Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
When I checked the Splatnet App during lunch break today I noticed the UI changed a bit. I thought it was just merely cosmetic at first but sheesh, I didn't know how much I wished for a main button to link to the store until they finally did it. Bless, Ninty, bless. :D

And surely they enjoy torturing as we beg for the Hydra Splatling. :mad:
We should try reverse psychology instead: Ninty, don't give us the Hydra, please, anything but the Hydra, nobody liked the weapon anyway!

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
We should try reverse psychology instead: Ninty, don't give us the Hydra, please, anything but the Hydra, nobody liked the weapon anyway!
I think it's working!
Nintendo!! Never add the Hydra Splatling ever! And don't EVER add the Custom Hydra Splatling either! God, please! Don't do it! Please!

ihopeitworks

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Y'know what—the Hydra Splatlings never existed!

All of us Splatoon1 vets are suffering from some sort of mass delusion, shared imagination, Mandela Effect, fandom collaboration, what-have-you. It's an urban legend we made up and elaborated upon so thoroughly that we all began to believe it actually existed.

Wake up sheeple squeeple!! The Hydra Splatling series never existed and doesn't, we just hope Nintendo makes it exist. :confused:

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@Ansible
You're absolutely right,
unlike playable octolings, which were in splat 1 but they didn't carry it over to 2 for some dumb bunny reason.
I'm still waiting for playable octolings Mr. Nogami.

Also, I put this weeks bet money on Glooga dualies for tomorrow's release!
They won't give us Hydra (
because it never existed in the first place ), nintendo doesn't like anyone who liked hydra, and it's been a couple weeks since we got a new main weapon
AND and we haven't gotten a dooly for a while now
(and and and there was that "leak" the other week were apparently some players had them unlocked in store for a short bit on accident instead of the gold dynamo... and didn't bother uploading ANY video footage >_> )

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Whatever you do Nintendo, don't add the N-ZAP 89 back in. I would have to quit Splatoon 2 if that happened...

(And I just got it today so don't ruin it for me, Nintendo).

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
You know, I pretty much never saw the Hydra in Splatoon 1, so if anything, they would make more people happy with the second Inkbrush or N'Zap.

Also, I sure got proven wrong quickly,

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
We are now on week three of variant weapon releases. Bah. This looks like yet another weapon people will use over the weekend and then forget about, there is zero range on that kit.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
I give up
I'll just main Goo Tuber
There's no hope
My favorite tweet reply to this release:
Ink Mine and Baller though? I see the troll potential but I don't think the Baller is that good a special on this particular weapon. Meh, not the greatest release on paper, but it could be worse I guess. Why no Hydra though.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Poor Inkbrush came a balancing patch too late.

It's nice to see another weapon with an uncommon sub weapon, but i doubt it's going to be able to put up a fight with the current meta weapons.

Award

What's a Hydra? ;)
I think it's a multi headed beast of some kind. Pretty sure they were in Kid Icarus: Uprising?

Y'know what—the Hydra Splatlings never existed!

All of us Splatoon1 vets are suffering from some sort of mass delusion, shared imagination, Mandela Effect, fandom collaboration, what-have-you. It's an urban legend we made up and elaborated upon so thoroughly that we all began to believe it actually existed.

Wake up sheeple squeeple!! The Hydra Splatling series never existed and doesn't, we just hope Nintendo makes it exist. :confused:
Oh, so you mean it's like the Eliters that were good?

I'll just main Goo Tuber
One of us! One of us! (Though I might me making tuber secondary to dynamo now....)

I give up
I'll just main Goo Tuber
There's no hope
FRAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!

(Sadly this forum software refuses to post the below image even though it shows me it's posting it, so here's a link. Blech. https://media.giphy.com/media/IA1q3iIjmZoas/giphy.gif)

That has got to be the most useless weapon in the game. Even 4k Scope is more usable than the inkbrush with the worse kit than the one we already had! Splatoon is sinking to new lows. "Rabbid Mario vs Rabbid Luigi" Splatfest confirmed!!!1

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Okay, so I was wrong. They can go three weeks with old variants.

But did they really have to stick with ink mines and baller on a melee weapon?! Especially a low damage output melee weapon. Oof!

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Oh? What's that everyone? I can't hear you over the sound of me being right!

I hope this means next week will have a big weapon release. Maybe Dark and Light Tetra Dualies?
Is it wrong to hold a Nintendo employee hostage if it leads to the release of all not-yet-released weapons? It's at least a moral gray area, right? Right, guys? Right? Anybody?

Award

Heck this might be the first weapon I don't even buy to try at all. I mean it's so horrifyingly bad. It's not even a challenge weapon. The inkbrush is a challenge weapon. This is just the bad version of that.

Is it wrong to hold a Nintendo employee hostage if it leads to the release of all not-yet-released weapons? It's at least a moral gray area, right? Right, guys? Right? Anybody?
Go for Trinnen. Nobody would release the hydra to recover Reggie. Even I wouldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom