• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Well I guess I am going to be wearing a lot of object shredder and respawn punisher,

Anyway I am hearing murmurings of another nintendo direct on the horizon both, can anyone confirm this?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Am I crazy or are most people who throw matches/squidparty/otherwise ruin your day people who've played the game for hundreds of hours? Everytime I go block someone, they're players with a lot of playtime under their belt. I wonder what's up with that? If you're getting bored with the game just play something else for chrissake.
Anyway I am hearing murmurings of another nintendo direct on the horizon both, can anyone confirm this?
No one can confirm this since Nintendo hasn't talked about one yet.

But it's safe to say there will be another one somewhere before Smash launches.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Well November is almost here so we'll have official confirmation of a direct eventually, which will probably test the recent Smash leaks and hopefully include a "okay, we'll save your Sploon data now" announcement.

Meanwhile Japan has already announced it's upcoming Pocky flavoured Splatfest on the 10th-11th, so expect to see a datamine of our next Shifty Station--yay or nay!!
Code:
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1055746167248572417

Also, one of my nephews gave in to peer pressure--so I wound up getting him Splatoon 2 for his birthday, just in time to play the last Splatfest with his friends. I'll check in on him later but first I'm gonna find him online, change my name to GIT GUD, clash blaster terrorize him, and seabag him everytime trollololololo (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 !!!

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Kindawerid they halved the oost maybe to ease up the cache

Anyways since they is a new direct coming soon here what I want to see

I want extra skins for characters, odyessy, botw, splatoon 2 so many great skins and I would love to see them included
Plus I like to see amiibo costumes for spaltoon 2 now that it is offical in smash...cuz the concept art I have seen is amazing (like the master sword inkbrush)

I believe the leak is plausible again waiting til nov for it to clear up....it could also be a bait to throw the community off, but again I have no clue

Smash Run 8 player online mode.....that is all

Sora from Kingdon hearts, more or less I want him in not only cuz he is a fun character but has some great music I would love to listen to

Stage builder improvements
- Story mode

And lastly
Online, I want it to simply be better for glory was a meme but fun, for fun was a mess, and spectate became a mode for gamblers.....all were eh but I would really like to be able to do more with my online experience and hope nintemdo feels the same

Last edited:

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
the splatoon 2 and smash direct are the only subjects i am looking forward to when it comes to nintendo direct! :D

and hopefully for smash they will finally announce Sora and Shadow! those 2 i want in so bad and they got a big chance of getting in! >.<

as for splatoon 2..more hairstyles for octolings,maybe a new brush weapons cause when was the last time we had 1? and there will be also be a new special that includes a hammer right? sooo i wanna see more of that too! and new gear is always nice but they often include new ones in updates

Cephalobro

Since a new Nintendo Direct is coming up, here are some personal wishes: More Octoling hairstyles, new Salmon Run gear being distributed for the rest of Splatoon 2's support cycle (I mean the Splatfest support, not content support) and Smash story mode (preferably one that allows you to pick the gender of characters who can be male or female).

My reasons for wanting Salmon Run to keep giving out new gear for the rest of the cycle are to give incentive for players to keep playing the game until Splatfests end for the game and that there are chances for Salmon Run gear to be the replicas for the rest of single-player related gear (looking at you, Agent 4 armor!)

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
and hopefully for smash they will finally announce Sora and Shadow! those 2 i want in so bad and they got a big chance of getting in! >.<
Sora hasn't got a chance in hell at getting into Smash.

Shadow I can see as a clone, since Richter proves a 3rd party franchise can have 2 characters. But Richter had a very Sakurai-y reason to get in, so I don't think he'll happen.

Neither of them deserve a slot, since there's still plenty of important Nintendo characters that aren't in.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233

Shadow I can see as a clone, since Richter proves a 3rd party franchise can have 2 characters. But Richter had a very Sakurai-y reason to get in, so I don't think he'll happen.

Neither of them deserve a slot, since there's still plenty of important Nintendo characters that aren't in.
True but it is already confirmed thy at Nintendo has been working on a relationship with Squsre Enix, plus popular smash leaker vergeben has stated 1 SE character for Ulimate (many people believe it likely to be geno)
Since they already have 1 square enix character it isn't unlikely for Nintendo to negotiate for Sora to be in game (and maybe work for KH3 for switch)

Also if someone says Disney is a stickler for using their franchises
Thanos was dabbing in fortnite, let EA make 2 Battlefront games, and let nintendo even make 2 epic mickey games and 3 cannon Kingdom hearts games....so :confused:

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Well, I wouldn't say that. He has a chance, it is just ridiculously small at the current time considering how limited they were when adding Cloud and the additional hoop of Disney. There's just a lot of hurdles to him. But otherwise, Sora is kind of one of the most requested characters when it comes to Smash polls.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
As much as people say ARMS doesn't have a chance in Smash, selling less than 1 2 Switch, I still am 100% sure that at least 2 reps and a stage will make it in. Maybe even the healing circle thing from the game as an item, but hey - you know what they say: never expect anything from Nintendo, or the Direct will be very long for you.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
it's just so hard to predict the next characters that might be announced,the list of characters that people want keep growing,only 1 rumor or a *cough* fake *cough* leak is needed to get the hype started ^^''

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I don't know about you guys, but SmashBoards is just too active for me.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
plus popular smash leaker vergeben has stated 1 SE character for Ulimate (many people believe it likely to be geno)
First of all, rumors are just rumors. Secondly, the most obvious second SE rep would be a DQ character. That IS pretty much the biggest deal ever over in Japan, and the series has an important history with Nintendo and every DQ game is available in some form for Nintendo platforms (even more specific: at least one version of each DQ game came out on a Nintendo handheld).

I so, so hope Sakurai doesn't take Ultimate's focus on fanservice too far by including Geno, though.
and let nintendo even make 2 epic mickey games and 3 cannon Kingdom hearts games....so
Nintendo didn't make any Epic Mickey or KH games. They published the first Epic Mickey game in Japan. Sometimes they publish games in certain regions that they otherwise have nothing to do with.

Well, I wouldn't say that. He has a chance, it is just ridiculously small at the current time considering how limited they were when adding Cloud and the additional hoop of Disney. There's just a lot of hurdles to him. But otherwise, Sora is kind of one of the most requested characters when it comes to Smash polls.
As is Goku.

The fact that KH is a Disney crossover game is reason alone to never add Sora. It wouldn't be a proper KH representation without at least some Disney stuff (stage? trophy? cameo during final smash?).

But even if that wasn't a problem, KH isn't important to Nintendo, nor is it a highly iconic Japanese series. All other 3rd parties in Smash at least follows one of those rules.

As much as people say ARMS doesn't have a chance in Smash, selling less than 1 2 Switch, I still am 100% sure that at least 2 reps and a stage will make it in. Maybe even the healing circle thing from the game as an item, but hey - you know what they say: never expect anything from Nintendo, or the Direct will be very long for you.
If it took Animal Crossing (a series that has been big since the 00's) until now to get 2 characters, there's no way ARMS will get 2 characters this soon. It's not very popular, it's only got one game (Splatoon in contrast is a huge deal in Japan and has 2 games and still doesn't have confirmation of more than one character), and it's simply way too new to tell if it's going to be a mainstay for Nintendo. ARMS would be lucky to get one character (which I do think it should get simply because it's a neat game and feels very 'Nintendo').

There's already a healing-field item in Smash Ultimate by the way and it's not from ARMS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom