright flash of light occurs. Sparks fly, power goes out, and even Turf Wars come to a halt. There, just atop NEW Inkopolis tower, lays an ominous spinning vortex.... Probably of death. Just as the townsfolk fear the worst, out pops what they could faintly make out as a living creature.... Then another, and another, and.... a rock.... The vortex wasn't a spinning vortex of doom, it was a spinning vortex of TIME! Spewing out anything that was unlucky enough to be sucked inside and sent to this perilous new time period. After a long time of spewing things from the past onto the top of New Inkopolis tower, the time vortex disappears, without a trace. The only problem now, is that the the world is starting to crumble and compress upon itself due to a large fluctuation in the time stream. It seems that too many people and things from different time lines all thrown into the same place is a bit too much for the universe itself to handle. So now, with the help of the brilliant future scientists, citizens, .... and yes, robots, the creatures of the past search for the answers to:
"Why did this happen?"
"How do we get home?"
and...
"WHERE THE HECK IS THE BATHROOM?!"
"What are we supposed to do now?"

The search is on to find a way to send them all home. How will their actions in the future and absences from the past affect the world around them? How will they all adapt to their new surroundings? Most importantly.... WILL THEY EVER FIND A BATHROOM? How will they get home? These answers and more..... are up to YOU!*
Disclaimer: It is up to anyone who participates. Not just one sole user. Sorry, can't have just ONE person stealing all the glory.
Well, what do you guys think? It's an interesting idea right? Remember, it's just an idea and not a literal RP..... But... It could be.....
So, just tell me what you guys think. If enough people actually want to do this, then I'll see about setting something up.
Thanks, everyone!

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
[See the full "trailer"]

Thirty years after The Great Zapfish Incident, Inklings and Octolings have reached a tentative treaty. Under this newfound peace, integration of the two races began and despite prejudice on both sides, the races managed to work together to build a better future, sharing ideas, arts and technology.

It seems, however, that something is against this newfound peace. Throughout the lands, monsters commonly called Ink Horrors have begun to pop up, creating chaos everywhere. These oddly tough humanoids have begun to destroy seemingly without rhyme or reason with their odd supernatural abilities. The police do what they can, but it takes everything they have to keep the terrors at bay.

In what appears to be an unorthodox attempt to solve this problem, a small school has opened up, calling itself the Luella Project. Accepting only a handful of students, they offer a world of potential.

Free education.

Government grants.

...Psychic power.

Of course, the moment they enter the school they sign away their rights. Their life, for the duration of their education, is uninsured. Fighting the Horrors is a dangerous job. Liabilities cost too much.

Are you willing to pay that price for power? The power to save your world from destruction?

---

The Luella Project: The Combat RP

The Luella Project is an upcoming Splatoon fighting RP created by @ReedRGale and myself! This anime-inspired, “power” RP will focus on fighting and writing, and follow an entangled plot with a colorful cast of characters.

In the styles of animes like Soul Eater and RWBY --with some inspiration from Fullmetal alchemist, and the father of school systems, Plato-- players will be able to play as an Inkling or Octoling, and attend the Luella Institute. There, characters are to design an ink-based special ability and take missions battling horrors. Join a team of your classmates, PC or NPC, and discover their stories, as you write your own.

Now, making RPing fight scenes is easier said than done and this is where the second focus of this RP comes in: writing improvement.

Writers and roleplayers of any level are welcome to join this RP as long as they are willing to give this RP noticeable effort. In fact, “Improved writing” --meaning gradually getting better in grammar, style and appropriate length-- awards players Karma. Collecting Karma gives in-game bonuses like making rolls more successful. Simply put: if you put effort into your writing, your character will do better.

To every RPer, there are additional chances to earn Karma with challenges and style bonuses. Missions may have special instructions, like writing in a different point of view or including certain subjects, where Karma can be earned just by attempting them.

If you don’t understand the writing concept we’re referencing, that’s okay! We’ll do our best to describe the concept so that no one is left in the dark, after all no one plans to be “grading” writing, we’re just seeking to create something fun to read!

This RP still requires some planning aaaaand some testing (we’re not done yet), but when it’s complete, it’ll be open for 4-8 players.

When the time comes, we hope some of you will consider applying to Luella Institution.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
I have a idea, but there's a lot of rps already and I don't know if anyone will join :confused:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Pretty sure there's plenty of people on both the forum and the Discord who would be willing to join your RP, Yin. You've yet to ask.

Tofuvia

Inkling
NNID
GrudgeQueen
Switch Friend Code
SW-3972-9557-5781
I wonder if this still gets any action? Anywho, my idea is a bit lackluster, but that's what collaborations are for.

A hunt for the Zapfish!

Two squids from two classes come together to find the Zapfish on request of the Squidbeak desperate plea, but as they try and solve that problem they may have discovered another?

Alrighty, now that I have your attention lets put a little more detail on my carp-tier idea! My squid goes by the name Alika Adlet, online as Tofu, and is a pretty rich squid who grew up in a pretty decent home. While yours grew up in a more shady part of town and has more street smarts than book smarts. Though we both have what it takes to be the next agents for Squidbeak and to get back the Zapfish after it staying wrapped around that tower for the last 50 years. Octavio and Captain are long gone with the great Zapfish in the sky, so what's the zapfish being used for?

Well, Octo Valley is a little (a lot) tighter with security, throwing in their elites with their grunts and the sound of machines is echoing through the valley, more than usual even.

It looks like they're using the Zapfish to start another war!?

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Well this sounds like a great idea, but you might want to tweak it so more people can join. I would join this!

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Tweak it howso? This is just a quick description of the idea, not really a starter. :scared:
Oh wow i forgot this was the suggestions thread. :oops: Anyway I was trying to say that the way that you set up there could only be 2 people.

Tofuvia

Inkling
NNID
GrudgeQueen
Switch Friend Code
SW-3972-9557-5781
Oh wow i forgot this was the suggestions thread. :oops: Anyway I was trying to say that the way that you set up there could only be 2 people.
That's how it was intended since group roleplays tend to either die out or are really slow. Or is the roleplay forum only group roleplays?

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
No they're not group only. Also I see your reasoning and understand now. If this becomes a actual rp I call dibs on the spot :P

Pix

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Pixxyofflames
Switch Friend Code
SW-0436-5764-8697
I'm not sure what types of ideas are here already, but I thought up something that might be pretty fun.

An academy... For squids, octopi, and all sorts of species to become idols. Or bands, but the academy's claim to fame is idols and forming an image based on what students want to aim for. Pairing up people who normally wouldn't go together and have them get along, make an image for themselves, and when the academy's done teaching, full-fledged pairs and bands get releases into the world.

Of course, there would have to be issues along the way, but mainly, it would be these fish learning how to idol, how to music, and trying to get along with other students. Ill need to come up with other ideas for threats to the well-being of the academy.

Ill need a name for the academy, before I make the recruitment thread, but this is my idea. How does it sound?

[Edit: sorry for reviving this, but I had an idea I wanted to share, and someone stated the rp board was dying, so... I'm sorry, ill delete if you want me to.]

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
That's a interesting idea! It would make a good idea! I would join this if some more people joined. How many are you looking for?

Pix

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Pixxyofflames
Switch Friend Code
SW-0436-5764-8697
Probably four at the very least, though more could probably join. Its a school for groups of people to become talented at music, I imagine it'll probably be a bit more than four for more group dynamic and drama. The max I would go for would probably be... 8? 4 duos, or 2 duos and 1 band, or maybe a few singles and a band. It'll probably depend on the rpers of the applicants to the school!

Hi there i got idea.My idea is We as inklings invade take over g4 mlp.If you guys want do my ask me i will be happy do this idea

Itchy

Inkling
aight a COUPLE OF ideas:
a casual school for inklings, could be completely turf-war based or can be traditional with math and history and all that useless garbage am i right
another idea:: splatoon gang rp, some fish is gonna get CUT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom