• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatfest World Premiere Discussion

Cake or Ice Cream? Rock or Pop?

• Cake/Rock

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Ice Cream/Pop

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Cake/Pop

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Ice Cream/Rock

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • Cake/Undecided

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Ice Cream/Undecided

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Undecided/Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided/Pop

• Totally/Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So two things I noticed at inkblot academy you can jump into the enemy tree by hopping onto the large grey box at the corner of the ledge
Also, on starfish main stage you can jump on the alt route platforms (ally plat) via the grate to flank enemies

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Will post pics on my Twitter to show it off

ZosDaddyO

Inkster Jr.
Crap, really? Well, with those high walls, it seems to make it easy.

I see some people avoiding the gryo controls, especially on the chargers. You can spot them not snapping towards their target and trying to fill up the turf solo. It took me a few tries to get the jump button not mixed up with the map, and squid jumping. (Ugh, playing Breath of the Wild and getting that mixed up doesn't help.)

Now I can't wait for Moray Towers with those ink lines, ooooh...
Yea Moray Towers is gonna be Sweet! It'll be a nice to have "home turf" too (kind of) I'm wondering what'll happen when you turn the rail color with a squid on it...

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Keep seeing same pair ups with team ice cream. Does that mean they are in for a spill, and we take the cake?

Also, cake is the best because Princess Peach bakes you one after you completed the game. GO CAKE...FOR PEARL....YAY.

Nah, ice cream has been the more popular of the two. I have been fighting a ton of ice cream vs. ice cream battles, and barely any cake battles.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Time for the new stages!!!
Better be more chargers in solo.

Also, it didn't kick me out into the square when the rotation changed. Me likey.

And it turns out I can backout into the home menu at anytime I feel like. Hmm...

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
The funny thing about BOTW is i switched the jump to b as soon as i got so all that map complaining was so weird to me
I kept the controls because I figured its easy to remeber as "jump UPPER button, run LOWER button". I fixed my muscle memory pretty quickly after two rounds fortunately.

ZosDaddyO

Inkster Jr.
Better be more chargers in solo.

Also, it didn't kick me out into the square when the rotation changed. Me likey.

And it turns out I can backout into the home menu at anytime I feel like. Hmm...
Yea I noticed a lack of chargers too. I'm using one and I feel like a BEAST!! (Tho I'm sure once people are used to the controls I'll be back to bring garbage with a charger...)

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Personally I've been playing a mix of roller and charger I love how fluid both are in this gane, I also need around with the duelies of course (But 4 people on dulies gets annoying

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
Team Cake is gonna win. I literally don't remember the last cake team i faced

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
By the way, you can mess with the tone of the song while waiting for players to join on the waiting screen with the right joystick.

RespawningJesus

Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I have been sticking with dualies and splattershots. I suck with chargers/sniping weapons.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Team Cake is gonna win. I literally don't remember the last cake team i faced
Seriously? I had no double matches so far. Hopefully that doesnt change on my final round of matches later...

ZosDaddyO

Inkster Jr.
So who's done the " Death-From-Above" at Moray Towers? Also, with the Dualies, if you dodge-roll in the air you can do a quick drop.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I've finally got to play on Moray Towers for once instead of just in recon mode. It was glorious~♥! I got away with so much shenanigans using them—there are more of them than I thought—granted many many many of the players are new.

Unfortunately I was using a splattershot at the time so sick snipes or yelling "Impreious Rex Ink" during a v-flick or splashdown with the roller. But if you activate your inkjet while on a rail your jump point is at the start of the rail.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I've finally got to play on Moray Towers for once instead of just in recon mode. It was glorious~♥!
Seems like moray towers isnt popping up as often huh? I cant wait to play it myself- the new tweaks make the map look fantastic!

RespawningJesus

Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Seems like moray towers isnt popping up as often huh? I cant wait to play it myself- the new tweaks make the map look fantastic!
I would rather get the new map. For me, moray towers has been appearing way too often. I am not a huge fan of that map.

Last edited:

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Also btw I love curlring bombs if you time it right (like their ancesror the seeker), it will clip onto ledge you Can't reach this is really funny on starfish main stage and moray
Also not a big fan of humpback pump right now, wayyyyy to spawn campable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom