Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Interesting, so solo splatfest is infamously awful? I thought it was just me. Usually only the second half of the day but you can go tentacles to the wall berzerk inking, killing and tearing through like a one squid demolition squad, only to still be decimated more times than not. I've only done some squad fest. Honestly we were getting kind of screwed with lagathon enemies that way too with some really obscene losses. :p
Solo anything in this game is awful, splatfests are no exception ;)

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Aww~, poor Marina.

So after finishing a warm breakfast how should I lemon my lunch? With lemon pepper, grated lemon, lemon juice, or just a whole lemon?

Wonder if NoA splatfest choices will involve dinner.

Award

Aww~, poor Marina.

So after finishing a warm breakfast how should I lemon my lunch? With lemon pepper, grated lemon, lemon juice, or just a whole lemon?

Wonder if NoA splatfest choices will involve dinner.
French fries vs. artichoke hearts. Gotta keep the Pearl/Marina dynamic consistent!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Wait, I like artichoke hearts. (Maybe not as much as french fries) I could play on Team Marina once more! And my crews will join me bec--no, let go yall, but artichoke hearts, but my heart, stop making me be reasonable and choose french fries, HALP Marina~!

Saber

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
You think solo queue is bad you merely adopted it, I was born in solo splatters, molded by solo ranked, I didn't go to private battles until I was a man:cool::cool::cool:

Though in all seriousness outside of the occasional sub battles and salmon run teamups with @ThatSrb2DUDE I spend mostly all my time with both games in solo queue (favoring the quite awful ranked matchups...)
How I kept my S+ and my sanity though that is a mystery, I guess I am just :ability_coldblooded: due to the pain nowadays.

Also towards the lemon vs no lemon my chicken piccata, and lobster tail (Italian pastry that occasionally uses lemon zest) my mind is pretty much made up.... but I am in the US so I will likely get a different lame splatfest theme (after the T.P war it is only a matter of time)

Award

You think solo queue is bad you merely adopted it, I was born in solo splatters, molded by solo ranked, I didn't go to private battles until I was a man:cool::cool::cool:

Though in all seriousness outside of the occasional sub battles and salmon run teamups with @ThatSrb2DUDE I spend mostly all my time with both games in solo queue (favoring the quite awful ranked matchups...)
How I kept my S+ and my sanity though that is a mystery, I guess I am just :ability_coldblooded: due to the pain nowadays.

Also towards the lemon vs no lemon my chicken piccata, and lobster tail (Italian pastry that occasionally uses lemon zest) my mind is pretty much made up.... but I am in the US so I will likely get a different lame splatfest theme (after the T.P war it is only a matter of time)
LOL, you and dude teaming up for SR....those poor, poor salmonids... :( They didn't do anything to deserve that fate. You monster.

Me on the other hand, I've played solo ranked like 4 or 5 times since I got the game. I kind of got my B- and parked it there. Once a month or so I get the keen idea to slide up every mode on my 2 accounts by another +1. This weekend was that run. So on one account, I played the TC rotation with gold dynamo (because I was feeling so hipster that tuber just wasn't 1337 enough :P), and shot straight up from B to B+ without a single loss, and every single match a KO and the whole team performed almost equal in k/d. So I was feeling lucky. Hey they fixed matchmaking, it feels right now, B is easy as it should be!

Wrong.

I went to my other account and won 5 of 15 games, where the wins were wins by a single point and the rest were merely grinds to prevent KO and protect the loss at all costs! We're talking matches where I went 17(5)/2 with the gold dynamo and everyone else went like 6(3)/7 with splattershots and aerosprays..... I finished with 3 cracks and BARELY above the ok line.

How the same player, with the same weapon, in the same rotation can be matchmade on one account to have endless easy victories, and on another account to have almost forced guaranteed losses.....yeah...solo queue is borked completely! And with that I retire from solo ranked again for another month. There's a tiny chance I hit S by December. 2018. :P

hmm...something tells me Tokyo isn't really doing the whole chicken piccatta thing.... ;) Then again, who knows. Everyone have their Kuri KFC pre-ordered yet? :P

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
Any EU players have any thoughts on the Splatfest that just ended? It's just too bad we only get so short to play on these Shifty Stations.
I forgot to play this Splatfest like an idiot. Was it the Vampire v Werewolf Shifty Station or a new one?
The sad truth of having no friends who play Splatoon.

Not that I would play with anyone else anyway.

Award

Aww frick, I didn't actually think we would get it since the yanks didn't get the Front v Back Roll Station.

I still think it looks way better than the last Shifty Station.
You haven't played it yet ;)

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I feel that people were more against the layout because of the idea of its gimmicky-ness than because of how matches actually turned out in practice. I mean, it has some interesting terrain to make use of, there's a good balance of openness and more cramped quarters, the halves are approachable from two points, and it's possible, but not necessarily easy, to push the enemy back to spawn.
It's a stage that requires some decent thinking about the layout while not being too complicated for a 24-hour limited stage.

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
I actually enjoyed sniping on the last Shifty Station. Granted, my team still lost every game I used a charger in so it was bittersweet feeling. ;v;

Award

MATHEMATICAL!

I feel that people were more against the layout because of the idea of its gimmicky-ness than because of how matches actually turned out in practice. I mean, it has some interesting terrain to make use of, there's a good balance of openness and more cramped quarters, the halves are approachable from two points, and it's possible, but not necessarily easy, to push the enemy back to spawn.
It's a stage that requires some decent thinking about the layout while not being too complicated for a 24-hour limited stage.
I abused beacons like no tomorrow. It definitely was a map-specific unfair advantage for whatever team had beacons on the team. I think that represented a problem, as well as the fact that chargers, while useless overall in S2's tiny maps, were entirely useless once the team pushed into the other half. The design is cool in a vacuum, but it doesn't really play well with the game Splatoon 2 is. I didn't hate playing on it (because I was the one with the beacons), but, objectively....it was pretty awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom