• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
You´ll have to do some things with your Splatoon save file so be careful not to accidentally delete it.
1. Grab a USB device you don´t mind formatting.
2. Plug the device into your Wii U and format it.
3. Go to System Settings->Data Management. Select your Wii U´s internal memory.
4. Locate your Splatoon save file and copy (COPY, not move) it over to your USB device. This takes a few minutes.
5. Start your game, go over to Spyke and do as many (or little) rerolls as you want. I usually do them in bunches to 4-5 to save time.
6. If you get your desired reroll on a piece of gear, go to System Settings->Data management and copy your Splatoon save file from your USB device over to your Wii U´s internal memory.
7. In case you didn´t get the rerolls you wanted, repeat step 4. Your Cash/Super sea snails are restored! You now can repeat step 5 and try to get your desired reroll again.
How this roughly works:
If you have a Splatoon save file on a USB device and another one in the Wii U´s system memory, the Wii U will use the one on the USB device, leaving the one in its memory unchanged. When you copy the data from the system memory over to the USB device, it´s as if you reset the game to a previous value, and the changes you made are gone.
This works for cash/super sea snails, which will get restored, but also for your rank. With this method, you can reset your rank in case you go on a losing streak, but that´s cheating. Whether you want to use this method or not is up to you though.
And how could you accidentally delete your save file?

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
I don´t know, really. I could very well figure me screwing up something at some point and deleting my file by accident. Hehe. Also, it was written on the website I learned savescumming from, so it may very well be that you can delete your save file if you do something wrong during the process. But don´t worry, you´ll get used to it and eventually, it will become routine. I can do it without even thinking by now. Just be careful not to select the wrong files and you should be fine. And remember to only copy your file and not to move it.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
You can do the timezone trick to check both once I'm in your Plaza (I'll wear both), though if you want to do that everyday you'd either have to not play multiplayer or we'd have to meet up everyday, which I could possibly manage, but it's all up to you! Also what time Monday?
I think the timezone scum will save us both some time. And I'd be available anytime between from 2pm to 2 am CET. Feel free to pick a specific time anywhere between that.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
I have like 2 backups in case of emergency and one with gear on it I made but didn't want to keep. Been awhile since I made my last backup of my backup. Should do it now

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
Hey guys, sorry haven't been on this site in awhile, I usually just use discord now. If any of you want any of my gear please msg me on here and i'll give you the link to the discord channel. If you don't use discord just msg me on here with what you want with your NNID, i'll add you and be more than happy to let you order whatever you want. :)

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I think the timezone scum will save us both some time. And I'd be available anytime between from 2pm to 2 am CET. Feel free to pick a specific time anywhere between that.
Sweet let's do 8pm CET then!

Reactions: Ulk

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
You´ll have to do some things with your Splatoon save file so be careful not to accidentally delete it.
1. Grab a USB device you don´t mind formatting.
2. Plug the device into your Wii U and format it.
3. Go to System Settings->Data Management. Select your Wii U´s internal memory.
4. Locate your Splatoon save file and copy (COPY, not move) it over to your USB device. This takes a few minutes.
5. Start your game, go over to Spyke and do as many (or little) rerolls as you want. I usually do them in bunches to 4-5 to save time.
6. If you get your desired reroll on a piece of gear, go to System Settings->Data management and copy your Splatoon save file from your USB device over to your Wii U´s internal memory.
7. In case you didn´t get the rerolls you wanted, repeat step 4. Your Cash/Super sea snails are restored! You now can repeat step 5 and try to get your desired reroll again.
How this roughly works:
If you have a Splatoon save file on a USB device and another one in the Wii U´s system memory, the Wii U will use the one on the USB device, leaving the one in its memory unchanged. When you copy the data from the system memory over to the USB device, it´s as if you reset the game to a previous value, and the changes you made are gone.
This works for cash/super sea snails, which will get restored, but also for your rank. With this method, you can reset your rank in case you go on a losing streak, but that´s cheating. Whether you want to use this method or not is up to you though.
I'm actually going to save scum for the first time tomorrow, so what would happen if I had copied over my Splatoon file to my USB stick but removed my USB stick. Would my Wii U use the internal memory again to play Splatoon? Or would it only work with the USB stick from this point forward?

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
I'm actually going to save scum for the first time tomorrow, so what would happen if I had copied over my Splatoon file to my USB stick but removed my USB stick. Would my Wii U use the internal memory again to play Splatoon? Or would it only work with the USB stick from this point forward?
In case you remove the USB stick, the Wii U will simply use the save file present in the Wii U´s internal memory.
When you plug the USB stick in, the Wii U will use the save file on the stick again. You can only remove the USB stick or plug it in when the Wii U is turned off though.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
In case you remove the USB stick, the Wii U will simply use the save file present in the Wii U´s internal memory.
When you plug the USB stick in, the Wii U will use the save file on the stick again. You can only remove the USB stick or plug it in when the Wii U is turned off though.
You can actually remove it when it's in the System Settings, just don't plug it out any other time when outside the System Settings, since that's when it starts using the data off the USB stick.

I was going to post here to see if anyone has the piece of gear I'm looking for, it's in my signature, but I'll post it here again anyway:

:head_eye002: - :ability_bombrange:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

As I've said in my signature, I really would like this for my Neo Splash, and I could also use it for the Refurbished Mini, none of the other Bomb Range Up headgear looks very fresh, and the only thing that rolls this naturally is the :clothes_swt001:, which I'm not overly keen on either. I'm thinking of a Refurbished Mini build along the lines of this:

:ability_bombrange:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage: - :head_eye002:
:ability_runspeed:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub: or :ability_inksaversub:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed: - Shirt (depending on gear availability)
:ability_runspeed:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub: or :ability_inksaversub:|:ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange: - Shoes

Also, does anyone have this?

:shoes_cfs000: - :ability_inksaversub:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:

It doesn't need all 3 slots, as 2 usually suffices, but those shoes are pretty nice and since they're blue, they might as well have all blue abilities :P. In all seriousness, I do want those shoes like that, so I can use them on weapons with Burst Bombs, as I'm pretty sure 6 subs/1 main and 3 subs is enough to get a 3rd Burst Bomb, bringing it closer to its original pre-nerf form, which would definitely benefit the Refurbished Mini, as whilst I wouldn't throw all 3 out, I could throw 2 and have 34% of my ink tank left, rather than be left with 20% (I believe this amount makes Burst Bombs cost 33%).

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Thanks you two. You were a great help.

By the way @Cyan

:ability_inksaversub:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

Isn't this a natural roll for :clothes_shirt014:?

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
You can actually remove it when it's in the System Settings, just don't plug it out any other time when outside the System Settings, since that's when it starts using the data off the USB stick.

I was going to post here to see if anyone has the piece of gear I'm looking for, it's in my signature, but I'll post it here again anyway:

:head_eye002: - :ability_bombrange:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

As I've said in my signature, I really would like this for my Neo Splash, and I could also use it for the Refurbished Mini, none of the other Bomb Range Up headgear looks very fresh, and the only thing that rolls this naturally is the :clothes_swt001:, which I'm not overly keen on either. I'm thinking of a Refurbished Mini build along the lines of this:

:ability_bombrange:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage: - :head_eye002:
:ability_runspeed:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub: or :ability_inksaversub:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed: - Shirt (depending on gear availability)
:ability_runspeed:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub: or :ability_inksaversub:|:ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange: - Shoes

Also, does anyone have this?

:shoes_cfs000: - :ability_inksaversub:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:

It doesn't need all 3 slots, as 2 usually suffices, but those shoes are pretty nice and since they're blue, they might as well have all blue abilities :p. In all seriousness, I do want those shoes like that, so I can use them on weapons with Burst Bombs, as I'm pretty sure 6 subs/1 main and 3 subs is enough to get a 3rd Burst Bomb, bringing it closer to its original pre-nerf form, which would definitely benefit the Refurbished Mini, as whilst I wouldn't throw all 3 out, I could throw 2 and have 34% of my ink tank left, rather than be left with 20% (I believe this amount makes Burst Bombs cost 33%).
Aw darn if only I had known sooner! I was actually working on those same Pilot Goggles, even got the first two subs, but then the patch was revealed and it changed my prioritys. I'd be more than willing to help if you get the two subs though.

Also I'm working on making the Strapping Whites pure as :shoes_cfs000: has a useful natural roll to me.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Was rolling for triple damage and this happens:

WiiU_screenshot_TV_0176A.jpg

Not sure whether to keep it or not, will scum it back soon if no-one wants it or convinces me to keep it.

EDIT:
@Cyan I just rerolled these if you're interested
You know what? I would be happy to order those and orderscum them to get the build I'm interested in for the Neo Splash. The build in question is essentially the same as Hitzel's, except the shoes and hat are different (same hat, but triple Ink Saver Sub rather than triple Damage) and the shoes are different. I can play from 6:30PM-10PM BST any day, so it shouldn't be too hard to organise a match. My order list is also clear too, so it's pretty much perfect timing.

Also, here's a list of things I have that are semi-shiny if anyone wants to make them a full shiny, I don't have much interest in having the returned good, besides from working towards having triples on all pieces of gear. Let me know if you're interested and what pieces you'd like.

Anyway, here is the gear in question:

:clothes_first::ability_quickrespawn:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_inksavermain: (rolled going for Triple Damage Up)
:shoes_bot000::ability_quickrespawn:|:ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quickrespawn: (rolled going for Triple Run Speed)
:ability_unknown::ability_inkrecovery:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksavermain: (Mawcasins - naturally rolled this way)

It's not a lot, and out of all 3 gear, I would personally like to have the Biker Boots and Mawcasins finished off, I can always get rid of the Basic Tee and roll its natural instead, but since Rockenberg only has Quick Respawn on shoes, this shirt has its uses if you want to stack respawn and run speed.

Last edited:

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
This is a pretty valuable gear you have there. Both abilities beyond helpful for bomb users. I wouldn't throw it away immediately.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Was rolling for triple damage and this happens:

Not sure whether to keep it or not, will scum it back soon if no-one wants it or convinces me to keep it.

EDIT:

You know what? I would be happy to order those and orderscum them to get the build I'm interested in for the Neo Splash. The build in question is essentially the same as Hitzel's, except the shoes and hat are different (same hat, but triple Ink Saver Sub rather than triple Damage) and the shoes are different. I can play from 6:30PM-10PM BST any day, so it shouldn't be too hard to organise a match. My order list is also clear too, so it's pretty much perfect timing.
Mmk, I'm CST but yea that doesn't conflict at all. Well, the exception being today lol but I'll message you tomorrow and see if you're available.

Does anyone have pure ink recovery hat? I'm rerolling for one now but thought I'd ask. Trying to make my eliter build look nice xD

Edit: oh! and I have these if anyone wants to play with them : :shoes_slp002::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:

OH AND (derp) : I can offer :clothes_tel000::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn: & :shoes_slo004::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: (which match with eachother lmfao. Stripes ftw )

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
When I finish my swim shoes, I'd like to roll this as well. I'll hit you up as soon as spyke hooks me up with the shoes (I've been waiting for 3 weeks now :p )
3 weeks!? Damn Spyke's an ***!

Mmk, I'm CST but yea that doesn't conflict at all. Well, the exception being today lol but I'll message you tomorrow and see if you're available.

Does anyone have pure ink recovery hat? I'm rerolling for one now but thought I'd ask. Trying to make my eliter build look nice xD

Edit: oh! and I have these if anyone wants to play with them : :shoes_slp002::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:

OH AND (derp) : I can offer :clothes_tel000::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn: & :shoes_slo004::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: (which match with eachother lmfao. Stripes ftw )
What headpiece are you working on? I was planning on getting :head_met000: pure. Yeah 3-star gear but I need the naturals on the 1-stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom