• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ultra777

Full Squid
NNID
crazydragon1000
The problem with the wall is, the windup is so slow, and the maps have so few real choke points that they easily walk around your wall by the time you deploy it, and your horizontal carbon flick is too short range to use the wall.
I'm quite positive that the Flingza Roller's horizontal flick is actually the normal Splat Roller's horizontal flick, not the Carbon's. It was shown in the Nintendo Direct where they showed the new weapons as having a Carbon Roller horizontal flick but it is different in the actual game.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Well since it's about Thursday, might as well take bets on this weekend's weapon release!

Doubtful we'll have another blaster for a second week in a row, so Range Blaster is out.

That leaves us with the vexing double-tapping Bamboozler, the extra thicc Hydra Splatling, and the team-bonding exercise Tenta Brella.

Place bets now!

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Uh...that doesn't seem like all the possibilities of weapons they could release. How do you figure it to be only those? Are those really the only ones they have yet to release?

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
No, there's plenty others. The Squeezer, Dark Tetra Dualies, and Glooga Dualies are still out there just for totally new weapon models. Then there's nearly 30 alternate kits of existing weapons.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Uh...that doesn't seem like all the possibilities of weapons they could release. How do you figure it to be only those? Are those really the only ones they have yet to release?
There are many, many more but I speculate these three are our most likely candidates for release. They already teased us with the Tenta Brella and the other two are alums from the first game that have yet to make their debut here.

Nintendo/1 odds that it turns out to be anything else! =p

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I figured they would do the Tenta Brella on Splatfest weekend. Actually isn't it almost time for another one?

I would like the Squeezer, but I'm guessing they'll do a big teaser before releasing that.

We haven't had a new roller yet, so I'll guess on a new roller. Gold dynamo maybe?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It will not be Tenta Brella.
No matter how much I want it to be -_-

And I don't think it'll be hydra or bamboozler just yet either, seeing as they've released heavy deco and squiffer.

I'm with J'Wiz, we've gotten darn near every weapon type for friday releases. We did have the inkbrush, but no new roller roller yet.
So my money's on carbon deco, gold dynamo, or foil flingza. (I'd consider breaking my new weapon boycott if it is gold dynamo or tenta brella)

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Really want to see what the squeezer is all about, but I don't think that releases for a little while yet -- either two or three Splatfests from now. Hope I'm wrong about that.

As for this week, I think it's tenta brella or bambboozler or.... something out of left field like the .96 gal or splash-o-matic alt kit.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Spaceswitchmars
Plz bring back the tentamissles, a squid can only take so many ballers and in kstorms before they lose it.

@Green Waffles
I also have to agree with you on that one, no new roller for a while, I personally am guessing it will be the new carbon cause that was the secomd roller to release but hey I wouldn't complain as long as the kit on whatever they release is at least semi decent

Though again the same goes for the duelies and the were the star of the show back in the announcement trailers...guess we'll have to see which child Nintendo favors.

the

Inkling Commander
If they release a new weapon, I'm thinking bamboozler or Tentabrella. If it's an alt, my bets are on custom jet squelcher or gold dynamo roller.

Award

They just need to increase the Flingza's vertical flick speed then it'll be plenty viable methinks. While the vertical still wouldn't kill much, it would now be great for painting, a roller niche now empty due to Dynamo nerfs. Sitting back behind your wall until you've charged Bomb Rush to take field control that rollers need would become a much better strat. That Nintendo hasn't given it any buffs, not even less points for special, is very concerning.

Also I'm expecting we'll actually get a Brella this week, but it'll be the Sorella Brella for maximum trolling. Ha nah, it'll either be another alt kit or the Tenta Brella finally.
I'd take that! I don't know that special charge needs to be improved on it. It charges its special pretty fast already due to its ink flick range. It might just become annoying OP if it starts spamming bombs like a *$#@ silver aerospray. I don't think they've nerfed or buffed any weapons yet that haven't been entirely broken (the tiny charger improvements that really didn't help, the carbon and sploosh mini-buffs, etc, other than crushing the super OP trislosher. They've clearly left the weapons to their own devices and focused on specials. I think the Oct update will be the one that drops the hammer on weapons (aero is going down. Even if you think it's not OP, aero is going down. :P ) Aero is OU beyond imagining, and if there's anything Nintendo hates, it's OU weapons/characters other than the "default" (Mario/Splattershot.)

If you don't see a buff to flingza and/or tuber in Oct: panic.

I'm quite positive that the Flingza Roller's horizontal flick is actually the normal Splat Roller's horizontal flick, not the Carbon's. It was shown in the Nintendo Direct where they showed the new weapons as having a Carbon Roller horizontal flick but it is different in the actual game.
Hmm....I haven't tested it out. Personally I think it's right in between the two and not TECHNICALLY the same as either. It feels faster than splat, by a bit, slower than carbon by a bit. The hitbox misses more than splat, but doesn't miss nearly as often as carbon. Carbon has a real problem not hitting when it seems like it should hit. In that regard it's just right, IMO. Since I also play Krak-On I wouldn't mind it being a normal roller but with a big ink dynamo vert. But it does seem nimbler than splat and heavier than carbon.

It will not be Tenta Brella.
No matter how much I want it to be -_-

And I don't think it'll be hydra or bamboozler just yet either, seeing as they've released heavy deco and squiffer.

I'm with J'Wiz, we've gotten darn near every weapon type for friday releases. We did have the inkbrush, but no new roller roller yet.
So my money's on carbon deco, gold dynamo, or foil flingza. (I'd consider breaking my new weapon boycott if it is gold dynamo or tenta brella)
What I want: Hydra, bambi, foil flingza.
What everybody expects: Tentabrella.
What we will get: Inkbrush nouveau. With inkmines. And bubble blower.

@Spaceswitchmars
Plz bring back the tentamissles, a squid can only take so many ballers and in kstorms before they lose it.

@Green Waffles
I also have to agree with you on that one, no new roller for a while, I personally am guessing it will be the new carbon cause that was the secomd roller to release but hey I wouldn't complain as long as the kit on whatever they release is at least semi decent

Though again the same goes for the duelies and the were the star of the show back in the announcement trailers...guess we'll have to see which child Nintendo favors.
You say this, and yet yesterday I was getting railed by wave after wave after wave of tentamissiles. Must have been like 3 of them on their team When one stopped, the next one started. And they'd stand right in front of you almost in range launching them, but you couldn't take them out because you're were busy dodging the missiles their teammate launched.... :P We spent the whole match running from missile to missile almost never leaving spawn. I couldn't stand it after a few similar matches and finally grabbed duelies to do it myself. :P

Duelies honestly seem to be the main purpose of S2. There's so much emphasis on duelies. I like them, but honestly all tolled there's too many of them. There's a duelie version of every other shooter. The two main sets and the dapple line were one thing. Making the dual squelchers into duelies was a bit much....but adding MORE of them I feel like they're going to become kind of boring and annoying.

BTW, Tuber: I'm reconsidering my stance on "stealth not necessary." I've been going with full swim speed kit for it...and I really like it...might stick with it. But I by accident left my roller gear on with ninja squid and 2 swim speeds. It actually went well. Felt slow to me. I'm used to sanic speed. But while the tuber can't haz stealth while charged, and it should in theory always be charged, I hadn't considered, after you fire your shot and pull back to charge again......with ninja, they don't know where you went to charge and therefore where you'll aim at them from when you return. Ninja may not be useless for it.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
You say this, and yet yesterday I was getting railed by wave after wave after wave of tentamissiles. Must have been like 3 of them on their team When one stopped, the next one started. And they'd stand right in front of you almost in range launching them, but you couldn't take them out because you're were busy dodging the missiles their teammate launched.... :p We spent the whole match running from missile to missile almost never leaving spawn. I couldn't stand it after a few similar matches and finally grabbed duelies to do it myself. :p
Yup. Something weird happened this week. I can't get into a ranked match in any mode without tenta spamming. The best is when, like you said, you just get done dodging one when another fires up. It's... real annoying.

Award

Yup. Something weird happened this week. I can't get into a ranked match in any mode without tenta spamming. The best is when, like you said, you just get done dodging one when another fires up. It's... real annoying.
Yeah. Add a baller or stingray while that's going on and it's a real mess. I've also noticed opposing teams seem to move in packs of 3-4 so if you find one, you're dead. But my team scatters everywhere. If I pair up and tail one of them as I'm prone to do with flingza and tuber...the other two are still two other random places! The new Tentamissle pattern is, one is off firing missles, and the other three plow into your group while you're running.....then the other joins in and another backs off to fire missles.

I think missiles actually needs to be....not nerfed...but adjusted. I think they need to leave the circles on the ground until the drop is done rather than removing them before the missiles drop so you can see if you're in the way of a teammates falling missles or not. Right now missles are unfair if you retreat from your impact but end up somewhere where a teammate was but isn't there anymore. There's no way to know it's a danger zone once those circles vanish. Either that or instead of a staggered drop they should all drop simultaneously so the threat is done after you get to safety and clear the drop. The special and power is fine, but the situational awareness needs improving.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I don't think it's time for a new model yet. Guessing Slosher Deco, Carbon Roller Deco, N-Zap '89, Neo Sploosh, or .52 Deco myself. Probably something with a low level requirement, since the RBP was the highest-level new weapon so far.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
It's over! I've finally achieved S+10 in Tower Control and thus equalised my rank in all modes once more!

Now this is done I'll be taking a lengthy break from Ranked, will occasionally hop on for League when I feel like playing and I will of course participate in Splatfests and mess with Salmon Run and Turf to finally get my gear sorted into the builds I want (I typically wear the same 3 pieces for everything, consisting on Ink Saver Main, Ink Saver Sub and little else :P). I'm going to be moving to a house that doesn't have access to fibre broadband at the moment (no more space to add houses) so there's enough of a reason to not play Ranked for a while, don't want to dc out of matches and go down to S+0. Hopefully the speeds aren't too dreadful for Splatoon 2, would suck to be unable to play the game at all (I would tether to my phone for Splatfests at the very least).

As for the Tenta Brella, I too believe it'll be a Splatfest release weapon, it's an easy way to shove it into people's faces, as the active player numbers online are typically greater during those events (they did it for the release of Bubble Blower with Forge). I have a handful of weapons I would like to see next, mainly between Slosher Deco, Tri-Slosher Nouveau, Neo Splash and 96 Deco because they all have kits I want to get my hands on, especially Neo Splash as I love Splash but Toxic Mist and Inkjet doesn't really do it for me, but having Burst Bombs back will be nice, I loved Neo Splash in 1 before it got buffed, then loved it even more thereafter. I have a feeling that the Splatfest theme will be announced on social media this weekend to be announced in-game next weekend to take place the weekend after (so essentially 2 weeks from now). Also we're getting pretty close to October so I'd expect the new patch to drop either next week or the one after, hopefully we can see some better changes added (especially for the Splash, would love it to contend better with other close range weapons) to shake things up a little more and make things a little more diverse than they are currently, but the game is definitely in a better place now the Ink Armor, Inkjet and Tri-Slosher meta is over.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
*looks at calendar*

Yep, the next splatfest and patch will most likely be before the last week of October. Because once Super Mario Odyssey is released, there'll be a dip in matchmaking availability for a good spell.

Heck, as @Cyan mentioned, the patch and splatfest could be within the next two weeks to leave room for that SuMO pre-release hype.

As for this week... *slides a stack of betting chips on the bamboozler spot*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom