• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Show us your style squiddo!

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Started experimenting with stacking 3x of specific abilities, then balancing the remaining slots around speed/specials. Just got the roll I wanted to complete the swim speed set:

I've got similar sets in the works for 3x run speed and 3x quick respawn. Not sure if I'll make a habit of using any of these, but it's interesting to see how certain things work out.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Quick respawn set done:

I had tower control in mind for this, but as such I think the special oriented slots may be little redundant. It would be better I think to have 3x quick respawn and 2x / 3x swim speed, but that combination isn't possible without the right 'shiny' gear.

Edit: Switched the skate helmet for the sporty bobble - figured tenacity would be more useful in TC than saver.

Last edited:

ProjectilePuff

Inkling
NNID
MilouPadley
I decided to be nifty and do it in the Crusty Sean's shop

but if you really need to see my entirety...

Yes, i'm a level 10...

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I love underrated weapons. This is my Nozzlenose Set. I plan to attempt to take it to the top of ranks, at least for now.

Estimate Summary:
2 Main Run Speed
1 Main Swim Speed
1 Main Defense Up
1 Main Ink Resistance

Because the Nozzlenose is a fast multi-trigger weapon, I spend a lot of time in the run animation during the end frames of shooting. Thus, this sets gives me fantastic mobility/agility. Swim Speed, imo, has a nice synergy with this playstyle and can increase my evasiveness. Ink Resistance+Defense Up helps reduce splash damage, enemy ink, and etc, which can allow me to win those dog fights where I am moving around a lot. The two sub perks are minor useful abilities.

Oh, and Purple and Blue is just sexy!

subata

Full Squid
NNID
cyradius
and time to post up my gear for some other non-inkbrush weapons.

This one is made for helping out in making the splat bombs actually useful by extending their range to be even further than that of the bucket, the other abilities assist with the special weapon and the bucket itself, though.

pretty much pure style.

bad photo, i know, but anyways, the main part of this set-up was the ink savers, as i always felt like the N-zap emptied far too fast for me.

Purely style once again, I just thought it'd be neat to for my roller setup to resemble a baseball player.

Like i said, i was thinking of switching over to the fake contacts, and I did it. anyways, the two main focuses of this setup besides style is keeping my ink up and preparing inkstrikes faster.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
3x run speed set finally complete - wanted to combine it with 3x swim speed, and so had to reroll on neutral brand gear, which took ages :/

I'm not actually keen on the hero headset, but it's one of two options for combing run speed and swim speed in piece of headgear, and the squid hairclip could be put to better use.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
I main a .52 Gal Deco so this is not really fitting, nor is it my usual gear:

I'll need to nab images of my actual set-up later.

The white shoes came out like that on the first go, no re-rolls or anything. It's the first time I've ever had 3 of the same ability on anything.

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel

My main set of threads, normally goes with .96 Gal and its Deco variant.

And something I'm dinking around with for giggles.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain

My main set of threads, normally goes with .96 Gal and its Deco variant.

And something I'm dinking around with for giggles.
I faced you today (Squiddiam) in some turf war friendlies and I have to say those goggles are amazing. They're actually optimised for the hero shot; 2 damage up subs means bomb + single shot is a KO, and the more range up the better. As a fellow advocate of burst bombs, you played really well.

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
I faced you today (Squiddiam) in some turf war friendlies and I have to say those goggles are amazing. They're actually optimised for the hero shot; 2 damage up subs means bomb + single shot is a KO, and the more range up the better. As a fellow advocate of burst bombs, you played really well.
Does 2 Damage Up subs happen to be enough? Those Goggles are like that out of sheer luck.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
Does 2 Damage Up subs happen to be enough? Those Goggles are like that out of sheer luck.
2 subs is spot on yeah, the bare minimum required. Defense up would be an issue but then you're just kind of gambling anyway. Assuming no defense up, what you have is absolutely optimal (to the point I ordered it from you).

Kaze

Pro Squid
still trying to get perfect (sub abilities) on this set, but at least it looks decent... :oops:

it has x3 :ability_swimspeed: (main) abilities if anyone was wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom