• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Seabagging general

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I only squidbag when someone squid bags me or if it's my friends.... or if it's a SQUID PARTY YAY!

robosteven

Inkling
NNID
robosteven
The only taunt-like-thing I'll ever do is when I get multiple splats and have time (and safety) for this:

Praying for their souls: Lowering my Inklings head via motion contol.
Squid Dancing: Jumping out of ink as squid and spining around in the air with the control stick.

They take time and are cute.
Spinning around while holding a Killer Wail is hysterical.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
I mean, depending on who you are it is a bad thing. It's important to put yourself in someone else's shoes.
That is true, but the animation is so silly, I'm not even sure how one gets mad at it. It seems like it's something you shouldn't get mad at. That's stress for, IMO, no real reason.

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
That is true, but the animation is so silly, I'm not even sure how one gets mad at it. It seems like it's something you shouldn't get mad at. That's stress for, IMO, no real reason.
I dunno, I haven't picked up Splatoon in 2 weeks so I feel like I am no longer an authority on the subject and I really can't be arsed to conjure up a good counter argument so you win congrats

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
That is the point. If they squidbag you, squidbag them back.
Well, that's kind of like an Eye for an Eye; just because somebody hits you in the face, so you have to hit them back? As soon as they hit you, that's assault, but if you him them back it's a fight. There are more legal advantages to just walking away.

I'd rather keep doing what I'm doing and just let the other guy squidbag himself into insanity.

U N Nown

Inkster Jr.
Well, that's kind of like an Eye for an Eye; just because somebody hits you in the face, so you have to hit them back? As soon as they hit you, that's assault, but if you him them back it's a fight. There are more legal advantages to just walking away.

I'd rather keep doing what I'm doing and just let the other guy squidbag himself into insanity.
I see your point, and In real life I would just have him arrested for assault and let the system do him up, but in game it just seems too good to pass up, after you take them out, of course

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
I see your point, and In real life I would just have him arrested for assault and let the system do him up, but in game it just seems too good to pass up, after you take them out, of course
Hey man, you do you.

Recettear

Full Squid
NNID
anrakutei
It's blatantly disrespectful and I don't think anyone could justify it. It's always scrubs who think they're good, people who are salty, or little kids who think it's funny. It's never something people do to be respected or out of a desire for respect, I don't understand why this is even still being discussed. It's like asking if talking **** to other players when you kill them is disrespectful, like of course it is? Is it even a question at this point?

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
It's blatantly disrespectful and I don't think anyone could justify it. It's always scrubs who think they're good, people who are salty, or little kids who think it's funny. It's never something people do to be respected or out of a desire for respect, I don't understand why this is even still being discussed. It's like asking if talking **** to other players when you kill them is disrespectful, like of course it is? Is it even a question at this point?
What I'm trying to say is that there's pretty much no reason to get upset over it. It's a silly animation, and nowhere near the level of someone actually talking **** to another player.

Even if it comes from a place of disrespect, the animation is so silly that getting angry over it is stressing yourself out for no reason.

Recettear

Full Squid
NNID
anrakutei
What I'm trying to say is that there's pretty much no reason to get upset over it. It's a silly animation, and nowhere near the level of someone actually talking **** to another player.

Even if it comes from a place of disrespect, the animation is so silly that getting angry over it is stressing yourself out for no reason.
It is a silly animation. Doesn't make it any less entertaining to stick it back to the person 10 times over.

I don't even get upset at it because doing so would be causing further grief to myself even if I was. People seem to get so annoyed by it I could legitimately squidbag after every kill for a couple of seconds and at least one person would spend the rest of the match attempting to seek me out and destroy me despite what seems like common sense otherwise. Doing it to rile up people is almost a legitimate tactic, or at least in turf wars where for some reason people take themselves a little too seriously and there isn't an objective of some kind to focus on.

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
It doesn't really bother me at all. However splatting someone while their squidbagging one of your teammates is pretty satisfying.

L95

Inkling
It looks so silly, I can't actually get upset over it lol.

I do love smashing people while they're doing it though.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Lately, I've seen an increase in seabagging from my teammates whenever I or someone else splats a certain player. They don't even splat the user themselves - it's just whenever someone kills them. I guess.. I guess people come to dislike each other in this game? I can't imagine getting angry enough during Splatoon to want to seabag whenever a teammate kills said person. :confused:

Like... Seabag if you want to if you kill them. But why on earth are you doing it when I get them? o_O

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
Lately, I've seen an increase in seabagging from my teammates whenever I or someone else splats a certain player. They don't even splat the user themselves - it's just whenever someone kills them. I guess.. I guess people come to dislike each other in this game? I can't imagine getting angry enough during Splatoon to want to seabag whenever a teammate kills said person. :confused:

Like... Seabag if you want to if you kill them. But why on earth are you doing it when I get them? o_O
Probably because it's a funny animation

I don't think they actually dislike the person they're doing it to

Zolda

Full Squid
I don't do it myself, but it doesn't really bother me when other people do it to me. I just see it as pointless and, at worst, actively detrimental to yourself. I can't even tell you how many times I've seen someone start squidbagging, only to get immediately gunned down by myself or one of my teammates whom they probably could have avoided if they weren't too busy wasting their time with a pointless gesture.

Mahi Mahi Resort has been wonderful though, because I've already had several matches where someone killed me and started squidbagging only to hurl themselves straight into the water while doing it. I'll gladly accept squidbagging if it means I get to see it backfire that hilariously on occasion.

Inky Corruption

Full Squid
NNID
ShaneTC
Dear lord, this thread has been revived? Very well.

No, I do not squidbag, as it were, because I associate it with the infamous act of tea-bagging as seen in other shooters. I will eat my own hat if the act is somehow not inspired by its rather juvenile relative. I keep seeing the old "but the animation is so silly, why get mad?" argument and to that I say, if you are not bothered by it then more power to you - but clearly, others are, and probably due to the aforementioned association.

That being said, I am not opposed to the idea of taunts. I merely wish to see something other than what most recognise as a juvenile attempt at degrading the recipient. Which is why I'm fond of some of the more creative taunts that people have invented - like the bow and the hysterical spinning Wail. With the latest Teaser/Dance Video some people have even been speculating there will be a proper taunt act added to the D-pad, like dancing, which I'd welcome with open arms.

In summary, I am not opposed to taunts, but I am very much conscious of where squidbagging has its roots and what it represents which is why I respond to it with resentment.

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
No, I do not squidbag, as it were, because I associate it with the infamous act of tea-bagging as seen in other shooters.
This is exactly why I find it so… Distasteful. At least some of the people who practice squidbagging do so because of such an association. I think the different names I've seen for it are evidence enough.

Now, taunts otherwise are great. During my time playing Team Fortress 2, I always found well timed uses of the game's taunts funny. In fact, I recently had a player who splatted me raise their hand and hop up an down for a bit before switching into squid form and swimming away. I couldn't help but find it cute and funny, and I'd love to see more of this kind of behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom