• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Show us your style squiddo!

Phobos

Inkling Commander
your subs tho. good lord! i have spent so much money in game and have yet to roll 3 of anything! my friend got 3 subs for for 4 different head pieces, clothes, and shoes all within his unlocking the ? or 1 reroll. some people are just mad lucky!
Yeah unlocking three of the same has happened to me also, though for the most part I've just been grinding relentlessly :/

Njok

Bouncer
My squid style
Dear Lord i have been re rolling for that headphones forever! Finally settled with 2 special duration and 1 ink refill (which at least is a good ability imo). But damn i am a jealous squid, sir.

I have the exact same shoes and shirt though, so i approve of your style :D

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
Here's mine.

I usually stick with this because I like both the style and the abilities that this set offers.
I've never bought anything with bomb sniffer on it. Don't you think there are better mains to use, or do you think sniffer is worth the slot?

Mariobro

Inkling
NNID
Mariobro_WiiU
I've never bought anything with bomb sniffer on it. Don't you think there are better mains to use, or do you think sniffer is worth the slot?
Personally, I think it's worth a slot. I've gotten too used to bomb sniffer now, but it helps me not die an awful lot. I find it to be really useful if you can't keep track of everything going on at once.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Theres a way to cheat it using backups, but I don't see the point personally. If you're insistent on 3 of the same sub ability, you can just mix and match clothes
This, pretty much. I have gear with a bit of variety to it while still emphasizing some perks over others, and I can tell you that the right combinations can make all the difference for your playstyle.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
Two new sets:

Optimized for specials.
In my quest for optimization, I've been trying for what you have on the shoes and glasses over and over. How is this setup? How fast do you build special? Six special charge ups seem like overkill to me but I see the point of the special saver main on your t-shirt. Please, do tell! I may try for this.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Holy squid! Are those all rerolls/perfectly levelled up or orders?
I've not had much luck with ordering, so yeah all rerolls. It's been a bit of a project for a while - identifying and focusing on particular items (mostly one star gear) which allow for certain favourable or interesting combinations, and rerolling several times a day.

In my quest for optimization, I've been trying for what you have on the shoes and glasses over and over. How is this setup? How fast do you build special? Six special charge ups seem like overkill to me but I see the point of the special saver main on your t-shirt. Please, do tell! I may try for this.
I've not tested it out enough to come to any firm conclusions yet, but yes the specials do seem to arrive more frequently. Though I think ultimately it won't be for me, as it's missing some other things I like. This is currently my favourite set to play with:

Gotta go fast!

Njok

Bouncer
I had planned to work on both the skate helmet and the backwards cap like you have them. It's probably gonna cost me all my snails and i still won't get it but w/e :D

Ordering does not work for me either. I order somethong every day and he has just once found the exact thing. Of course those are the crazy arrows which are useless after the nerv :(

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
I've not had much luck with ordering, so yeah all rerolls. It's been a bit of a project for a while - identifying and focusing on particular items (mostly one star gear) which allow for certain favourable or interesting combinations, and rerolling several times a day.

I've not tested it out enough to come to any firm conclusions yet, but yes the specials do seem to arrive more frequently. Though I think ultimately it won't be for me, as it's missing some other things I like. This is currently my favourite set to play with:

Gotta go fast!
that looks promising i do like mobility but i hate the look of the shoes lol.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I had planned to work on both the skate helmet and the backwards cap like you have them. It's probably gonna cost me all my snails and i still won't get it but w/e :D
Yeah the skate helmet/backwards cap turned up in a lot of potentially nice combinations, so it was one of the first things I worked on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom