• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Show us your style squiddo!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
JSK Splatoon Gear 6.jpg

Managed to get +10.5 Vibe the last session I played with this getup, and I didn't even have the last slot each on my hat and shoes unlocked until the last match.

I am definitely changing my sig to reflect this awesome new gear.

Njok

Bouncer
Decided to put my snails to good use on 2nd account. It will probably become my new main account after these rolls lol.
Now you just need tenacity and you can pretty much stop rolling alltogether :D Constant inkzooka :D

Really, really nice.

MuteBard

Inkster Jr.
MlWA771LCn4aTooWyI.jpg

When fully charged, the charger splats balloons with no defense at about 201.4 damage. Reason for all this damage is to decrease my charge time and to play this weapon virtually like a squiffer, but with range. I love playing this weapon in mid range combat. im proud of the shoes as it give me two ink recharges. The helmet was a luckly reroll (thank you snails), but although I would like something better than bomb range up :( (however im too worried to reroll it). I dislike facing a multitude of .96 gal weapons in groups because of their echolocation so i pack coldblooded to get rid of that nonsense as quickly to return to being unpredictable.

Last edited:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Remember when I claimed that my combo of Squid-Stitch Cap, Retro Sweat and Blue Moto Boots felt like the best?

I lied.

JSK Splatoon Gear 7.jpg

This has been treating me even better. Helps I have Damage Ups to break faces in faster and an Ink Recovery Up main to keep my tank from running dry.

Still planning on making my new sig based on the previous getup, though. I've already had plans for it and I don't want to change them so soon.

Njok

Bouncer
How does the damage up work on this set? I've been testing it with 1 main yesterday but wasn't quite convinced. What i want is being able to kill with 1 bomb and 1 shot. Anyone know if it's possible to stack til you reach that point?

Since shots will never be more than 25 (4 shot kill always, right?) the bomb should go to 75 to achieve this. Iirc with 1 main the bomb was 65.4 (-ish).

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I don't know how it works in conjunction with bombs, but there's an reason for equipping at least one damage up (main) when using any Splash-o-matic, since it will have it's shots-to-splat raised by a single defence up - in fact, you need two damage ups to ensure a four-shot kill (assuming your opponent can stack up to three defence ups). But the benefit will of course depend on how regularly you're encountering people who equip defence up.

Njok

Bouncer
I forgot about that, ty!

Hmm, not sure what to do about that one. I really like my setup right now. Bomb range is priceless on this thing and i don't think i want to sacrifice it for damage. I don't have any good gear with damage up either.

Ok, we need another splatfest!

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
Edit: Whoops I quoted the wrong post :D Sorry!

This has been treating me even better. Helps I have Damage Ups to break faces in faster and an Ink Recovery Up main to keep my tank from running dry.

Still planning on making my new sig based on the previous getup, though. I've already had plans for it and I don't want to change them so soon.[/QUOTE]
I have been using the Splash-o-Matic since its release and I've been using it with 1 Damage Up Main all the time, for the very reason Phobos pointed out. However I have recently switched to Bomb Range up with the Neo Splash-O-Matic and am currently trying to use it this way. I've come across 1 or to people where the lack of Damage Up resulted in me getting splatted.
As for your concern about the 1-Bomb-1-Shot-Kill: You'd need 2 Damage Up mains. I've just tested it and 2 Damage Up Mains result in a total damage of 100,2 (69,9 Bomb; 30,3 Shot). I'm not sure whether I'd like this set up, while I like the 1 Bomb 1 Shot method, as I've been using it with the Hero Replica for quite some time, I don't like sacrificing two slots for Damage Up.

Last edited:

Njok

Bouncer
I have been using the Splash-o-Matic since its release and I've been using it with 1 Damage Up Main all the time, for the very reason Phobos pointed out. However I have recently switched to Bomb Range up with the Neo Splash-O-Matic and am currently trying to use it this way. I've come across 1 or to people where the lack of Damage Up resulted in me getting splatted.
As for your concern about the 1-Bomb-1-Shot-Kill: You'd need 2 Damage Up mains. I've just tested it and 2 Damage Up Mains result in a total damage of 100,2 (69,9 Bomb; 30,3 Shot). I'm not sure whether I'd like this set up, while I like the 1 Bomb 1 Shot method, as I've been using it with the Hero Replica for quite some time, I don't like sacrificing two slots for Damage Up.
I think you've quoted the wrong post, because it looks like you this is directed to my posts, right?

Wtf at my huge mistake for damage on shots :D I don't even know how i got it in my mind that it could not go past 25. Thanks for correcting me there.

I'm also still not sure if i want to use any slots at all for damage, but that 1 bomb, 1 shot seems such a great idea. But especially when running bomb range, your shot just won't make it that far and it's still pointless.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
FWIW, this is what I use with the regular SoM:

The key things for the SoM are the damage up, and the special saver/charge up, since its special is really its USP. It would be possible to have something with a similar emphasis on mobility and specials, but with two damage ups: black arrow-bands (tenacity, special saver), same tee (damage, run speed), plum casuals (damage, swim speed). But like Tyrfing I don't really want to sacrifice two slots for damage up.

Njok

Bouncer
Dunno, i feel like it shoots fast enough to justify skipping the special related abilities. Maybe tenacity, yes. But the only useful hat with tenacity that i have is the sporty bobble hat, with 1x damage and 2x respawn. Since i use the SOM only in turf wars, i don't really want quick respawn.

Ink saver sub is a must have for me on either. I believe even 2 subs of that will allow you to throw a 4th bomb with the neo, which is really useful. On the original it may be less of a must have, but i really like being able to shoot some more after using a suction bomb.

Also, i've never really used run speed. Is it that important? Do you actually notice it while shooting?

Phobos

Inkling Commander
The single speed boosts are more of a personal preference, rather than because I think they coffer a notable competitive advantage - I prefer the way the game feels when my inkling moves faster, so yes I definitely notice the difference, but I wouldn't say it was a must-have from a competitive perspective (it will also depend on your play-style).

However, with 2 x run speed and 2 x swim speed the competitive advantage is much more discernible, to the point where this is more or less my default now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom