• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Hey @Lonely_Dolphin! I got some good news for you! The school jersey now has been perfected and is ready to be ordered! (At last... Took me something like 37 tries and over 8 hours... I'm never using rollers or brushes again.)
Ha sweet, I'll let ya know when I can order them a.k.a. when Spyke stops holding out!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
All I have to offer is :clothes_tes010:|:ability_swimspeed:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge: right now. The other good gear I have is amiibo and Cuttlegear exclusive sadly.

By the way:

You two wouldn't happen to still be in the possession of these two, would you?
Yep I still got em! Perhaps in return you could help me perfect this :clothes_tel008: :ability_inkrecovery:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
No worries it's all good! Do you know about save scumming? That's the best way to get shiny gear.

Sweeeeeeet, when are you available next week?
Actually, let me contact you. I'll collect a few more sea snails during the Splatfest this weekend and get a fresh USB stick from the office so I can try to work on your Rockenberg shirt next week. I'll be in touch once I got it.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Actually, let me contact you. I'll collect a few more sea snails during the Splatfest this weekend and get a fresh USB stick from the office so I can try to work on your Rockenberg shirt next week. I'll be in touch once I got it.
Wait, Rockenberg? The White LS is Squidforce, and I actually already got the first two subs on it so you'd only need to order it, though of course you can order the pure Beanie first.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Wait, Rockenberg? The White LS is Squidforce, and I actually already got the first two subs on it so you'd only need to order it, though of course you can order the pure Beanie first.
Oh, I mixed up :clothes_tes002:and :clothes_tel008: (Edit: Ugh, got it wrong again). They even use the same main ability. Didn't know you already had the first two subs either. My bad. Let's arrange something for monday then. We can worry about the Beanie later.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Oh, I mixed up :clothes_tes002:and :clothes_tel008: (Edit: Ugh, got it wrong again). They even use the same main ability. Didn't know you already had the first two subs either. My bad. Let's arrange something for monday then. We can worry about the Beanie later.
You can do the timezone trick to check both once I'm in your Plaza (I'll wear both), though if you want to do that everyday you'd either have to not play multiplayer or we'd have to meet up everyday, which I could possibly manage, but it's all up to you! Also what time Monday?

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
Heard of it, just don't know how to do it.
You´ll have to do some things with your Splatoon save file so be careful not to accidentally delete it.
1. Grab a USB device you don´t mind formatting.
2. Plug the device into your Wii U and format it.
3. Go to System Settings->Data Management. Select your Wii U´s internal memory.
4. Locate your Splatoon save file and copy (COPY, not move) it over to your USB device. This takes a few minutes.
5. Start your game, go over to Spyke and do as many (or little) rerolls as you want. I usually do them in bunches to 4-5 to save time.
6. If you get your desired reroll on a piece of gear, go to System Settings->Data management and copy your Splatoon save file from your USB device over to your Wii U´s internal memory.
7. In case you didn´t get the rerolls you wanted, repeat step 4. Your Cash/Super sea snails are restored! You now can repeat step 5 and try to get your desired reroll again.
How this roughly works:
If you have a Splatoon save file on a USB device and another one in the Wii U´s system memory, the Wii U will use the one on the USB device, leaving the one in its memory unchanged. When you copy the data from the system memory over to the USB device, it´s as if you reset the game to a previous value, and the changes you made are gone.
This works for cash/super sea snails, which will get restored, but also for your rank. With this method, you can reset your rank in case you go on a losing streak, but that´s cheating. Whether you want to use this method or not is up to you though.

Reactions: Ulk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom