• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatfest World Premiere Discussion

Cake or Ice Cream? Rock or Pop?

• Cake/Rock

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Ice Cream/Pop

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Cake/Pop

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Ice Cream/Rock

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • Cake/Undecided

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Ice Cream/Undecided

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Undecided/Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided/Pop

• Totally/Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Watching moray towers is giving me flashbacks of the final splatfest...even the ink colors are near alike.

Some good nostalgic vibes, right there.

tanzinyagrill

Inkling
Unfortunately I was using a splattershot at the time so sick snipes or yelling "Impreious Rex Ink" during a v-flick or splashdown with the roller. But if you activate your inkjet while on a rail your jump point is at the start of the rail.
Aw come on, you just HAD to be faster than me to report on the inkjet + ink rail thing. It's really fun to abuse though, I hope autobombs are better than they look so I can make use of that Octobrush kit nicely.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I wonder, will this demo allow you to play more afterwards, or will it lock up and no longer become available to the public after then?

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I wonder, will this demo allow you to play more afterwards, or will it lock up and no longer become available to the public after then?
You should be able to access the plaza still, but nothing else. All online play, etc. will be disabled. Hell, not even the sea snails you earn from the splatfest carries on over.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Last 30 minutes of Splatfest...Give it all the ink you've got!

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
Cake King. I was on a win streak but we lost the last game. Our team won about 60% of the matches. Won and lost by razor thin margins in the game. I can't believe we have to wait until the 21st to play again!!!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Cake King. I was on a win streak but we lost the last game. Our team won about 60% of the matches. Won and lost by razor thin margins in the game. I can't believe we have to wait until the 21st to play again!!!
I got myself up to Ice cream champion. Only played 2 hours though. The wait for the 21st is going to be well worth it!

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
Phew, Cake Queen da bes'

Though I must say, I miss my old weapon sets already. The 21st can't come fast enough

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Stayed in defender. Mainly due to disconnections and having to share one switch, so I got about two hours of play which I am happy for.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Moray Towers is going to be a hoot when playing Splat zones and Tower Control ;)

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Ahh to be an Inkling again! That splatfest sure was something huh? Made it to Ice Cream King just before it ended. ( Had a huge string of losses as champion). Wow. Splat duelies were my most used weapon. ( the roll is pretty useful in close range combat but you gotta be careful and make sure you hit your mark during the millisecond increase of fire power others see you're a sitting duck). I also groaned in agony when I saw Moray Towers return but the added ink lines made the stage much more fun and handy to sneak over to the enemies side.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
That was delightful. Out of like thirty matches my friends and I only lost once as a team :D I had a great time but now the coming week will be VERY long.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I got to Ice Cream Queen, and was able to win a majority of my matches. Had a losing streak here and there, but eh, what can ya do?

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I gotta say, they were not kidding when they said that this was more of an "Ice Cream vs. Ice Cream" Splatfest. There were a few matches against Team Cake, but I can hardly remember those in comparison. For my trends, I started out alright but things went nearly bad near the end. Blame it on fatigue and tough luck with my random teammates. At least I made it to Ice Cream Queen with 10 minutes left to spare!

Now then, to wait for the results. Speaking of which, I'm pretty surprised Europe hasn't gotten their final score yet. Maybe they're grouping EU's performance with NA's and OC's?

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I came this close to becoming King again. Alas, I'll have to settle for being a mere Champion with 1968.5 Splatfest power. (Speaking of which, good God does it drop like a rock once you start losing.)

As for matches, I can prooobably safely assume I fought Team Cake less than 12 times overall. And here I was hoping that people wouldn't blindly go with their waifus for the second game in a row. How naïve of me.

Well, here's to the first Splatfest come and gone. Color me entirely surprised if Team Ice Cream somehow wins this.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Now then, to wait for the results. Speaking of which, I'm pretty surprised Europe hasn't gotten their final score yet. Maybe they're grouping EU's performance with NA's and OC's?
They havent? Now thats really odd...its getting late so I may just have to see the results in the morning...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom