• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Seabagging

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
Only the most upscale high wit everyone in a partyroom envies joke..............................Your Mama Jokes!
So, you just walk up to random strangers and insult their mother out of nowhere? That's the kind of thing that CAN set people off, random jokes out of nowhere that have the potential to offend or humiliate. "Yo mamma" jokes are included, because you don't know what's going on in their personal life in relation to their mother or family. Maybe they are in the hospital? Maybe they are trying to get their life back together, and their son/daughter is trying to help out out of sheer love? Teabagging can be humiliating and offensive, too; it's supposed to represent an... "act", I should say. Look up the origin of the term, and you'll get why it's humiliating and can very understandably set off complete strangers. There ARE people out there who dislike being humiliated, and that's not overreacting; that's normal.

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
So, you just walk up to random strangers and insult their mother out of nowhere? That's the kind of thing that CAN set people off, random jokes out of nowhere that have the potential to offend or humiliate. "Yo mamma" jokes are included, because you don't know what's going on in their personal life in relation to their mother or family. Maybe they are in the hospital? Maybe they are trying to get their life back together, and their son/daughter is trying to help out out of sheer love? Teabagging can be humiliating and offensive, too; it's supposed to represent an... "act", I should say. Look up the origin of the term, and you'll get why it's humiliating and can very understandably set off complete strangers. There ARE people out there who dislike being humiliated, and that's not overreacting; that's normal.
Rofl, you seriously believe my last response was a serious one?! Bahahahaha!! I stopped taking most of the people on this thread seriously long ago, your reaction to my obvious bad joke of a joke post is over the top! Another big paragraph to just one little sentence of my!! Ahahahaha, Dude, of course I don't do that!! Rofl, I'm done, thanks for the amazing laugh!!

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's the fact that It's pointlessly stupid which makes it hilarious. It's even more hilarious when people are bothered by it! This will never die out. XD
Showing your maturity there, huh

Personally, I think seabagging (people in this community come up with the worst terms) is a bit pointless since you could be using your time with better things, like you know, covering the ground with ink (turf wars) or doing whatever is necessary to win the match. It doesn't piss me off, but I can't help but feel that seabaggers are a tad immature.

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
I used to do this all the time, because I tried to get my victim to do it to me when they finally killed me, I think it's hilarious when that happens. Now I just forget to do it, unless I finally Splatted the Charger who had been annoying me all game

When I do do it though, it isn't to prove my dominance or to get a power trip, I just think it's goofy

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
Showing your maturity there, huh

Personally, I think seabagging (people in this community come up with the worst terms) is a bit pointless since you could be using your time with better things, like you know, covering the ground with ink (turf wars) or doing whatever is necessary to win the match. It doesn't piss me off, but I can't help but feel that seabaggers are a tad immature.
It's hilarious any time to me because it's just a game and silly looking. Especially in a turf war where your rank isn't effected. If I'm playing a ranked match or if it were for a tournament I'm usually to focused on trying my best in order to win to seabag. It would be immature if I took the game to seriously all the time trying to be formally honorable in a game that's about squids inking eachother for dominance. Really, the game's world, characters, and premise is silly and immature going by your logic. Maybe you shouldn't play the game because encourages you to be a squid kid.

SGM

Inkster Jr.
NNID
UltimateBlast
Saw some guy on Port Mackerel doing that behind a Splash Wall. Rolled straight over him by taking a different route that took me behind him. Lesson of today? It's an easy kill for the opposition. Do it if you're sure you won't die.

Heart of Ice

Semi-Pro Squid
I can at least see a semi-legit purpose for seabagging. It. P*sses. People. Off. This might sound stupid, but if it makes an opponent mad enough it could cause them to play more aggresive/recklessly. Making them an even easier target, which can cause a bit of a salty snowballing effect.

However, I've never done this, so this is just theory.

Demosthenes

Inkling
NNID
OrigamiMan
I can at least see a semi-legit purpose for seabagging. It. P*sses. People. Off. This might sound stupid, but if it makes an opponent mad enough it could cause them to play more aggresive/recklessly. Making them an even easier target, which can cause a bit of a salty snowballing effect.

However, I've never done this, so this is just theory.
Yeah, this is basically the root cause for taunts. But using it for this purpose, while it can be effective, is where people are right for calling the users "douchy"

It essentially gives the feeling of an unfair win and dirty tactics. Which is where being able to shrug it off comes in handy.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
Rofl, you seriously believe my last response was a serious one?! Bahahahaha!! I stopped taking most of the people on this thread seriously long ago, your reaction to my obvious bad joke of a joke post is over the top! Another big paragraph to just one little sentence of my!! Ahahahaha, Dude, of course I don't do that!! Rofl, I'm done, thanks for the amazing laugh!!
...Really. Just...really. -_-

I'm sorry, considering your attitude with your reactions to everyone arguing with you (and no, I'm not the only one), I thought you were legitimately serious, since you've made it outright hard to tell if you're even joking or not with this subject. My reaction was justified; I asked you a question with no blatantly clear intent of joking, and you respond with only a joking answer which, as a result, gets us nowhere? You may as well not have posted at all. And who cares if an argument is a sentence, a paragraph, or an essay? What's your deal with mentioning that repeatedly like it's a dumb thing to do?

And if you stopped taking us all seriously now, then why are you still talking to us? Just trolling? Sound like that's what you're admitting. I've been mature and cool-headed until now, and you respond like you're the only smart one here when you won't even read my post which you oh-so-affectionately called an "essay", and just jumped to the conclusion that our argument will only go in circles after my SECOND post to you, which, again, you admitted to not bothering to read. We're not taking things too seriously; you're taking things too lightly.
It's hilarious any time to me because it's just a game and silly looking. Especially in a turf war where your rank isn't effected. If I'm playing a ranked match or if it were for a tournament I'm usually to focused on trying my best in order to win to seabag. It would be immature if I took the game to seriously all the time trying to be formally honorable in a game that's about squids inking eachother for dominance. Really, the game's world, characters, and premise is silly and immature going by your logic. Maybe you shouldn't play the game because encourages you to be a squid kid.
The setting of a video game does not matter. The animation looking "silly", at least, in your opinion, doesn't matter. She likely is saying it's immature because it is an act people possibly are substituting for teabagging, an act intended to taunt AND humiliate the defeated user by making it look like they are... "doing something with their mouth to the other guy against their will", and I think you know what that is. Am I right, Reila?

Oh, and Jeremy, sorry for getting my point across in multiple paragraphs again. I know how much you hate reading long posts.

Mr. Gency

Full Squid
NNID
Mister-Gency
So, like, is it bad, um, if I never even realised that this was supposed to be a taunt?

Njok

Bouncer
I guess i am going to get a lot of hate for this but whatever. For all of you that feel so strongly about this, please take a second to think about why you are getting so upset. Since there is no communication in the game, there is absolutely no way that you can know the reasoning behind doing this. In other words, when someone does this to you, you immediately assume they are doing this to humiliate you. Imo this says more about you than about them. Enough other reasons to Squidbag have been mentioned already and i am not going to repeat them.

Tldr: chill out people, not everyone in online games is out to piss you off.

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
@DarkGold777 Wow look, another long essay just for me which I'm not going to read, yay for your time wasted! You truly are are ridiculous and have some problems.

Demosthenes

Inkling
NNID
OrigamiMan
@Jeremyx7 You are trolling, right? I really hope you're trolling. The last 3 pages of this topic have basically been two people saying the same thing 50 times going absolutely nowhere with the conversation. This entire thread is ridiculous and a waste of time and at this point you aren't even providing argument but just trying to piss the other person off.

SP3CT3R

Full Squid
I honestly don't mind people doing it. I mean, it makes you look like a D-bag, but then people notice you and you get splatted. So of people on the other team keep doing it, more revenge splats for me.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I'm still waiting for the first time someone tries to seabag only to realise they're doing it on top of an inkmine, that'd be gold

sammich

Inkling Cadet
i don't do this myself unless somebody does it to me first.

then i track them down, murder them in cold ink, and seabag their empty clothes and weapon. :l
just an hour ago some dude seabagged me and 30 seconds later we won the match and i was the top player. embarrassing.

Kikaioh

Full Squid
Teabagging is rude and douchey and the people who do it are immature. People who try to defend it are hipsters.

Snake_Joe

Full Squid
A few times I did encounter a few players doing this "seabagging" taunt that they where doing, but this match that I'vd had recently was just weird.

It was on Blackbelly Skatepark, as me and my opponets spawn we both had different weapons for a fair match, the round starts and immediately a few of my teammates started to seabag in the air, I was thinking I might have some trolls on my side thinking that it might be a bit difficult for the turf match.

As I've encounter my opponets, they too started to seabag... Wait really? I thought, and even though everyone was doing it except for me, we've all took the match a bit seriously.

After a few turfs and splats later I was on a corner ledge next to the wooden half pipe, I see our charger seabagging right next to me, I see my opponet's shooter below us doing it as well, and I saw our opponet's roller doing it on top of the central tower.

I was just standing there for a moment as the only reaction that came to my head.

Did I just stumbled upon a seabagging party? Well I've won the match but I didn't thought to have ever been in a match like that, it was just a strange moment in Splatoon for me.

Last edited:

stitchedwithlove

Full Squid
NNID
stitchedwithlove
I only "seabag" when I'm messing around with teammates. I don't do it after getting a kill because it can be taken out of context in that the other person may think I'm acting "smart" or something. But really I just do it because it looks and sounds so funny.

One time this guy was sniping on the opposing team and he would always seabag right after getting a kill. After every time I killed him I would seabag back to acknowledge his seabagging and after that match he added me to his friend list. I suppose we were just taking the mickey out of the game, and that's all I really think seabagging is.

I think it's also important to remember that this is a game aimed at children. People will do silly things and it can't really be helped.

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
Teabagging is rude and douchey and the people who do it are immature. People who try to defend it are hipsters.
Yet you're outright calling people douchey without any real reason or substance to go by.....you have no room to talk...and your profile says you're 31..............mature huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom