• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Well I honestly might just wait till I get a game to set it up. I mean, my TV already has 2 other consoles hooked up to it, and there's only so much room around it. "My TV" as in the one downstairs I primarily use for gaming...But ya, good to have the bigger portion of the deal done.
...Dont ask how many game consoles we have currently hooked up to our TV...Fair enough though, hah.
Also 2000th post, WOO!
Time to celebrate with appropriate Gif Images!
T4edUv.gif

What a time to hit 2k posts too!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Hey congrats! Feel free to add me and I'll be happy to splat with you!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Ooh, I haven't gotten the H-3 yet. How'd they buff it?
It's a bit faster now as there's slightly less lag after firing a burst.

@SquidKid85: Noice, the hardest part is over, all you gotta do now is get Splatoon 2 which should be readily available at all stores! Also, unless you plan on having it docked permanently, I'd highly recommend a carry case.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It's a bit faster now as there's slightly less lag after firing a burst.

@SquidKid85: Noice, the hardest part is over, all you gotta do now is get Splatoon 2 which should be readily available at all stores! Also, unless you plan on having it docked permanently, I'd highly recommend a carry case.
Good advice here. To add onto that, I'd also recommend a LAN adapter to go wired for serious play.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
So the squid philosophy question of the day: Is the Splat Brella in the blaster family, or the slosher family?

Good advice here. To add onto that, I'd also recommend a LAN adapter to go wired for serious play.
Seriously! Switch's WiFi is AWFUL. As in possibly the worst WiFi I've ever seen this side of OG 3DSXL and PS4 fat. Its WiFi actually plays fine, IF you're right next to the router (or put a range extender near your Switch.)

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Seriously! Switch's WiFi is AWFUL. As in possibly the worst WiFi I've ever seen this side of OG 3DSXL and PS4 fat. Its WiFi actually plays fine, IF you're right next to the router (or put a range extender near your Switch.)
Recommendation use 5GHz Wifi whenever it's possible, i think 80% of all wifi problems are with using 2.4Ghz. in Apartments and town houses you run in to the issue of having A super Saturated 2.4GHz space... 5Ghz drastically improved My WiFi Experience with my Switch. I went form a single Bar on 2.4 to almost full on 5Ghz.

But Wired is always the best option.
Most of my issues with Splatoon2... Are latency on hosts end.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I've never had many internet problems before with my Wii U, so hopefully the Switch will be close to that. But if things start going bad I'll definitely take everyone up on their advice. Still not sure when I should set it up, but I may be able to get Splatoon 2 by the end of the day, so if that happens I'll be getting my Switch hooked up sooner than later.

the

Inkling Commander
It seems that run speed up doesn't affect strafing speed with the stingray. (Or if so, very marginally) Drat! I wanted to track ppl with a hilariously fast-moving stingray

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Thanks for finding that out.

Also, you can't splatdash, or super jump, with the Sting Ray. Something I'm quickly reminded amid a sea of enemy ink whenever I have a team that decides now is a good time for a lunch break at the respawn pad...

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Ansible
It is best to use quick super jump and head back to spawn for stingrays since you can aim without worry from there in intense situation, cause yeah whenever you activate it you whole team decide that is the prefect time to be wiped.

@SquidKid85 also feel free to add me (check signature) I don't talk much but I'm can help with level spamming and SALMON RUN

Ansible

Community Ambassador
@Ansible
It is best to use quick super jump and head back to spawn for stingrays since you can aim without worry from there in intense situation, cause yeah whenever you activate it you whole team decide that is the prefect time to be wiped.
True, thought not always the optimal choice when two or three of them decide on a sudden push, whether sound or not. It's even worse when they hardly bother with map control or even just turfing at all. =/

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So I unlocked the goo tuber and I think I discovered it's problem, it is completely different from the way you play any other charger,
A squiffer/ bambi's job is rushdown... to get close use clever positioning and quick thinking to get splats, while eliters is to use their range and slow charge time to oversee battles and take out key target from a safe distance.

However this charger has the range of a squiffer with the charge of an eliter, with the longest charge keep of all the weapons meaning it can't play rushdown and can't play distance leaving many to assume it is bad.

After looking at it though it requires you to play smarter, looking for the best opportunities to strike, and weigh the risk of each battle respectively. Basically you are playing as a tactician to force the enemies to play how you want them to.

while charge keep is best for a flank it also work well as a scare tactic on other chargers.
It's sub can be used as a pressure to force confrontation and it special is a great way to clear some room or act as a deterrent for super jump campers.

This is by far one of top tier hard to master this weapon but I do feel it has a lot of potential once players get used to it's unique style

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
So I unlocked the goo tuber and I think I discovered it's problem, it is completely different from the way you play any other charger,
A squiffer/ bambi's job is rushdown... to get close use clever positioning and quick thinking to get splats, while eliters is to use their range and slow charge time to oversee battles and take out key target from a safe distance.

However this charger has the range of a squiffer with the charge of an eliter, with the longest charge keep of all the weapons meaning it can't play rushdown and can't play distance leaving many to assume it is bad.

After looking at it though it requires you to play smarter, looking for the best opportunities to strike, and weigh the risk of each battle respectively. Basically you are playing as a tactician to force the enemies to play how you want them to.

while charge keep is best for a flank it also work well as a scare tactic on other chargers.
It's sub can be used as a pressure to force confrontation and it special is a great way to clear some room or act as a deterrent for super jump campers.

This is by far one of top tier hard to master this weapon but I do feel it has a lot of potential once players get used to it's unique style
Have you seen Dude's video about how to hold a charge indefinitely with any charger? Unless Nintendo edits that bug out, the very type of high level players who would take advantage of the goo tube would probably take advantage of the indefinite charge trick. Right now, that's the rub.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
A player on my team just standing around and doing nothing? If it were any other time I'd be more livid than a pack of Tazmanian devils.

Yet for some reason, I felt a bit of pity for them. As if they were a newbie with no idea what they were doing, distraught by their surroundings. One This Way! command later, and I have a sort of tag team partner that follows me around, and that I end up constantly keeping an eye on, for the whole match.

God, I take this game too seriously sometimes.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Have you seen Dude's video about how to hold a charge indefinitely with any charger? Unless Nintendo edits that bug out, the very type of high level players who would take advantage of the goo tube would probably take advantage of the indefinite charge trick. Right now, that's the rub.
Yeah I understand this is more advice on how I feel it will be used in the future (when the bug us patched) and some basic tips on how to use it now if you are feeling bold

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom