• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
The weapon we've all been asking for:

(That's squid beacons sub and bubble blower special if ya don't feel like clicking on the tweet and hitting the "translate" button.)
*sigh* Another weapon I'll never use...

Maybe next week my sweet Custom Jet/Duile Squelchers, Hydra, Neo Splash-o-matic, and Tetra Dualies...

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Oh God. I just realized this means all of those snipers who can't snipe that I always get stuck with will be trying this weapon out... At least they'll hopefully get it out of their system during Splatfest so I don't have to deal with people giving me cracks in my rank meter over this. I can get those cracks just fine on my own, thank you very much.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Oh God. I just realized this means all of those snipers who can't snipe that I always get stuck with will be trying this weapon out... At least they'll hopefully get it out of their system during Splatfest so I don't have to deal with people giving me cracks in my rank meter over this. I can get those cracks just fine on my own, thank you very much.
You know, that's a fair point. Lots of people are going to try this in the splatfest... in team mode... going against me and my group of heavies playing the best we can...
eeriesmileT.png

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
You know, that's a fair point. Lots of people are going to try this in the splatfest... in team mode... going against me and my group of heavies playing the best we can...
View attachment 5698
Seems like a vampire thing to do. Werewolves aren't exactly the kind of group who wants to shoot at people from half a map away. But you'll have plenty of fun playing against other team vampire teams since that's going to be by far the popular (and losing) vote.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Seems like a vampire thing to do. Werewolves aren't exactly the kind of group who wants to shoot at people from half a map away. But you'll have plenty of fun playing against other team vampire teams since that's going to be by far the popular (and losing) vote.
It's been pretty even everywhere I've seen, so I look forward to sucking some fur! Wait a minute...

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
"I wish furries were..." nvm.

Let them do it in splatfest. It's an excellent painter! Unfortunately that happens to be the ONLY thing it's excellent at..... :P

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I for one am glad they're releasing a weapon that's bad at Turf Wars right before Splatfest. One less thing for me to worry about. And one of my favorite weapons to chuck autobombs at.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I mean, I guess it's technically two weapons at once?

Naw, still indifferent. I prefer the vanilla Eliter 4k for the ink storm ink control as opposed to the bubbl ink control.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Hey on the bright side, this means we could get any alt kit even before all the ones available from the get go in Splatoon 1 return. I guess it's safe to start hoping for the Slosher Deco every week!

I think the meme is "Dude said [insert OP wep] is bad" and "Dude said [insert under used wep] is OP" But I had to admit I'm chuckling with the very super-meta meme. It's head and shoulders above furries and "I wish x was real."

Ok, I'll bite.
"I wish DUDE was real."

Whooooaaaa, now THAT is how it's done!! :scared:

Not all aerosprays are laggers, but the majority of laggers seem to be aerosprays. ;)

Precisely as you said, you can get splats with stray shots with the weapon, and the lag means you're firing stray shots potentially EVERYWHERE depending on where the system thinks you're aiming. Tellingly however, it didn't behave the same way in S1, so something changed about how it registers hits in S2. There's a reason aero is all over ranked in this game unlike the first one, and it's not just about the baller! My frustration comes not from the aero itself, but from them seeing aero was a problem but not understanding what the problem is. If you're going to go the route of "it's not lag, it's just the weapon" then you have to look at the aero being a far better shooter (at least pre-1.4?) than you give it credit for. The stats players playing them are racking up speak to the contrary. There's a lot of players out there that have been racking up top of lobby splats with that weapon. I've done it myself. It's the wrong weapon for some situations and will miss those all important shots particularly if the aero user is not lagging and is shooting at someone who is. But if you close in like a sploosh it's equally deadly (try it in the test range....kills more or less as fast as sploosh/dapple at sploosh range. Or at least did, assuming they didn't fix it in the patch and tell no one...I haven't tried it again yet.)

It's a Luna Shooter. :D

Glad baller can still be good, I've heard some heavy complaints about it. I haven't tried it yet, in large part because Krak-on is the only wep I play that has it, and I've mostly replaced that with Flingza, so I might not be testing it for some time.

OMG it's even worse than I thought. The most useless weapon in the game gets and even more useless variant. I'm glad to see the return of the beacons on eliter, I loved playing the CEliter with QSJ in S1...but bubble blower? On a weapon that was already borderline useless? Do they not know that nobody plays it? Or in Japan is it still filled with eliter players everywhere because screw the meta? @birdiebee needs to keep us informed of such things :) 2 years ago I'd have been jumping up and down with joy for a new eliter...... how times have changed!
Lag is the delay before your actions register to other players, it does not somehow make your shots go everywhere, deal more damage, have more range, or anything else. The system doesn't change your aim beyond where it thinks the opponent is, but you still have to actually hit the opponent as your weapon normally would to get the splat no matter how much lag there is. So as continually said, the Aerospray gains no further benefits from lag than other shooters.

As for it dominating ranked, I thought you said you don't play ranked? Regardless, in my experience the opposite is true. In S+ atleast the Aerospray is pretty uncommon and for good reason, as 90% of the time they contribute towards 5 splats at best. And it's not just because it's noobs using the weapon, I've seen strong players struggle with it aswell.

I think my assessment of the weapon is pretty fair. It's inferior to every other short range shooter as they can do everything the Aerospray can but more and better, especially now that it's one niche of turfing slightly faster is no more. Again, doesn't mean you can't do well with the weapon, just that it'll be harder to do well with than other shooters.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I think the meme is "Dude said [insert OP wep] is bad" and "Dude said [insert under used wep] is OP" But I had to admit I'm chuckling with the very super-meta meme. It's head and shoulders above furries and "I wish x was real."

Ok, I'll bite.
"I wish DUDE was real."

Whooooaaaa, now THAT is how it's done!! :scared:

Not all aerosprays are laggers, but the majority of laggers seem to be aerosprays. ;)

Precisely as you said, you can get splats with stray shots with the weapon, and the lag means you're firing stray shots potentially EVERYWHERE depending on where the system thinks you're aiming. Tellingly however, it didn't behave the same way in S1, so something changed about how it registers hits in S2. There's a reason aero is all over ranked in this game unlike the first one, and it's not just about the baller! My frustration comes not from the aero itself, but from them seeing aero was a problem but not understanding what the problem is. If you're going to go the route of "it's not lag, it's just the weapon" then you have to look at the aero being a far better shooter (at least pre-1.4?) than you give it credit for. The stats players playing them are racking up speak to the contrary. There's a lot of players out there that have been racking up top of lobby splats with that weapon. I've done it myself. It's the wrong weapon for some situations and will miss those all important shots particularly if the aero user is not lagging and is shooting at someone who is. But if you close in like a sploosh it's equally deadly (try it in the test range....kills more or less as fast as sploosh/dapple at sploosh range. Or at least did, assuming they didn't fix it in the patch and tell no one...I haven't tried it again yet.)

It's a Luna Shooter. :D

Glad baller can still be good, I've heard some heavy complaints about it. I haven't tried it yet, in large part because Krak-on is the only wep I play that has it, and I've mostly replaced that with Flingza, so I might not be testing it for some time.

OMG it's even worse than I thought. The most useless weapon in the game gets and even more useless variant. I'm glad to see the return of the beacons on eliter, I loved playing the CEliter with QSJ in S1...but bubble blower? On a weapon that was already borderline useless? Do they not know that nobody plays it? Or in Japan is it still filled with eliter players everywhere because screw the meta? @birdiebee needs to keep us informed of such things :) 2 years ago I'd have been jumping up and down with joy for a new eliter...... how times have changed!
Ahem.....because of how I have been playing flex as well as a defender of the non-meta, I play this weapon occasionally and it isn't all that

Ahem.... pull out another soapbox, places it on top previous soapbox
Again I see a lot of heat for the e-liter 4k yes it is not as powerful as It's predecessor, nor would I ever want it to be. I guess (again) this is a little unique case cause I refused to play the e-liter 3k in the original but I find this one to actually be enjoyable.
I have also tried out the new kit a little and I love it, a supporting charger, not a special charge to close range monster, but a fighter that has to use It's range and know It's limits while making sure to keep their team in mind .
Played properly I went 11-1 (no assists) with the custom, plus I have used vanilla e-liter 4k and beat Dude in solo queue with it.

Overall what I am saying is don't write this eliter off so quickly, it is a very rewarding and enjoyable charger to use. (Charger pierce triple bubble pop)

Also for those who want to know what I use
Vanilla
:ability_inkresistance::ability_specialduration::ability_inkresistance::ability_inkresistance:
:ability_swimspeed::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
:ability_runspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_inkresistance:
Custom
:ability_runspeed::ability_bombrange::ability_defenseup::ability_bombrange:
:ability_swimspeed::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_bombrange::ability_runspeed:

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
I kinda agree, though I do like the many spinners making sprinklers more useful.
The spinners on the stage are probably my favorite part of the stage, it would had been nice if they had replace that big wall in the middle dividing the different sides with a smaller sized spinner.

the

Inkling Commander
Wow is it just me or is werewolf like, really slaughtering vampire

I think I've lost all but 2 of my matches against them

Edit: 3, and i FINALLY got shifty station for the first time... I think that's my cue to stop for the night lol

Last edited:

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Wow is it just me or is werewolf like, really slaughtering vampire

I think I've lost all but 2 of my matches against them

Edit: 3, and i FINALLY got shifty station for the first time... I think that's my cue to stop for the night lol
My buds (and wife) did pretty okay for team werewolf. One weird thing was how often we faced against Japanese teams (complete with Japanese characters for their names, the Japanese meta, and mega lag)...which was a slaughtering I wasn’t pumped about. That didn’t feel fun when that went down.

But we went 25-18. Not great but not awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom