• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatfest World Premiere Discussion

Cake or Ice Cream? Rock or Pop?

• Cake/Rock

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Ice Cream/Pop

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Cake/Pop

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Ice Cream/Rock

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • Cake/Undecided

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Ice Cream/Undecided

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Undecided/Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided/Pop

• Totally/Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
That was great, now I have these special images to share of my experience.

DE0p36MVoAApJbM.jpg DE0qozQU0AEM6J_.jpg DE0rTsDUwAERA6i.jpg

ZosDaddyO

Inkster Jr.
They havent? Now thats really odd...its getting late so I may just have to see the results in the morning...
If I recall correctly, the first Splatfest in Splatoon it took till the next morning for the first results, and got faster from then on. It looks it'll be the same...

Dog King

Full Squid
Well, that splatfest settled the Dualies as one of my main weapons. The feeling of dodging away from a roller and splatring them is incredible. Turns out they work really well with burst bombs. As for my matches, they were mostly cake (my team) vs. Ice cream, with just a sprinkling of cake on cake matches. The lose streaks were real, let me tell you, but most matches were close. Now, just the excruciating wait till Friday!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
If I recall correctly, the first Splatfest in Splatoon it took till the next morning for the first results, and got faster from then on. It looks it'll be the same...
Hm, I didn't get the first Splatoon game until after the first Christmas season it had. Something learned.

Japan seemed pretty quick though? But then again...smaller content, less players, less to tally up/calculate I guess.

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
That was really fun. I made it to ice cream royalty, but I only went 2-2 against cake teams. It's pretty awesome that we can do splatfests with teams now.

I ended up using the tentatek for all but one match (where I failed with the dualies, haha). The inkjet is definitely going to take some getting used to. I think Humpback Pump Track was probably my favorite map in the splatfest. It just seemed unique to me.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Ah, I forgot...I wanted to share some screen caps as well.

My average splat ratio. 7, 7, 7! Lady Luck must have been on my side, or perhaps that Vertical flick was just too good. Still need to practice with that special, though.

And many close matches like this one were had. Which I'm glad! Made for good, fun and intense matches. I couldn't say they were one sided or predictable.

Overall, good fest! I can't wait for the first fest of the actual full game...and hey, share your screenshots too!

EDIT: TEAM ICE CREAM WON?! Well I know what I'm having tomorrow- that sweet cold treat! See you then, everyone.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
...I mean, I knew from playing that there were plenty of powerful squids on Team Ice Cream, but still?

Yikes. Talk about a culture shock. I guess I'm just still used to the days where high popularity equaled a death sentence for a team.

MasterJr

Inkling
I made it to Champion on both the JP Splatfest (Went Team Pop) and US Splatfest (Team Ice Cream). I did surprisingly well with the Dualies and even tried out the Charger (Which I NEVER touched in the first game).

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I sincerely hope that Ice cream won popularity because of Ice cream and not Marina

I can seriously see something like the latter ruining every splatfest :s
I only voted for the Ice Cream...I DID it for the Ice Cream...not Marina. I like both singers, so I don't go for the girls specifically.

This is a worry I have too, though...

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
I've warmed up to Pearl though it's just fun to roast people.

Flintlock

Inkling
NNID
SW567472421519
Well, that was a fun Splatfest even from the losing side! I believe I did well for team cake, as I believe my team won the majority of matches I was in. I played for about an hour and a half and got to cake champion, and then stopped afterwards.
I even got a screenshot of my best match(excuse the terrible resolution)

Attachments

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I went for the ice cream. Not a big fan of cake. Ice cream cake is pretty dope though, so best of both worlds there.

SaltyCal

Full Squid
NNID
Jimbo21
Switch Friend Code
SW-2497-8552-1603
Ice cream won because of its popularity. Not because of my efforts. I feel like I lost more of my games, though I thoroughly enjoyed playing them.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Argggh, Ice cream won! I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME! NEXT TIIIIIIIIIIIIME!
Popularity: Cake 24%, Ice Cream 76%
Solo wins: Cake 49%, Ice Cream 51%
Team wins: Cake 53%, Team 47%
Wow~ didn't think there'd be that much of a popularity difference!

NoE and NoA regions I went against the desire in my... heart and chose Team Cake to try out squad play. NoA region I met so~ few chargers in both solo and team queues. Also in the NoA region I didn't face that many skilled or tough opponents in either queue that weren't manageable at my level. But maybe my personal power rating wasn't high enough instead or Team Ice Cream was busy fighting each other. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And until I see splatling hug 2.0 my favourite win animation goes to charger inkling girl. Current favourite loss animation goes to the splattershot inkling girl's pout.

ZosDaddyO

Inkster Jr.
Did anyone try to have a separate account in the Europe religion? I have one set up, but can't download the Splatfest for that region.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom