Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I abused beacons like no tomorrow. It definitely was a map-specific unfair advantage for whatever team had beacons on the team. I think that represented a problem, as well as the fact that chargers, while useless overall in S2's tiny maps, were entirely useless once the team pushed into the other half. The design is cool in a vacuum, but it doesn't really play well with the game Splatoon 2 is. I didn't hate playing on it (because I was the one with the beacons), but, objectively....it was pretty awful.
It's not like anyone actually uses beakons you place, so I don't really think that's as big as an advantage as you think. Hell, I don't think I saw a single beakon the entire Splatfest, and that goes for the other stages in rotation as well.

All I know is, I've had a lot of intense and fun matches on it, so whatever problems there might be in theory, it didn't end up being an issue.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I thought your post was about to say ''Currently waiting for the Hydra to come back'' but eh! I agree to that anyways lol
That too. If the Hydra doesn't come out before 2.0 I'm gonna lose my mind. I need it back.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
We shouldn't have to wait 4 goddamn months for things we already had come on
We're missing gear that Splatoon 1 had at launch, man. Think about that. Forget the later on content updates, we're missing some gear we had at LAUNCH in the first game.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
It's not like anyone actually uses beakons you place, so I don't really think that's as big as an advantage as you think. Hell, I don't think I saw a single beakon the entire Splatfest, and that goes for the other stages in rotation as well.

All I know is, I've had a lot of intense and fun matches on it, so whatever problems there might be in theory, it didn't end up being an issue.
Interestingly I have very different lobbies. People in my lobbies use beacons like crazy. And it's frustrating if I try to use CEliter (admittedly rare these days) where I set up beacons for my own use and they're gone :p Both in solo queue, and with friends, those beacons were certainly made use of and it made a push almost unstoppable once it got into the other half (except for those matches with the invincible laggers that could survive 3 bambi shots, 5 splattershot hits to the face, and 3 sloshing machine hits to the face only to wipe my team.... :p )

Currently waiting for version 2.0 to drop. This game desperately needs it.
Whoah, I didn't think Splatoon was officially out in Korea yet! Emulation I guess.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Are we placing bets yet on the new weapon this week? I'm guessing HYDRA!!!!!!!!

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
It's safe for me to always bet on a weapon I don't really care about. Hmmm....Ink Brush Neon or whatever it's called?

Splatnet finally lets you look at the Salmon Run schedule, so that's cool.

Award

Range blaster deco.
Do *NOT* tease me like that!

It's too soon. Range just came out. J'Wiz probably has it right. New inkbrush. Since the first inkbrush is the best possible kit for the brush, that would make it an utterly useless weapon from any angle. I'll put $20 on Green.

@Saber btw, I'm *REALLY* loving gold dynamo. It might be my new main main even over tuber! (Conveniently it's hated even more!) I did try the silver again....and I can NOT get those mines to be useful in any way. Wish I could go THAT hipster, but I fear I can't follow you there..... But gold is just amazing to me. I'm getting used to being a kill leader with the thing on a fairly regular basis. I don't think any other weapon has netted me consistent double digit TW kills.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't think the second Inkbrush will come out until after the second Octobrush hits. Considering the latter is now treated as the default brush and was in the base game.

I think the 2nd Octobrush would actually be a pretty safe bet for this week.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
We've had 2 variants in a row. 2 Weeks ago was Gold Dynamo, and last week was Custom Jet Squelcher, and I think it would be ****ing dumb if they didn't release the Hydra (totally not biased and salty I swear) Yeah I totally am
It would make more sense to me if it was the Hydra, or at the very least a new weapon

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
We've had 2 variants in a row. 2 Weeks ago was Gold Dynamo, and last week was Custom Jet Squelcher, and I think it would be ****ing dumb if they didn't release the Hydra (totally not biased and salty I swear) Yeah I totally am
It would make more sense to me if it was the Hydra, or at the very least a new weapon
I've been hoping for another one of the new to S2 weapons (the...um... sneezer?), but I don't dare hope too hard, lest my heart become broken. The hydra would be super cool as a consolation prize because I quit S1 before it dropped, and I'm interested in trying it.

Saber

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I am putting chips down on the new squiffer, I really REALLY like it, I am guessing though we might be getting a new duelie variant instead since it has been so long since we have seen a new one of those.
Along with a nerf for the pocket splattershot
#NotMyPocket

@Award I am glad you are liking it I had been meaning to ask what gear do you use with it, my avg dynamo set is okay but I don't feel it works as well towards this set.
Also I went to TC and played squiffer went 23-5 and discovered that both ink armor and point sensor counts towards assists in a battle
(I kinda knew about the ink armor but had no idea it also count toward Point sensor as well)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Now we can view salmon run schedules on the splatnet app! That would've been nice months ago, but I'll take it.

Award

I am putting chips down on the new squiffer, I really REALLY like it, I am guessing though we might be getting a new duelie variant instead since it has been so long since we have seen a new one of those.
Along with a nerf for the pocket splattershot
#NotMyPocket

@Award I am glad you are liking it I had been meaning to ask what gear do you use with it, my avg dynamo set is okay but I don't feel it works as well towards this set.
Also I went to TC and played squiffer went 23-5 and discovered that both ink armor and point sensor counts towards assists in a battle
(I kinda knew about the ink armor but had no idea it also count toward Point sensor as well)
Pocket Splattershot? Jr.? Or a mockery of the vanilla/TTK instakill?

Honestly with dynamo I've been running mostly my range blaster set which is ink saver main, ink saver sub, ink recovery. Lack of mobility hasn't been harming me since rushdowns are pretty much not going to happen with a dynamo, and hasty retreats really aren't going to happen either...I just stand my ground for the trade if they close in too much. I definitely play prairie dog pop-up with splat bombs though to keep them at distance. I sometimes consider ink resist as I do get too stuck more than occasionally, but I find if I play with planning my actions and routing, including escape, in advance of commitment, I'm fine, it's when I race ahead of my brain it gets me in trouble without it. So things have been going well with one main each, and....can't remember what my more or less random subs are. I think some special charge/special saver, a lone swim speed, an extra ink saver sub and ink recovery sub.....maybe a cold blooded sub mixed in. Going back to the "tactician" thing, I think dynamo really works best that way. Unlike other weapons that you can adapt on the fly, dynamo is played almost like a turn-based game. You plan your entrance and exit, execute as a turn, and have the whole encounter mapped in your head before you engage. Once you hit the button your turn starts and you can't change it. :P The recovery + saver sub seems really important with gold since you need to have access to those bombs AND flings. With silver the mines don't really lend the need to cycle fast after dropping so neither of those slots are as critical to have ink abilities.

In S1 with dynamo I ran ninja squid and speed with ink saver main. In S2 I don't see much need for a ninja dynamo. They're going to know you're there.... :P

FWIW I've been experimenting with ninja squid on tuber, after all. I tried 2 special charge up, but it didn't play different than one special charge up. But ninja, after the 1.4 update does let you reposition sneakily and go for the bambi double tap. You can't hide your glow if you have ANY charge stored, but it's had good effect vanishing after a miss or tap only to pop up elsewhere.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
My weapon bet for the week: A brand new weapon. Surely they won't give us another weapon variant for the third week in a row. And surely they enjoy torturing as we beg for the Hydra Splatling. :mad:

I don't think the second Inkbrush will come out until after the second Octobrush hits. Considering the latter is now treated as the default brush and was in the base game.
I think it's kinda sad. The Octobrush even gets a "hero variant" and the name "Herobrush" too. Poor poor inkbrush.

(P.S. This thread is now open for Single Player discussion if you guys ever feel like talking about it).
SPOILER!!11!: Rocks Rain falls, everyone dies! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom